Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Top Premier League Oranje ?

Your vote please for top P L Dutchman
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47443053

Comments

• Was going to ask, where is Cruyff?

Then realised it was Premiership players only ... oops
  • stonemuse said:
    Was going to ask, where is Cruyff?

Then realised it was Premiership players only ... oops
    good point .. I'll change the text
  • Talal said:
    Bergkamp, no contest. 
    got my vote as well
  • Overmars not contest

Most underated player in the prem IMO
  • Bergkamp first, the rest nowhere.
  • Came across the BBC poll earlier. Would have voted Bergkamp without checking the list.
  • JFH during his Charlton spell surely?!
  • Ruud van Nistelrooy for me
  • Sponsored links:

• Can’t believe Marco Boogers isn’t on the list.
  • bobmunro said:
    Bergkamp first, the rest nowhere.
    bobmunro said:
    Bergkamp first, the rest nowhere.
    Agree....Van Dyke 2nd.
  • In the days before football was invented by Sky, Frans Thijssen at Ipswich was superb.
  • Bergkamp surely? 
  • bergkamp - no contest, van dyke is v good but its a couple of good seasons
  • edited March 2019
    Bergkamp by a mile.

Though Van Persie was incredible for a couple of years when not injured, and Van Nistelrooy was the best pure finisher I think I've seen in the Premier League.
  • Bergy instant, class above the rest
  • In the days before football was invented by Sky, Frans Thijssen at Ipswich was superb.
    Arnold Muhren wasn't bad either.
  • Sponsored links:

In the days before football was invented by Sky, Frans Thijssen at Ipswich was superb.

Muhren and Thijssen, amongst two of the very first foreigners to play in England .. brought a  whole new dimension to the Tractor Boys under Bobby Robson 
  • Jaap Stam for me, three seasons, three league titles a FA cup and a Champions League

Berkamp played when he wanted to
  • edited March 2019
    Bergkamp was just brilliant.  Full stop.  Will never forget the goals against Newcastle and his hattrick against Leicester for the scum.  oh and the goal for the Dutchies against Argentina.

One closest to my heart was Van der Vaart though.  Was an absolute pleasure to watch him in his season and a half or whatever it was at Spurs.  4 goals in 4 NLDs against Arsenal, including the pen in our first win on enemy territory for what felt like 150 bloody years.  His legs has pretty much gone by then and he rarely lasted 90 mins but against Arsenal he was bloody everywhere and his quality shone above everyone.  One of the best players I've seen at Spurs in the last 30 years unquestionably.

• I'd happily concede that Bergkamp is the best natural footballer of the lot and was a magician, but to say there is no contest is not fair to many on that list. His goal scoring record isn't fantastic, Van Nistelrooy & Van Persie were far better 'strikers' than Bergkamp, if Bergkamp didn't have the best player in premier league history alongside him scoring for fun then his strikerate of 1 in 3.5 wouldn't look too clever
  • edited March 2019
    Bergkamp wasn't a 'striker' as such though was he. He'd chip in with goals but his game was about laying it on a plate for his strike partner which he did countless times. Can't really compare him with Van Nistelrooy or Van Persie as they were different types of players. 
    For me he's in the top 5 best players to play in the premier league. 
  • Bergkamp is one of the footballers that made me fall in love with the game, which makes it a no contest.

Stam, van der Sar and RVP are all equally justifiable (not Ruud for me, given how much of a poacher he was), but... man, with the ball at his feet, Bergkamp just played the game like you wanted to see it played.
  • Talal said:
    Bergkamp wasn't a 'striker' as such though was he. He'd chip in with goals but his game was about laying it on a plate for his strike partner which he did countless times. Can't really compare him with Van Nistelrooy or Van Persie as they were different types of players. 
    For me he's in the top 5 best players to play in the premier league. 
    was he the prototype, the original 'Number 10' ? (NOT Mrs Maybeyes Mightbeno)
  • Without wanting to look like a fanboy, here's a good old YouTube montage.
    Genius. 

https://youtu.be/YtLzBlkDZds
  • is it still common knowledge that Bergkamp's father named his son after the (almost) incomparable Dennis Law ? 
  • Really I can see only four real options Bergkamp, Van Persie, Staam and Van der Sar.  The others don't have the longevity or over all effect yet.