Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Football Manager 2009

Is anyone else quite as excited as me?? Friday can not come quick enough, I've held back from gettin the demo and got a long wknd in with my laptop planned

Comments

• Is it coming out on xbox? Been looking on the internet but can't see whether it is or not?
  • I've ordered mine. I got it through play.com so I should get my name on the box as well. Probably wont have time to play it for a few weeks though!
  • I used to be addicted to the Football Manager series going all the way back to Championship Manager 2. In recent years I've just not had enough time really to play them although I've bought every one. You seriously need to be dedicated and have a lot of time on your hands, since getting Sky+ I just don't seem to have enough time to catch up on everything so in answer to your question no I'm not as excited as you although part of me wishes I was!
    I miss the 5/6 hours of pre season set up analysing each player at my disposal, getting the right coaching team in place, sending my scouts off to far off places looking for youngsters and trawling through the player searches for the hottest young prospects around the world or a cheeky bargain that might be willing to join Barnet or someone else in either the Conferance or League 2 in order to gain promotion.
  • I really can't wait, also preordered my copy, almost 3 months back now - how sad is that!!

Currently not having a mrs means I have plenty of spare time and can devot myself to gettin the perfect season with charlton (unbeaten all year and wining every trophey)

Only once have I done this, and I've had every copy!! Do tend to only go in about 7/8 seasons though overwise gets a bit silly
  • I used to start at the very bottom and work my way up, I think I managed to complete a career 3 times and came close another 3 or 4, it's almost more fun 15 years down the line when all the players are made up.
  • [cite]Posted By: RedArmySE7[/cite]I used to start at the very bottom and work my way up, I think I managed to complete a career 3 times and came close another 3 or 4, it's almost more fun 15 years down the line when all the players are made up.

granted, I need more commitment obviously!!Quite like playin until I get offered England job and then retire once won world cup, mission completed!!

Tend to start gettin a little bored from bout 6 seasons in - once I've usually conqured the world, and you always get to that point when you don't need any new players for a few years as there simply isn't them out there to improve your squad, oh and in the older games players always started goin for silly silly amounts of money - 50-100 million, that starts bemusing me
  • Cant Bloody wait!!! will be running to HMV at lunch time to get it, then the mrs is gona get me the psp version for crimbo. I always start at charlton, then usualy have a crack at welling, then eire or ireland as its easier to build up your rep as an international manager then lower league. always find tho when at a blue square south club as long as u have an ok season you normally get offerd better jobs quite quickly.
  • Who says us Charlton fans are nerds.

;-)
  • have not played this game since 2002
  • edited November 2008
    [cite]Posted By: carly burn[/cite]Who says us Charlton fans are nerds.

;-)

Its not just us!! Majority of football fans I no have cleared the wknd for a good 3 day session on champ!!!

Thankfully we haven't got a home game!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• I have Friday off work and because of my shift pattern I will not be back until the following Wednesday so I'm expecting a marathon session on the computer. I think the wife will not be happy?
  • [cite]Posted By: Crazy[/cite] think the wife will not be happy?

They never are - and to be fair the game has caused 'friction' in the past with old mrs, they just don't understand
  • Ordered my copy today, Mrs isn't too pleased about the idea - especially as I know have a laptop so I can play it (and in her eyes ignore her) anywhere in the house!
  • My missus and i had a nice little row over football manager last sat night, i had done everything she had asked me to do paint the bathroom, do the bins and hang the washing up, it was about 9pm, i sat down at the laptop opened a beer and began playing... went down like a nazi in a mosque,,, "So thats it then is it you have finished... Hate when you play that game, just gives u a resaon to ignore me" God bless Sports interactive.....
  • [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]My missus and i had a nice little row over football manager last sat night, i had done everything she had asked me to do paint the bathroom, do the bins and hang the washing up, it was about 9pm, i sat down at the laptop opened a beer and began playing... went down like a nazi in a mosque,,, "So thats it then is it you have finished... Hate when you play that game, just gives u a resaon to ignore me" God bless Sports interactive.....

I get it everyday from my missus with COD4 n all mate. Do everything she needs, load up the PS & the moaning starts. I promised her last night I was going to stop playing it from now on and her face lit up, all happy again. I did forget to mention that COD5 arrived that morning though.
  • Never played a "computer" game;
    Never wanted to play a "computer" game;
    Never Will play a "computer" game.
    Sorry.
  • [cite]Posted By: miserableold-ish git[/cite]Never played a "computer" game;
    Never wanted to play a "computer" game;
    Never Will play a "computer" game.
    Sorry.

How brilliantly named you are sir! :o)
  • And I'm only old-"ish" !

P.S. The only Sir is Sir Henry Irving !
  • Well what does everyone think about the new game then? Im having a tough time with Charlton thats for sure.
  • [cite]Posted By: Delux099[/cite]Well what does everyone think about the new game then? Im having a tough time with Charlton thats for sure.

Pretty realistic then.
  • Sponsored links:

• [quote][cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]My missus and i had a nice little row over football manager last sat night, i had done everything she had asked me to do paint the bathroom, do the bins and hang the washing up, it was about 9pm, i sat down at the laptop opened a beer and began playing... went down like a nazi in a mosque,,, "So thats it then is it you have finished... Hate when you play that game, just gives u a resaon to ignore me" God bless Sports interactive.....[/quote] Are we married to the same woman, i just get the look and a tut.............I will have to show her these posts tonight and prove its not just me
  • Just bought it from HMV at lunch will see if i can get an hour or 2 tonight, is it real? are we in the merd money wise on the game? does it run really slow when you use the 3D pitch view?Any glitches??
  • Yeah well it runs slow for me alright with the old 3d switched on my operating system aint the best though. Yep we have no money to spend alright and a tiny wage budget, so its realistic. You can of off load ZZ straight away and then have a mil to play with though. Best bet is to get rid of of Varny aswell, he truley is cack in this. There are glitches you'll have to download a patch before you play then youll be sorted.
  • [cite]Posted By: Delux099[/cite]Yeah well it runs slow for me alright with the old 3d switched on my operating system aint the best though. Yep we have no money to spend alright and a tiny wage budget, so its realistic. You can of off load ZZ straight away and then have a mil to play with though. Best bet is to get rid of of Varny aswell, he truley is cack in this. There are glitches you'll have to download a patch before you play then youll be sorted.

did th same made some good signings thou with the million, new wingers both left and right, and 2 strkers - can't remember their names all very cheap!! althou got Abreau (spelling) up front, he may be old but banged them in in preseason - kick off season 2night , can't wait

I've also got rid of our entire coaching staff - they were toss and replaced with some un heard of but gonna be ace coaches,
  • Oh and it doens't run slow with the 3d game, if your computor is the min req. off back of box, well it doesn;t on mine
  • who is our best player on it? in 08 it was semedo
  • Martyn Waghorn
  • PSP version for the train just sorted...
  • Youga has been the most solid for me so far. Some serious wheeling and dealing needed to be done if your gonna get the team up to a decent standard. You can tell that Wright and Shevley are gonna be savage though.
  • Oh and if you get the chance you can loan in Lee McCulloch, seems to bang em in.