Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Joe Mason Rejects Plymouth

Forward Joe Mason will not be rejoining former club Plymouth Argyle.

The 27-year-old free agent, who started his career at the Pilgrims, was offered a contractlast week.

But the former Cardiff City player, who was released by Wolves last month, has turned down Argyle's approach.

"He has offers from other clubs in our division and the division below. We put an offer to him, but it's not going to happen for us," manager Derek Adams told BBC Radio Devon.

"I spoke to the agent and he has better offers in other places."

Adams is still looking for another forward after Joel Grant was ruled out for much of the rest of the season after needing surgery on a shoulder injury.

"We are looking for somebody to give us added depth in that area, we're probably one player short at this moment in time," the Scot said.

"We didn't think he (Grant) would be out towards the end of the season, we thought his injury would have healed, but he's had to go for an operation now."

Comments

• What are the odds he goes to Sunderland or Doncaster and scores the winner against us at Wembley(if we get there)
  • So do I. 
  • Madness that we cant offer this guy a contract until the end of the season.

Maybe Murray will save the day and pay him 3 months wages to get us promoted and win back the fans.
  • Madness that we cant offer this guy a contract until the end of the season.

Maybe Murray will save the day and pay him 3 months wages to get us promoted and win back the fans.
    Shame no one on here can afford it haha.

How great would that look in the press CAFC owner so bad that fans are paying a players wages
  • I'll put £20 in
  • clb74 said:
    I'll put £20 in
    That will buy you elfsborg not mason 
  • clb74 said:
    I'll put £20 in
    £5 for him
  • clb74 said:
    clb74 said:
    I'll put £20 in
    £5 for him
    Wimbledon away coming up.
    Your round I believe 
  • edited February 2019
    Where's the card fund when you need it?! If 500 of us put in £25 a month until May we'd be able to pay him circa £3000 a week.

Charlton Life's first signing! 
  • We should all chip in and get this player on board I’m in
  • Sponsored links:

• Where's the card fund when you need it?! If 500 of us put in £25 a month until May we'd be able to pay him circa £3000 a week.

Charlton Life's first signing! 
    At the moment his on £75 a month 
  • I remember him looking decent at Cardiff. But when you look at the last couple years, he only played once for Pompey on loan the first half of the season (I know he would have had Hawkins and Pitman in front of him in a team that plays one up front), and he got three goals in 14 games for the Colorado Rapids of MLS last season. Before that, he played four times for Burton during the first half of the '17-18 season. 

I'm only looking at the numbers, I don't have all the context, but it does make me wonder if there's something that has gone off with him. Don't get me wrong, he's still better than nothing, but I just wonder what has happened the last couple seasons. 
  • I thibk the idea of fans paying is great. shall we start a thread 
  • It’s really not impossible to think we could get 100 people to pay £25 a month and offer him £2500/mo

It would also generate more publicity re: Roland and why he needs to go 

I can see arguments against, though- Us paying could be argued to be subsidising Roland’s foolishness
  • Great idea the fans to start paying for players but Roland would soon get ideas in his head that he wouldn't need to finance any more signings because the fans could pay for them all.
  • sod Roland, it is OUR club, I'd contribute but first someone with connections needs to ascertain if it is something that LB would want.
  • It’s really not impossible to think we could get 100 people to pay £25 a month and offer him £2500/mo

I can see arguments against, though- Us paying could be argued to be subsidising Roland’s foolishness
    I think he might want more than £30k pa?

I think he might want more than £30k pa?
    Oops.... got on that a bit early in the morning and confused monthly rate and weekly rate. Still, principal remains the same
  • SDAddick said:
    I remember him looking decent at Cardiff. But when you look at the last couple years, he only played once for Pompey on loan the first half of the season (I know he would have had Hawkins and Pitman in front of him in a team that plays one up front), and he got three goals in 14 games for the Colorado Rapids of MLS last season. Before that, he played four times for Burton during the first half of the '17-18 season. 

I'm only looking at the numbers, I don't have all the context, but it does make me wonder if there's something that has gone off with him. Don't get me wrong, he's still better than nothing, but I just wonder what has happened the last couple seasons. 
    His recent record concerns me, especially as he's never been a  prolific scorer anyway
  • have no idea whether joe mason is any good or not but if bowyer thinks he would be a good addition, thats good enough for me - i think it would be a great idea to try and raise the funds to pay his wages til the end of the season - a bit like the ronnie moore in the early eighties. Maybe we raise half and somebody like RM puts the other half in
  • Sponsored links:

• Where do I pay?
  • DOUCHER said:
    have no idea whether joe mason is any good or not but if bowyer thinks he would be a good addition, thats good enough for me - i think it would be a great idea to try and raise the funds to pay his wages til the end of the season - a bit like the ronnie moore in the early eighties. Maybe we raise half and somebody like RM puts the other half in
    Difference is back then,we didn't have a pot to piss in. We have a very wealthy owner who could maybe be proper embarrassed if word of us even thinking about  this got into the Belgian press. 
  • Lot of pressure for the bloke if he’s taking fans money!
  • Put a just giving page up will soon make the headlines even if a few quid only goes in 
  • DOUCHER said:
    have no idea whether joe mason is any good or not but if bowyer thinks he would be a good addition, thats good enough for me - i think it would be a great idea to try and raise the funds to pay his wages til the end of the season - a bit like the ronnie moore in the early eighties. Maybe we raise half and somebody like RM puts the other half in
    Difference is back then,we didn't have a pot to piss in. We have a very wealthy owner who could maybe be proper embarrassed if word of us even thinking about  this got into the Belgian press. 
    Roland wouldn't be at all embarrassed, he would probably find it funny.
  • clb74 said:
    Put a just giving page up will soon make the headlines even if a few quid only goes in 
    Hows this

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/cafcstriker

Please share

Oh and if anybody has suggestion on the text or anything i should add let me know and i will edit it
  • Can one of the press guys tell LB about this and get his reaction
  • clb74 said:
    Put a just giving page up will soon make the headlines even if a few quid only goes in 
    Hows this

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/cafcstriker

Please share

Oh and if anybody has suggestion on the text or anything i should add let me know and i will edit it
    Good to see you back on here @paulie8290
  • Can I just say I am willing to donate but if it is not required or we don't raise enough (which I think will happen) can the money please go to The Upbeats?
  • Good idea @cfgs now added this to the updates section