Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Holidays 2019

Comments

• CAFCsayer said:

19 of us going Vegas in June... Literally counting down the days

That has the potential to get very, very messy!!

That said, there is no better place on the planet to get messy in than Vegas!
  • edited January 2019
    Going Malaga, Easter school holidays, and Sunny beach in August, will probably do a few weekends of camping.
  • Its a bit different for us this year.

Wife is now 21 weeks pregnant so that ruled out long haul/anything longer than 8hrs/anywhere with the Zika virus so opted for 10 days in Dubai in a few days. Looking forward to some warm sunshine.

Away for a weekend in Wales end of March to go to Zip World with a detour to Liverpool for the Spurs game tagged on the end.

Baby due in mid-May, so any other plans will wait until after the baby is settled in, although funds are already put aside for potential FA Cup/CL Final (in Madrid) should miracles exist...and baby has safely arrived...and absence is permitted. There's more chance of Spurs winning the league than all 3 alligning.

Wife is already looking into doing a 6-8wk trip before her maternity leave ends, so we do Japan, Australia and NZ or something like that next Spring as who knows when we'll next get an opportunity like that again.
  • RedPanda said:

I’ve booked Costa Rica & have a night in Miami coming home.

Also got the Italian MotoGP and will sort a couple of other short Euro trips.

Which resort in Costa Rica? Might be booking one this weekend (Planet Hollywood in Papagayo)
    _MrDick said:

Booked mine yesterday. Plumped for Aruba .. looks really nice. Anyone been? Tips?

Keen on Aruba...where are you looking?

It's our 15th anniversary this July so looking for something special to do for wifey as she really is bloody amazing

• Swisdom said:

Which resort in Costa Rica? Might be booking one this weekend (Planet Hollywood in Papagayo)

I’m not into resorts as such, the plan is San Jose, Monteverde, Manuel Antonio before back to San Jose. Monteverde’s for jungle and animals, Manuel Antonio has jungle and beaches so seems a nice mix of trekking and chilling.

I don’t think you can go wrong anywhere in Costa Rica. You’re never far from coastline, volcanoes, jungle or activities. Papagayo looks amazing and nearby Santa Rosa national park would be worth a visit.
  • Going to Budapest in July for my nephew's wedding and Cuba in October, any advice for Cuba?
  • Just had my right arm and half left leg cut off for a villa in Portugal for two weeks in August.

Centre Parcs Over Easter,

Le Mans in June

Amsterdam in June...... on a bike FFS and getting there under my own steam! (aside from the ferry of course),..... seemed a good idea at the time. You can pay for my suffering here;

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/andybuckland2ams

Actually, best to pay for someone else on the team

https://www.justgiving.com/companyteams/cafcaddicks
  • RedPanda said:

Swisdom said:

I’m not into resorts as such, the plan is San Jose, Monteverde, Manuel Antonio before back to San Jose. Monteverde’s for jungle and animals, Manuel Antonio has jungle and beaches so seems a nice mix of trekking and chilling.

I don’t think you can go wrong anywhere in Costa Rica. You’re never far from coastline, volcanoes, jungle or activities. Papagayo looks amazing and nearby Santa Rosa national park would be worth a visit.
    cheers. Travelling with 10 year old daughter and 6 year old son so we have to go with a resort.

We were looking at an upgraded room and flights plus 2 weeks all inclusive - looks awesome. Only thing is we both hate bugs and snakes....
  • edited January 2019
    Swisdom said:

RedPanda said:

Swisdom said:

cheers. Travelling with 10 year old daughter and 6 year old son so we have to go with a resort.

We were looking at an upgraded room and flights plus 2 weeks all inclusive - looks awesome. Only thing is we both hate bugs and snakes....
    Snakes there'd be very little chance of seeing. The bug situation does look more intimidating than similar countries but all the bad stuff would be out in the wilderness. I wouldn't let them put you off going, although Aruba does look even more idyllic.
  • _MrDick said:

Booked mine yesterday. Plumped for Aruba .. looks really nice. Anyone been? Tips?

Had a day in Aruba a year ago as part of a cruise. Went to Eagle Beach. Beautiful sand and sea. Very good for snorkelling boat trips.
  • Sponsored links:

• Going to Cuba later this month. 4 days in Havana and then a beach resort at Varadero. Looking forward to seeing Cuba before go gets changed too much.
  • Davo55 said:

Going to Cuba later this month. 4 days in Havana and then a beach resort at Varadero. Looking forward to seeing Cuba before go gets changed too much.

20 years to late mate.
    Sorry
  • Just got back from 2 weeks in Southern California for some winter sun so not sure what our summer plans will be while I am paying for the one just gone!

Thinking a Carribean Island - but that would be in August and not sure when hurricane season is again? Starts around Sept as far as I know.
  • after xmas best way to get over the back to work blues is think of holidays.

got barcelona and amsterdam for long weekends.

a stag in benidorm and prague with england booked with the lads.

looking to do a european weeks holday 1st week of sept, was considering portugal but dont know if the weather will still be good? alternatively any other shouts of places that weather is still pretty decent and plenty of choices bars/restaurants etc.

ta in advance.

