Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Done Deal - Cullen on Loan

Comments

• Pretty sure Nasri is going to sign a deal until the end of the season.

If West Ham are looking at Dack I guess it could happen in the summer.
  • edited December 2018
    Laddick01 said:

Scoham said:
    West Ham do some dodgy business but there’s no way that:

1. Dack is an upgrade on Snodgrass or any other attacking midfielder they have

2. A premier league quality player.
    Maybe not right now but he'd be pretty cheap (in premier league terms), he's young and has a chance to progress into a premier league player. Did well in league one, stepped up and has done well in the championship, who's to say he can't make it in the premier league. He's only 25.
  • bit of talk in the media today that Josh Cullen may be called into the Republic of Ireland squad, Mick McCarthy watched the Charlton Portsmouth game, as he was watching Ronan Curtis who scored,  but was also very impressed with Josh, wait and see.
  • RedJohn said:
    bit of talk in the media today that Josh Cullen may be called into the Republic of Ireland squad, Mick McCarthy watched the Charlton Portsmouth game, as he was watching Ronan Curtis who scored,  but was also very impressed with Josh, wait and see.
    I'd love to get him on a permanent deal. 
  • RedJohn said:
    bit of talk in the media today that Josh Cullen may be called into the Republic of Ireland squad, Mick McCarthy watched the Charlton Portsmouth game, as he was watching Ronan Curtis who scored,  but was also very impressed with Josh, wait and see.
    Sure we all would but think it's more likely he could come on loan again next season if we are promoted. Doubt he'll be playing league one football again. 
  • Talal said:
    RedJohn said:
    Sure we all would but think it's more likely he could come on loan again next season if we are promoted. Doubt he'll be playing league one football again. 
    Think that if we do get promoted, there is a very good possibility that Cullen might come here permanently. He doesn’t have to travel far, is very good friends with Lewis Page, great relationship with the club and management team, and will know if he plays regularly for us in the Championship, he will get in the Ireland squad and from there who knows. It would make sense.

The likelihood is, Cullen is never going to play for West Ham in the Premier League as they’ll just go out and buy a midfielder, especially one to replace Noble, albeit Josh would probably be the most economical and best player to come in, they’re likely to go and buy a player pushing Josh further down the pecking order.
  • Ireland might want to call him up and play him for the last moments of the match

Having been born in Southend he could still follow Declan Rice

You'd think that they'd want to start copying the Welsh approach by giving competitive caps to 16-year olds to ensure they cant lose them further down the line
  • He’s got a bit of both Scott Parker and Kinsella about him and he is only going to get better. Cracking little player!
  • Sponsored links:

• Can't see Cullen making it in the West Ham first team, but I'm sure it's still his dream. I imagine he'll go on loan to the Championship next season if he goes out
  • Been superb last 2 games. If him, Aribo, Beilik and Williams are fit for the play offs I rate our chances very highly
    It’s a strong midfield but I do worry about the end product and someone popping up in the box to get the goals. I think 3 of them alongside one of Fosu or Reeves might be our best bet. 
  • Sage said:
    Talal said:
    RedJohn said:
    Think that if we do get promoted, there is a very good possibility that Cullen might come here permanently. He doesn’t have to travel far, is very good friends with Lewis Page, great relationship with the club and management team, and will know if he plays regularly for us in the Championship, he will get in the Ireland squad and from there who knows. It would make sense.

The likelihood is, Cullen is never going to play for West Ham in the Premier League as they’ll just go out and buy a midfielder, especially one to replace Noble, albeit Josh would probably be the most economical and best player to come in, they’re likely to go and buy a player pushing Josh further down the pecking order.

West Ham would likely want a fee though so we can put that idea to bed now.
    Well we can only hope that the lunatic upstairs either someday sells or packs it in. To be honest, I don’t think I care which anymore.
  • edited March 2019
    Ireland might want to call him up and play him for the last moments of the match

Having been born in Southend he could still follow Declan Rice

You'd think that they'd want to start copying the Welsh approach by giving competitive caps to 16-year olds to ensure they cant lose them further down the line

He's from good Leitrim stock, he wouldn't do that sort of thing. It's hard  to trust some people from the rebel county. 
  • A very industrious player who should be playing at a higher level - has bags of energy and gets stuck in. Hope we keep him.
  • Been superb last 2 games. If him, Aribo, Beilik and Williams are fit for the play offs I rate our chances very highly
    Lovely little player. Has a wonderful skill set and work rate.
  • Hope he gets some game time! Has become an extremely important player for us, to the extent where we've hardly missed JFC (maybe some of his goals, but Cullen is probably a better ballwinner)
  • edited March 2019
    Been critical of him since his return from injury, as I wasn’t sure what he offered going forward  but he’s massively stepped up in the last three matches. 

Bloke is hitting top form and is becoming arguably the most important part of our team.
  • Fully deserved; be great if he can get his first cap... Hope he comes back without any knocks though
  • Sponsored links:

• RedJohn said:
    Josh Cullen called into Republic of Ireland squad as replacement, first ever call up, congratulations in order.
    FIVE call ups this international window (with Williams missing out) is that a record for a 3rd division side?
  • Josh has been the most consistent performer for the last 2 games in my opinion, pulling the strings from midfield, long may it continue.
  • Josh has been the most consistent performer for the last 2 games in my opinion, pulling the strings from midfield, long may it continue.
    Not a flair player but keeps things ticking over - players of this type don't always get the credit they deserve. 
  • RedJohn said:
    Josh Cullen called into Republic of Ireland squad as replacement, first ever call up, congratulations in order.
    Massive congratulations. Not only well deserved, but from what I can tell of the Ireland squad, some creativity in that midfield is needed. 
  • So, Declan Rice jumps ship from Ireland to England, which is immediately followed by Cullen's first call up for the full Irish side...

A very good player, being in the right place at the right time.
  • The Irish Pirlo. 
  • I think he is out of contract May this year.
  • Redrobo said:
    I think he is out of contract May this year.
    Signed a new three year deal in August 2017
  • Redrobo said:
    I think he is out of contract May this year.
    Signed a new three year deal in August 2017
    Bugger