Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    1600 East India Company founded.
  • Options
    Bowyer won’t be here at the start of next season. Fact. 
  • Options
    Relagation battle next season in either league we’re in. Fact. 
  • Options
    CatAddick said:
    JamesSeed said:
    CatAddick said:
    JamesSeed said:
    CatAddick said:
    Never been itk.  Never likely to be itk.  Don't shoot the messenger.  But...  talking in the pub yesterday before the game with some Luton that my son knows and one asked me about me being happy that the takeover was close.  When I laughed he said that one of his mates was going out with the daughter of a major part of the consortium.  When I said "the Aussies", he said "No they're British, and it's a lot closer than people think" - probably BS and just aimed at getting me to buy him a beer but thought I would share and push the thread to higher heights
    Shoot him!
    Cheers mate, you’ll get the Stare of Disdain every time I go through Clapham
    Thank god I live in Battersea!
    Battersea, Balham, Clapham.  They’re all a bit too SW for me ;-)
    BBC Addicks coming soon! 
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    msomerton said:
    cabbles said:
    https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/772061/Huddersfield-takeover-EXCLUSIVE-Consortium-Dean-Hoyle-asking-price

This is the price being mooted (supposedly) for a well run club who have just spent 2 years in the prem.  This just highlights what a fool Roland really is 
    Its why he probably doesnt care about the Football Club and is happy to sell that part for free

What he probably wants in an ideal situation is the death of Charlton so he can turn the land into property development

£70m for that sort of land in London? - Hence his asking price?
    Why would he waste more than £70 million just to buy the land for property development,he could have bought the club and then closed it. at this point he would not get £70 million for the land as property prices in London are stagnating/falling.
    Not to mention he would likely need to convince politicians to change the land use to housing, which no local politician would dare approve or risk being thrown out of office. As pointed out in the great book "Soccer and Money," the real value of most stadiums in bankruptcy proceedings has historically been "zero." Because it can only be used for football in most cases and cannot be changed over to other uses due to public outrage. Thus it sits there basically without economic value at all when a club is not using it.
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:
    How is that a fact? 
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    Fumbluff said:
    How is that a fact? 
    He had a pint in a pub with a bloke who told him so!
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    Loving those Rostyles

I had a aubergine 1600E. My first car.  Loved it 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Close to 2000 pages now
  • Options
    2000E

• Options
    Valley11 said:
    Fumbluff said:
    How is that a fact? 
    The same bloke told me that Bowyer was staying.
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    msomerton said:
    cabbles said:
    https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/772061/Huddersfield-takeover-EXCLUSIVE-Consortium-Dean-Hoyle-asking-price

This is the price being mooted (supposedly) for a well run club who have just spent 2 years in the prem.  This just highlights what a fool Roland really is 
    Its why he probably doesnt care about the Football Club and is happy to sell that part for free

What he probably wants in an ideal situation is the death of Charlton so he can turn the land into property development

£70m for that sort of land in London? - Hence his asking price?
    Why would he waste more than £70 million just to buy the land for property development,he could have bought the club and then closed it. at this point he would not get £70 million for the land as property prices in London are stagnating/falling.
    Your right it doesnt make sense but this is the worrying thing...

Nothing that Roland has done has made sense - the bloke is as mad as a box of chocolate frogs!!

He's probably so crazy he's happy to waste the money now just to spite us
  • Options
    The land is worthless because it has a football club attached to it that has to use it. The problem for me is mostly that the bloke has shown time and time again that he is mentally unstable. He seems to view these matters in the same way a small child would.

If we don't get promoted we are in real trouble and managers like Bowyer only come around once in a blue moon. If we get promoted, maybe Duchatelet will realise there is another route to get his money back. I would be interested if somebody like Driesen, who he seems to listen to, can see that possibility. A long shot, and given his instability, maybe not likely but possible. I would imagine Arsenal and West Ham would be keen to keep Bielik and Cullen on loan to us in the Championship. Aribo may see the opportunity that is there for him.

• Options
    Addickted said:
    Loving those Rostyles

Wow, that's a beautiful car!
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    Fumbluff said:
    How is that a fact? 
    When I saw Lee Bowyer at a U23 match last month and thank him for all his efforts over the last year, what ever happens now, he said,

"I'm not finished yet" 

I interpreted this to mean he wants a new contract and that we get new owners who understand Cafc and back him with some investment so we not only get to the Championship but have a push for the Premier within the 5 year plan.

Or it could mean he's not finished with football but Charlton are fuc***

• Options
    Valley11 said:
    Fumbluff said:
    How is that a fact? 
    When I saw Lee Bowyer at a U23 match last month and thank him for all his efforts over the last year, what ever happens now, he said,

"I'm not finished yet" 

I interpreted this to mean he wants a new contract and that we get new owners who understand Cafc and back him with some investment so we not only get to the Championship but have a push for the Premier within the 5 year plan.

Or it could mean he's not finished with football but Charlton are fuc***

Or the season wasn't and still isn't over yet.
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    If Duchatelet was not mad he would identify that Bowyer has been like getting a winning lottery ticket. Instead he offers him a contract Bowyer has said he doesn't understand. I would imagine Bowyer would be keen to develop the side further if we get promoted, but he will need a new owner or Duchatelet's support to do that. Bloody hell, he needs a new owner doesn't he? Never was it more important to get Duchatelet out! 
    Indeed......and it’s a contract that would appear to be taking an extraordinarily long time to sort out......wonder who’s stalling and why?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Have it on good authority that if we get promoted Roland will invest to have a go at PL promotion. Driesen is going through the latest FM database currently in preparation FACT
    If we all put everything on here we have been given as “on good authority” you would scarcely believe it.
  • Options
    Have it on good authority that if we get promoted Roland will invest to have a go at PL promotion. Driesen is going through the latest FM database currently in preparation FACT
    Weve had so much Bullshit from Roland, the cows have asked for another field to lay in.
  • Options
    Mal said:
    As I see it, were on a false dawn as fans, yes we want promotion, but, were about to lose half the team come June, and anyone silly enough to think Roland will put his hand in his pocket for next season?, not a chance in my view, if a buyer hasnt shown this summer, I fear for the club.

Spot on. Been posting similar comments for some time now. While we are owned by Roland we are staring into the abyss.
  • Options
    Boycott!!

#notapennymore 
  • Options
    If RD is still the owner at the end of the season I don't blame anyone for leaving - players or management staff. They deserve better.
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Boycott!!

#notapennymore 
    More chance of him opening the batting again for England at nearly 79 than Roland selling up  :(
  • Options
    If RD is still the owner at the end of the season I don't blame anyone for leaving - players or management staff. They deserve better.
    Or fans ?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!