Weather in Portugal around the Algarve in September is normally excellent.
  • bobmunro said:

CAFCsayer said:

19 of us going Vegas in June... Literally counting down the days

That has the potential to get very, very messy!!

That said, there is no better place on the planet to get messy in than Vegas!
    More than potential with the blokes im going with!
  • Im thinking of taking a trip into Israel but concerned about visa/stamps in passport as I want to also visit Iran later this year.
  • Hoping to pack my job in around September/October and go to South East Asia, South America and some snowboarding somewhere for a year.

Got a few obstacles in my way before I can put these plans to action but if all goes well that’s what I’ll be doing.
  • Solidgone said:

Im thinking of taking a trip into Israel but concerned about visa/stamps in passport as I want to also visit Iran later this year.

I think I'm right in saying they don't stamp your passport in Israel, but attach an entry / exit slip of paper. I visited Tel Aviv / Jerusalem a couple of years back (Jerusalem highly recommended irrespective of your position on faith) and pretty sure this happened (though it took me an age to get out of the country because I has a few UAE stamps and got asked a million questions...)
  • So far a long weekend in Prague in a couple of weeks time, Rio for the carnival in March and 2 weeks in Asia doing China, Hong Kong, Philippines and Taiwan. Will do some other trips, the year is young!
  • Sponsored links:

• Solidgone said:

Im thinking of taking a trip into Israel but concerned about visa/stamps in passport as I want to also visit Iran later this year.

You could catch the return dinghy from Dover
  • Solidgone said:

You could catch the return dinghy from Dover
    Mmmnn...an idea...
  • edited January 2019
    Just bookend week in Algarve, first non UK caravan summer holiday for a couple of years so super excited a d kids jumping up and down!

Nothing probably, kids are school age now and I can't afford £3000+ on a week's holiday in Spain.

Or £2,000 on a few days in Camber Sands come to that.

Might manage a weekend or two camping with them maybe.

I feel your pain @North Lower Neil all that to sleep on the settee as well!

What id say is I find Jet2Holidays the best value, the one we’ve booked was available with Jet2, Tui and First Choice. The same 7 night holiday has worked out about 28-30% cheaper with Jet2. Which for 6 of us is a huge amount difference. Tui flights were with EasyJet as well.
  • Vegas in March for a week

when are you there? we're doing 6th-9th March in the NoMad. 4 days in San Fran before that then a drive down the Pacific highway to Vegas
  • Solidgone said:

Israel visa is now on a separate piece of card which you can just remove from passport once home.

Heads up on Iran visa, it’s currently taking about 3 months from initial application with Ministry of Tourism in Tehran to when you’ll receive approval for visiting consulate in London to apply for the actual visa (which then takes a week of them having your passport to apply visa stamp).
  • Thinking of doing a Pyrenean walking/food holiday this year. Anyone done anything similar and have wise words of advice?
  • Solidgone said:

Israel visa is now on a separate piece of card which you can just remove from passport once home.

Heads up on Iran visa, it’s currently taking about 3 months from initial application with Ministry of Tourism in Tehran to when you’ll receive approval for visiting consulate in London to apply for the actual visa (which then takes a week of them having your passport to apply visa stamp).
    @stoneroses19 thanks. I thought it was going to be an arduous task to get an Iranian visa.

I’ve also heard that I would be grilled by the Israeli immigration should I have an Iranian visa in my passport. And that I wouldn’t be allowed into the USA.
  • A night trip to Belgium as organised here; a 4 night trip to Tenerife with friends; a possible hike in Iceland, been asked to go Vegas but don’t think I will, summer hols prob in cornwall, Devon or Wales; and Lapland just before Xmas next year is my lot I think.

Any tips on a cottage near the sea and/or on a farm in one of above locations with 3+ bedrooms and availability in summer hols I would certainly be interested to hear from.

Have a look at Hill Farm Cottages in Torrington, Exeter. Just south of Barnstaple.
    Not too far from the beach, cottages on a functional farm. It has been a few years since I’ve been but was a family favourite for a solid 8 consecutive years.
  • Solidgone said:

Solidgone said:

@stoneroses19 thanks. I thought it was going to be an arduous task to get an Iranian visa.

I’ve also heard that I would be grilled by the Israeli immigration should I have an Iranian visa in my passport. And that I wouldn’t be allowed into the USA.
    Iran visa is long and complicated, but worth it. One of the best countries I’ve ever visited.

I’ve not had any problems visiting other countries with an Iran stamp. But I know US is complicated. You have to apply for a full visa instead of the e-visa and even then it’s possible they’ll deny you entry. For me it was an easy decision to visit Iran and not visit USA until my next passport, but get a lot of people would prefer the other way around.
  • IdleHans said:

Thinking of doing a Pyrenean walking/food holiday this year. Anyone done anything similar and have wise words of advice?

Lovely part of the world...both French and Spanish sides....marvelous scenery around there.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!