Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Holidays 2019

1252627282931»

Comments

• I’m planning 2 weeks in Costa del Bexley. 
    Staying at the Premier Inn? Sounds nice.
  • Air BnB offering a full refund for any trips booked prior to 14 Mar for trips between 14 Mar and 14 Apr. Decent gesture and has just saved me £300 I thought I had lost.
    Yeah v good. Cancelled our trip on Monday. Refund in full in our account on Tuesday. 
  • Cornwall is already worried about the fact that people will be bored by Easter with self-isolation and all you coravirus carriers will come down and infect the locals as you will not be able to go abroad. We apparently only have ten cases in Cornwall so far. 
    The people of North Wales were making similar moans, about the area being filled with diseased people from the rest of the country in their second homes!

To an extent they have a point, as the hospital services there aren't really geared up for this, especially if they get an influx of older people
  • About a week ago - I think -all happening so quickly.

I have a place on the coast in Spain - the beach was completely cut off and guarded by Police.

Everyone was critical saying why? - it’s a beach?

The locals were not overly happy with the Mayoress as the Promenade and Beach were shut, which they run / walk along.

Transpired lots of self isolating families from Madrid were using the perfect excuse to come to the coast to self isolate....with their infections. 

• Cornwall is already worried about the fact that people will be bored by Easter with self-isolation and all you coravirus carriers will come down and infect the locals as you will not be able to go abroad. We apparently only have ten cases in Cornwall so far. 
    My Dad lives on the Isle of Wight. Chatting to him this morning and he was moaning that now schools have closed all the holiday home owners will rush to the island and clear out Tesco!
  • edited March 2020
    Friends in Santa Marta Columbia are not allowed on the beach. It’s a tough life eh!
  • I’m planning 2 weeks in Costa del Bexley. 
    Staying at the Premier Inn? Sounds nice.

We're not that posh!

Seriously though, we're having a new patio laid, plus a smaller one at the end of our garden soon and will get some new furniture, BBQ, heater, maybe an inflatable hot tub and plan to spend our holiday out there. The summer house will be turned into a bar

• Easter trip to Norfolk cancelled :-(
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!