Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Holidays 2019

Comments

• Options
    PeterGage said:

Hi guys. As mentioned on other holiday threads, my wife and I travel extensively. I have been to 91 differerent countries/islands around the world and we are off to The Maldives in August for our 6th visit there.

However I need some advice/holiday experience on a different island, namely Koh Rong, Cambodia. This is viewed as an upcoming new "paradise" and at the moment it is (relatively) " cheap as chips".

Anybody been there? Any experiences? I have viewed it on You Tube, but would like experiences from people on here. Thanks

Superb choice for beach break if in Cambodia. Although not sure about it being upcoming new paradise, it’s been backpackers choice for years and a lot of development has already happened. Best hotel on the main Koh Rong island is The Royal Sands. Depending on your budget, might want to take a look at the properties which have private islands nearby, such as Song Saa and the more recently opened Six Senses Krabey Island.
    Thanks for your comments. We are considering Koh Song for early next year. I will now research The Royal Sands hotel. Thanks once again.
  • Options
    PeterGage said:
    PeterGage said:

Hi guys. As mentioned on other holiday threads, my wife and I travel extensively. I have been to 91 differerent countries/islands around the world and we are off to The Maldives in August for our 6th visit there.

However I need some advice/holiday experience on a different island, namely Koh Rong, Cambodia. This is viewed as an upcoming new "paradise" and at the moment it is (relatively) " cheap as chips".

Anybody been there? Any experiences? I have viewed it on You Tube, but would like experiences from people on here. Thanks

Superb choice for beach break if in Cambodia. Although not sure about it being upcoming new paradise, it’s been backpackers choice for years and a lot of development has already happened. Best hotel on the main Koh Rong island is The Royal Sands. Depending on your budget, might want to take a look at the properties which have private islands nearby, such as Song Saa and the more recently opened Six Senses Krabey Island.
    Thanks for your comments. We are considering Koh Song for early next year. I will now research The Royal Sands hotel. Thanks once again.
    Thanks @stoneroses19 for your advice. The Royal Sands is more expensive than we care to shell out and we are researching other accommodation options via You Tube.
  • Options
    My choice of Northern Japan and South Korea wasn't the best for some reason!

Outbound flight cancelled so I've scrapped the whole trip for now; fortunately all hotels were free cancellation and two of the three flights will refund. Waiting for the other to cancel so I can get my money back from them as well.

Still may go if things improve between now and the end of June. Dont have a Plan B at present.
  • Options

Outbound flight cancelled so I've scrapped the whole trip for now; fortunately all hotels were free cancellation and two of the three flights will refund. Waiting for the other to cancel so I can get my money back from them as well.

Still may go if things improve between now and the end of June. Dont have a Plan B at present.
    We're due to head to Japan in 13 days time.
    Still very much in no man's land as what to do.  Really need the FCO to say no travel or Japan to say no to visitors.
    Still really want to go and if it was just the wife and I, I think we'd still chance it...but with an 11 month old baby?  I have my doubts.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

Still very much in no man's land as what to do.  Really need the FCO to say no travel or Japan to say no to visitors.
    Still really want to go and if it was just the wife and I, I think we'd still chance it...but with an 11 month old baby?  I have my doubts.
    Will be called off by then.
    I go on a cruise in a couple of weeks .
    Two cruise companies today have cancelled thier cruise.
    My company did email yesterday to say 400 quid behind the bar or can transfer to a latter date
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    JohnBoyUK said:

My company did email yesterday to say 400 quid behind the bar or can transfer to a latter date
    The way you drink 400 quid won't touch the sides 
  • Options
    I think I’ll still go to Arras this weekend. Car show’s been cancelled but @SE7toSG3 has very kindly sent me detail of a few WW1 related places to visit.
  • Options
    this year it looks like a day trip to Cleethorpes dressed in a hazard suit
  • Options
    Have a big holiday planned in Canada first two weeks of June, wondering if by them they will banning people entering the country?
  • Options
    Have a big holiday planned in Canada first two weeks of June, wondering if by them they will banning people entering the country?
    They wont have to ban the brits, theyll be none of us left
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    clb74 said:
    JohnBoyUK said:

