Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ireland, Ireland!

World number one?

Great game v the All Blacks.

Comments

• Great game. Fully deserved it.
    Not sure if they’ be No.1, new world rankings out on Monday.
  • Superb game .. The Ireland team has such great team spirit and all the bottle (green bottle) in the world .. I asked the question last week 'are the ABs on the wane' .. this game says they are, they don't have the depth of previous AB squads, the Irish have a very deep squad and enormous self belief .. good to see the ABs lose after England were robbed last week .. a word for the referee Wayne Barnes, the best in the world .. pity that England never have the opportunity to be refereed by this expert ..

England today were taken all the way by Japan, as with the ABs our squad still lacks a bit of depth
  • What a great game - talk about heroic, committed and superbly drilled defence. When was the last time the All Blacks failed to score a try ?

An absolutely gripping contest - right out of the top drawer
  • Blucher said:

What a great game - talk about heroic, committed and superbly drilled defence. When was the last time the All Blacks failed to score a try ?

An absolutely gripping contest - right out of the top drawer

Against a northern hemisphere team, 1995.
  • Wow - 25 years. What a stat
  • Loved it, brilliant performance.
  • Sponsored links:

Special thanks to England for softening the all blacks up last week.
  • Epic game.
    One try was the difference, but it was a great try to do it.
  • Never seen a country so excited about winning a friendly, at home. Celebrations are well OTT
  • Croydon said:

Never seen a country so excited about winning a friendly, at home. Celebrations are well OTT

The poor bastards have had to put up with us as their nearest neighbour for the last few thousand years, in that situation I'd take any excuse to celebrate.
  • i take it your Welsh
  • That is some Irish team. Other than the ABs I can't think of any team who would fancy their chances against them.
  • I feel a trip to Japan coming on.
  • Sponsored links:

• iainment said:

Croydon said:

Never seen a country so excited about winning a friendly, at home. Celebrations are well OTT

There are no friendly games in international sport.

And they beat the all blacks.

You need to get your head out of your arse.
    Exactly. The All Blacks play to win like probably no other team and that will have hurt them.
  • I agree with Lincs in that Wayne Barnes refereed the game brilliantly, I was initially annoyed with him talking to the players at every opportunity, but as the game wore on you could see that he gained the respect of both teams. No back chat from the players they just got on with it although on some occasions they have disagreed with him there was no dissent. I don’t think he ever went to the TMO.
  • Come on, All Blacks are the ‘winningest’ international sports team of all time
    Gotta give Ireland credit.
  • iainment said:

Croydon said:

What major tournament was being contested yesterday? Call it a test match all you like, it's an exhibition game and Irish fans are acting as if they've won the World Cup.

• Croydon said:

iainment said:

Croydon said:

What major tournament was being contested yesterday? Call it a test match all you like, it's an exhibition game and Irish fans are acting as if they've won the World Cup.

When they beat All Blacks in Chicago in 2016, it was the first time ever, that they'd beaten them (player first game in 1905 in Dublin).
    They've just beaten the most dominant team in any international sport again and this time at home, so they made history again.
    They're one year away from the world cup.
    They can lift this trophy for the first time ever.
    How can you blame them for being extremely happy and excited?
    You can't compare a football friendly to a rugby test match.
  • Croydon said:

iainment said:

Croydon said:

This time next year Rodney.

I'm hoping.
  • Croydon said:

iainment said:

Croydon said:

No they're not.
  • Croydon said:

iainment said:

Croydon said:

Croydon, if you truly believe this, then you know feck all about rugby union.
    So.
    Step away from the thread.

Oh & yes, I’m fecking milking it & celebrating like a bastard.

Ireland! Ireland!