Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

McLeish - resigns

Scotland: Alex McLeish exits as head coach after poor start to Euro 2020 qualifying https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47767790

Comments

• never a resignation, they've given him "mutual consent" because he's getting paid up to walk away and not talk about what a fucking state the SFA is 
  • I'd heard he's quite ill, don't know how true that is, but he didn't look good when i saw him on tv recently.
  • never a resignation, they've given him "mutual consent" because he's getting paid up to walk away and not talk about what a fucking state Scotland is 
    Very insightful mate 

;-)
  • never a resignation, they've given him "mutual consent" because he's getting paid up to walk away and not talk about what a fucking state the SFA is 
    It’s not that bad. A 2-0 over San Marino is real progress. 
  • edited April 2019
    If it’s a step up he’s looking for, Auld Jock Haggis Kilt McDonald High School for Bairns in Glasgow is looking for a caretaker.
  • Would David Moyes see it as a opportunity to get back into football
  • Sunderland guy is high on their list.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited April 2019
    He's weighing up the Scotch job, or Asda delivery driver
    Surely his only real way back into Football?
    Surely his only real way back into Football?
    Fleet Badgers are looking for a sponge man
  • In all seriousness I do wonder why Scotland cannot produce hardly any top class players anymore .
    When I was a kid pretty much every top club in England had several Scottish players.
    Leeds for instance had
    Billy Bremner
    Joe jordan 
    Eddy Grey 
    Peter lorimer 
    Plus plenty more.
    Spurs had the likes of Dave McKay 
    Alan Gilzean etc.
    Liverpool,Man Utd,Arsenal and all the other top clubs had at least a couple of Scottish players.
    Nowadays apart from three or four players the premier league is almost empty of top Scottish footballers.
    Being Scotland manager today is probably harder than ever with the lack of quality to pick from.
  • Could say the same about Northern Ireland though; only Craig Cathcart and Jonny Evans are playing in the Premier League

A lot of their squad are made up from the Football League but they've got so much more about them than Scotland do
  • Sunderland guy is high on their list.
    I would imagine anyone with a pulse is high on their list. 
  • Could say the same about Northern Ireland though; only Craig Cathcart and Jonny Evans are playing in the Premier League

A lot of their squad are made up from the Football League but they've got so much more about them than Scotland do
    And Wales 
  • As a Scottish person who has been disconnected from the national side for some years I can honestly say it doesn’t matter who they put in charge it will still be a shitshow. There were a number of players in the last squad who I had genuinely never heard of. There are a few genuine talents like Fraser, Forrest and Tierney (who is overrated btw IMHO) but they are few and far between.  Utter shambles unfortunately and the Tartan Army is slowly diminishing through increasing disinterest. They need to find a young manager with fresh ideas who will pick the kids and leave him well alone (Think Southgate and how the FA are treating him). Only problem is Southgate has got a wealth of genuine talent to pick from. Sad times. McLeish was a busted flush who should never have got the job again in the first place so he won’t be missed. Who’s next?  God only knows. 
  • Sponsored links:

• As a Scottish person who has been disconnected from the national side for some years I can honestly say it doesn’t matter who they put in charge it will still be a shitshow. There were a number of players in the last squad who I had genuinely never heard of. There are a few genuine talents like Fraser, Forrest and Tierney (who is overrated btw IMHO) but they are few and far between.  Utter shambles unfortunately and the Tartan Army is slowly diminishing through increasing disinterest. They need to find a young manager with fresh ideas who will pick the kids and leave him well alone (Think Southgate and how the FA are treating him). Only problem is Southgate has got a wealth of genuine talent to pick from. Sad times. McLeish was a busted flush who should never have got the job again in the first place so he won’t be missed. Who’s next?  God only knows. 
    100% this.  yet, already, the likes of Strachan being linked with the job.  Farcical 

the problem Scotland have at the moment is players constantly pulling out of squads. AM used 46 different players in his year in charge, largely due to squad withdrawals.

whoever takes over should get Brian Gunn on the coaching staff so he can convince Angus Gunn that he should be Scotlands No1 for the next 10+ years

the problem Scotland have at the moment is players constantly pulling out of squads. AM used 46 different players in his year in charge, largely due to squad withdrawals.

whoever takes over should get Brian Gunn on the coaching staff so he can convince Angus Gunn that he should be Scotlands No1 for the next 10+ years
    They'll probably give it to Bryan Gunn after his sole Management performance with Norwich!!
  • Coming back to aid with the takeover.

They can take our players, but they will never take our freedom.
  • Shame he’s a gone. Seemed to be doing a terrible job (albeit in fairly ominous circumstances) which I was enjoying. 
  • I'd heard he's quite ill, don't know how true that is, but he didn't look good when i saw him on tv recently.
    Parkinsons
  • I feel terrible for him if that is the case, pretty successful manager and comes across as a decent bloke
  • edited April 2019
    Carter said:
    I feel terrible for him if that is the case, pretty successful manager and comes across as a decent bloke
    Yes, but was happy to be at Hibs til the Gers wanted him. Time will tell if my intel is correct