Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Done Deal - Cullen on Loan

Comments

• Balls... so much for my concussion theory
  • Balls... so much for my concussion theory

I don’t think it’s his testicles either
  • Dislocated shoulder
  • 2 weeks to 3 months depending on how bad it is.
  • Two shoulders in a game is a bit freaky.
  • Dislocated shoulder

I hope not. It is between him and Taylor for poty.
  • Back to West Ham then.

Thanks for what you've done Josh. Good luck for the future.
  • LenGlover said:

Back to West Ham then.

We got him for the season, he won’t be back at West Ham, thankfully.
  • Impressed with Cullen in midfield, really benefits the team, hopefully the dislocation is on the shorter time scale of recovery.
  • Sponsored links:

• Sage said:

LenGlover said:

Back to West Ham then.

That’s good news if true, but I thought that Bowyer said in an interview that he didn’t know if West Ham would be recalling him in January. Hopefully you’re correct and the injury isn’t too bad.

• Watched on ifollow for first time this season and was really impressed with Cullen. Covered a lot of ground and his passing was good. Shame he got injured.
  • SID said:

Sage said:

LenGlover said:

Back to West Ham then.

That’s good news if true, but I thought that Bowyer said in an interview that he didn’t know if West Ham would be recalling him in January. Hopefully you’re correct and the injury isn’t too bad.

There might be a clause in the loan contract that they could call him back in January, however, I really don’t see the point as he is playing well for us and can’t see him going back to them and playing regularly. Keep him for the rest of his loan and see what happens to both us and himself.
  • I thought injured loan players automatically went back to their parent clubs for treatment to injuries?
  • LenGlover said:

I thought injured loan players automatically went back to their parent clubs for treatment to injuries?

Being a dislocated shoulder, there’s not really much more West Ham can do for him than what we can at Charlton. Probably better off just staying here for the treatment.

Some clubs are a bit funny, I know Arsenal are very much, “no we want our players to be assessed by our medical team, using our equipment and our scans”. But otherwise, I’d assume he is able to stay with us for treatment.
  • A massive loss if out for say 2 months, hopefully Bauer may be back by December, as then Bielik can play in midfield
  • edited November 2018
    Sage said:

Some clubs are a bit funny, I know Arsenal are very much, “no we want our players to be assessed by our medical team, using our equipment and our scans”. But otherwise, I’d assume he is able to stay with us for treatment.

With our record of injuries, season after season, and of players taking ages to fully recover, or never recovering, I shouldn't think any other club would have much confidence in our medical supervision.
  • Josh won't be called up by Ireland u21 if injured so could that affect our postponed game with Portsmouth as we won't have enough call ups to get the game postponed now?
  • Josh won't be called up by Ireland u21 if injured so could that affect our postponed game with Portsmouth as we won't have enough call ups to get the game postponed now?

I think once it’s postponed it’s too late, they won’t re-arrange it for the original date.
  • Sponsored links:

Bielik, Taylor, Ward?

But Scoham is right anyway, it's already been rearranged so it won't now go back to the original date.
  • Hard to see why RD would pay a fee when he doesn’t expect to be around to collect a profit later.

Why, is the club being sold ?
  • Cullen wouldnt have gone on Int Duty anyway as the Republic U21s dont have a game this break
  • Scoham said:
    West Ham do some dodgy business but there’s no way that:

1. Dack is an upgrade on Snodgrass or any other attacking midfielder they have

2. A premier league quality player.
  • Hammers are looking at Dack
  • Laddick01 said:

Scoham said:

Especially when they were recently looking at Samir Nasri. Bit of difference between his quality and bringing in Dack to make their squad better.

Really think Cullen will be here by the end of the January window.
  • Sage said:

Laddick01 said:

Scoham said:

Especially when they were recently looking at Samir Nasri. Bit of difference between his quality and bringing in Dack to make their squad better.

Really think Cullen will be here by the end of the January window.
    The curse of the calendar, he’s on January.
  • edited December 2018
    That swap deal makes zero sense to me.

Why do West Ham want Dack? Why do Blackburn want Cullen?

How much could each side realistically get for each player? Maybe 10m for Dack and 500k for Cullen?

With the money swirling around in the Prem these days, why would they offer Cullen (a player Blackburn probably don’t want) to get 500k off an asking price of a player they don’t even need themselves?

It’s all nonsense.
  • I think Dack is a player who might do well in the Premier League. It would be a punt for them, but a relatively cheap one by PL standards.