Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

EFL Team of the Year

4 Barnsley 
3 Luton
2 Doncaster
1 Sunderland
1 Pompey

Comments

• Shows how well Lee Bowyer has done given the resources and support from the owners.
  • Only team in the top 6 without a player there, though I'm sure if Grant stayed all season he'd have made it in
  • who and how is this team chosen? 
  • never understand how they can do this so early, barnsley could quite easily fall away and not go up so team of the year would be team of bottlers
  • redman said:
    who and how is this team chosen? 
    Selected by the Managers
  • Top 5 a long way ahead of the rest and they choose players from every other club and 2 from the team below us. really poor, not like they were short of options from Charlton. Bowyer (as manager, doesn't say in picture but Barnsley manager won it), Taylor, Bielek, Cullen, Aribo all could easily be there.
  • McGeady | Collins | Marquis are the three up for Player of the Year

Remarkable that they're all attacking players; amazes me in that sense how Chris Solly won POTY when we won the League
  • McGeady | Collins | Marquis are the three up for Player of the Year

Remarkable that they're all attacking players; amazes me in that sense how Chris Solly won POTY when we won the League
    When we won the league, we had a few players in the team of year (Jacko, Wiggins, BWP, Morrison?). But not Solly, who then won our POTY.

I think Lowton (Sheff Utd) was the chosen right back
  • Our own CL stats do suggest that while nobody has been outstanding, we have several very consistent performers at a high level

Unusual to have nobody from outside the top teams. Normally there's somebody from a smaller team who shines, like an Oztumer 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2019
    Ben18 said:
    McGeady | Collins | Marquis are the three up for Player of the Year

When we won the league, we had a few players in the team of year (Jacko, Wiggins, BWP, Morrison?). But not Solly, who then won our POTY.

I think Lowton (Sheff Utd) was the chosen right back
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PFA_Team_of_the_Year_(2010s)#League_One_3

Was Jack Hunt @ Huddersfield

Seem to remember him deserving it too as he was a good Right-Back himself for that team (maybe had a bit more pace than Solly); got a move to Crystal Palace yet never really worked out for him and doesnt seem to have reached his potential
  • 17 goals in 38 games for Marquis to make TOTY.

Grant had 14 in 28 so i'm confident he'd have got in ahead of him had he stayed. 
  • Who came 2nd and 3rd in out title winning POTS vote?
  • 17 goals in 38 games for Marquis to make TOTY.

Grant had 14 in 28 so i'm confident he'd have got in ahead of him had he stayed. 
    Its harsh on Tom Eaves who has a goal more than Marquis
  • Marquis isn’t even a touch on how good Taylor is, bit of a joke really. How Doncaster have two players in that side is beyond me.
  • edited March 2019
    Can't believe the lack of Eaves/Taylor, even O'Nien at Sunderland, Jon McLaughlin as the keeper (possibly), and in fact the general CAFC/Sunderland under-representation. 

Marquis isn't really deserving of his place in particular.
  • edited March 2019
    Can understand us not having players in there - our season has been all about using the squad so far due to injuries and suspensions. When someone has got a run going they have more often than not then spent a period of times on the sidelines - See Cullen, Bielik, Aribo, Bauer, Pearce, Sarr has not been an ever-present. Steer looked great and then was returned and Philips has done great as a replacement.

Grant left. Taylor has spent a fair bit out with suspension.

Bowyer has done wonderful things with the squad this year given those injuries and suspensions and I we manage promotion he's got to a front runner for manage of the year - I think he is regardless of our finishing position.
  • who cares, rather we went up ;)
  • PaddyP17 said:
    Can't believe the lack of Eaves/Taylor, even O'Nien at Portsmouth, Jon McLaughlin as the keeper (possibly), and in fact the general CAFC/Sunderland under-representation. 

O'Nein is @ Sunderland
  • Sponsored links:

• Congratulations to former Lion John Marquis on his fully deserved place in the League One EFL team of the year.

Ben Thompson would have been the first name on the team sheet had we not recalled him from his loan spell.

• Logically the manager of the year would come from Luton, who've had an amazing season but Jones leaving rather complicates things
  • team of the year (2018?) .. let's hope that come May a few of ours have made 'the final cut'
  • Watched nearly all our games on iFollow this season and I haven’t seen a better centre back than Bauer or a better midfielder than Bielik. Time out with injuries have maybe counted against them in getting in that team, but we usually get relatively overlooked for this kind of stuff too. Perhaps Bowyer can use it for motivating the players for the run in. 
  • Logically the manager of the year would come from Luton, who've had an amazing season but Jones leaving rather complicates things
    I think its even more of a reason to give it to the Luton Caretaker personally, they haven't faltered at all even with Jones leaving
  • The only surprise is that there's no Declan Rice.
  • Tweets and emails calling them a useless bunch of feckwits may have a bearing on the outcome, so I can only apologise to the players! 😜
  • PaddyP17 said:
    Can't believe the lack of Eaves/Taylor, even O'Nien at Portsmouth, Jon McLaughlin as the keeper (possibly), and in fact the general CAFC/Sunderland under-representation. 

O'Nein is @ Sunderland
    Ah of course. Fluffed my lines - was gonna suggest Curtis at Portsmouth then took him out after he shushed us the little prick.
  • PaddyP17 said:
    PaddyP17 said:

O'Nein is @ Sunderland
    Ah of course. Fluffed my lines - was gonna suggest Curtis at Portsmouth then took him out after he shushed us the little prick.
    Doubt he’ll be shushing anyone anytime soon with his finger :joy:
  • Those saying Marquis doesnt deserve it and Taylor should be in there.

Stats say Marquis is better with 18 goals compared to Taylors 14, now we all see Taylor week in week out and no he offers more than just goals, but they will go by stats and for attackers more often its most goals scored.

Although Eaves has 19 so not sure how he misses out haha maybe they didnt want to include someone so close to relegation lol