Presume you're transferring to another date ?
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    JohnBoyUK said:

Travel industry f@cked.
    Received email yesterday they are offering over 70s and the vulnerable money back or 125% off future cruises.
    I'm still going at the moment can cancel up to 48hrs before
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Got back from a week in Malta recently. Had a great time. Islanders were really friendly and would recommend.

Or at least until this morning. All tourists arriving now being put in 14 days quarantine and confined to hotel room. We were told their economy depends upon tourism so Lord knows how they will get on. 
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

Trailfinders have just cancelled ALL bookings made for March and April.
    We can get a full refund or can rebook again once things calm down.

Obviously gutted we're not going but bloody hell so relieved we're not going at the same time and relieved we wont be losing money or be forced to sit in quarantine anywhere for 14 days.
    Thank f*ck for that.
  • Options
    Brother was due to go to St Lucia but they are now prohibiting entry.

Tourist industry will be decimated this year.
  • Options
    I have a holiday in Mexico booked for mid May, after the main football season finishes and before the Euros................

Looking very unlikely that any of those 3 will happen, have only paid 10% deposit so far
  • Options
    I’m meant to be going to Singapore and Bali at end May, but who knows at the moment 
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Greece (thessaloniki) in April. Cyprus in May. Cyprus in July.

Greece has been cancelled and can see the may one going the same way.
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    clb74 said:
    JohnBoyUK said:

Travel industry f@cked.
    Received email yesterday they are offering over 70s and the vulnerable money back or 125% off future cruises.
    Cruise gone.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Locked down in Tenerife at present. Not allowed out of hotel except to go to chemist or supermarket. Advised to stay in room except at mealtimes. Pool and sun beds out of bounds. Local bars and restaurants all shut and being enforced by police / military.
    I came on here for some good news .....
  • Options
    at least the sun is shining. 🌝
  • Options

Did you cancel Greece, mate? Or was it cancelled by a travel company, etc? 
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    clb74 said:
    clb74 said:
    JohnBoyUK said:

Travel industry f@cked.
    Cruise gone.

Just as well I've just read the dress code. 
    No shorts allowed. 
  • Options
    Was going to visit my friend in Chicago for his 40th and then a few of us drive down to New York to visit our other mate. Then Illinois announce all bars and restos closing. NYC not far behind. Cancelled my flights this afternoon. 
  • Options

Did you cancel Greece, mate? Or was it cancelled by a travel company, etc? 
    Was off out there for ivf and advised by the lab to put it back a month or 2. So will have to wait and see. Not really a holiday I suppose but having been out there a few times we still try to make it one.
  • Options
    The cottage in Devon we booked for August seems a reasonably sound bet now, was sad I wasn't flying somewhere more exotic before all this.
  • Options
    The cottage in Devon we booked for August seems a reasonably sound bet now, was sad I wasn't flying somewhere more exotic before all this.
    Will be a lot of demand for UK holidays this year. 
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    Will be a lot of demand for UK holidays this year. 
    Surely that depends upon what happens with the virus. 
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    JohnBoyUK said:

Trailfinders have just cancelled ALL bookings made for March and April.
    We can get a full refund or can rebook again once things calm down.

Obviously gutted we're not going but bloody hell so relieved we're not going at the same time and relieved we wont be losing money or be forced to sit in quarantine anywhere for 14 days.
    Thank f*ck for that.
    I know how much you were looking forward to that trip mate, but glad you’ve been offered full refund. Trailfinders are fortunate to be the company size they are to offer such refunds. Really difficult for the smaller tour operators at the moment that just do not have the means to offer full refunds all round even if they are ATOL and ABTA protected. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!