Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Yassin to leave?

edited November 2008 in General Charlton
Was meeting a few people at the ground early today, we saw Yassin Moutaouakil. He didn't look happy.

He told us 'It is the end for me', 'Parky does not like me.'.

He was doing quite well in his first proper run in the team, Cranie makes mistakes himself.

Bit frustrated that we could lose a potential Premier League player, and even if Cranie's loan is extended, he won't be here next season.

Just glad that Parkinson likes Racon and Semedo. We're going to lose a few players, but I'd like to keep the three of them, all decent players now and have potential to improve.

Comments

• Imagine one or two will go in the January window to raise funds for other signings. Hope Yassin isn't one of them as he is by far a better player than Cranie. Baffled as to what both Pardew and Parky see in Cranie, to me he's a poor mans Jamie Stuart. Moo2 might not make it with Charlton but given the calibre of clubs after him when we signed him, he'll surely make it somewhere else. Our loss will be someone elses gain.
  • Cranie isn't that bad. Thing with him nothing stands out about his game, and he's not the most aggressive or brave player which is an easy way for a player to get the fans on his side.

Do agree, if Yassin goes he'll do well for someone else.
  • I've wanted Cranie shot recently but i thought he was ok today, although i think that could in part be to do with the return of Fortune, who i thought did exactly what we needed today and was a steady centre back.
  • it will be a big mistake to let Yassin Moutaouakil go.
  • he is only one of the few players that play well all season
  • Agree. Would look ok in this team we have now.
  • It would be a big mistake to let him go IMO, I think he is by far the best right back we have and unlike Cranie he offers an attacking option down the right, and is almost certainly a potential PL player!!!
  • Don't want Moo2 to go but he doesn't seem popular with the lads either. Things like, he needs time to play the english way, (what's that?) he runs out of position etc. I rate him a lot but he's never joined in on the social side - he's a Muslim so doesn't do drink and clubs. He's being frozen out IMO and for no good reason, don't like it.
  • if he goes, so charlton.... (to league 1)
  • Yassin :(

Really think he has been treated shockingly since he has been here.

Mills/Halford/Cranie all brought in ahead of him. Most of our impressive performances in the past year have come when he was playing on the right bombing down the touchline (Reading/Blackpool/Stoke)

Defensively he is somewhat prone to make the odd mistake, but who in this team doesn't?

And that's not helped by the fact everytime he is given a run in the team it's when we're in a bad run, when everyone is lacking in confidence.
  • Sponsored links:

• We have one right back at the club, we will not sell him.
  • Fair play to Yassin for not throwing his toys out of the pram, because he has been treated badly and deserves to be playing every week. There's a lot of players who would've stuck two fingers up by now and said 'im off'.
  • Don't forget Primus and Crainie leave in December
  • edited November 2008
    [cite]Posted By: yung2368[/cite]if he goes, so charlton.... (to league 1)

jesus christ mate, your making me laugh..... give it a rest....
  • Can't say that Moo2 has covered himself in glory. Quite a few dodgy performances defending. Yeah he looks good going forward with his pace but he, like plenty of others, have made mistakes at the back.

Would like to see him stay but don't agree that he has been one of our best players, not by a long shot.
  • [cite]Posted By: Maglor[/cite]Don't forget Primus and Crainie leave in December

Cranie's loan is longer than Primus's is it not?
  • Dont rate him defensivly at all never have i have said it many times on here before
  • [cite]Posted By: yung2368[/cite]if he goes, so charlton.... (to league 1)

Yawn.

Spanner Alert
  • Agree he has made errors, but would that not have improved of he's been allowed to play regularly, and haven't they all made loads of errors? He still always looked threatening to me. Dunno, maybe the inside word was right.
  • [cite]Posted By: yung2368[/cite]it will be a big mistake to let Yassin Moutaouakil go.

2368...is that fried rice with prawn balls yung?
  • Sponsored links:

• overrated like most players who have appeared in a charlton shirt in the last couple of seasons we all get excited/blinkered straight away and try and big em up but unfortunately most of our recent acquisitions are no good or are severely under performing hence our position in the league table
  • Moo2 simply cannot do his primary job - defend.
    Everyone gets excited by his attacking prowess, but he's been exposed on too many occasions at the back and made some costly errors
  • Primus' loan ends after Derby fixture 15 Dec.
    Waghorn has month's loan, expiring about the same time - but with option to extend.

Crainie is a season long loan but can be recalled in January.
    Same as Bouazza.

Gillespie has 2 months loan, option to be recalled after 28 days.

McEverley 3 month loan.

Burton loan until January, option to sign on a free transfer.
  • I think Moo2 would be a better right-sided midfield player. After all, that's where he spends most of the time during the matches that he plays in. Certainly ain't a great RB, IMHO.
  • [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]Cranie isn't that bad. Thing with him nothing stands out about his game, and he's not the most aggressive or brave player which is an easy way for a player to get the fans on his side.

Do agree, if Yassin goes he'll do well for someone else.

I wish we could keep this player's with blatant talent and effort!
  • Moo2 was full of enthusiasm and confidence when he first signed.

Got clobbered at Stoke in his 2nd game and has never quite hit the same heights since - although some very effective home performances but looked a bit on the weak side away from home, when he's needed to defend under pressure.

Strengths - often extremely effective coming forward, good link up play and decent crossing ability.
    Weaknesses - positionally inconsistant and not strong in the air, anxious under pressure when defending leading to error.

Verdict:
    effective turning defence into attack, if only he could defend consistantly.
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Can't say that Moo2 has covered himself in glory. Quite a few dodgy performances defending. Yeah he looks good going forward with his pace but he, like plenty of others, have made mistakes at the back.

Would like to see him stay but don't agree that he has been one of our best players, not by a long shot.

Agree with you there H.His style of play has been one of the reasons we've been letting so many goals in this season.Learn to defend first then think about getting forward i say.
  • I think he should give up being a full back and start to play as a winger, I rate him going forward!
  • [cite]Posted By: SaySomething[/cite]Moo2 simply cannot do his primary job - defend.
    Everyone gets excited by his attacking prowess, but he's been exposed on too many occasions at the back and made some costly errors

Precisely. A defender must be able, primarily to defend.

You wouldn't play Hudson as centre forward because he's good at defending ffs.
  • edited November 2008
    If we have to leave out 2 loan players I would leave out Crainie.

Primus
    Gillespie
    Bouazza
    Waghorn
    Mcelvey

Burton will replace Gray when he leaves in January