Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Erhun Oztumer (pg.24 on loan to Bristol Rovers)

Comments

• We cannot play 4-2-3-1 with Taylor upfront because he is rarely there.
    Well spotted HG.
    I wonder at times if our fans watch the games. Taylor is a wide man and a striker.
    That what it said on the tin when we signed him and that's how we get the best out of him.
    We need to bring two strikers in to replace Ajosie and Igor. Big question mark  if Oztumer signed as we don't know if he is a championship player. JFC also had to prove he can play in the Championship. 
  • We cannot play 4-2-3-1 with Taylor upfront because he is rarely there.
    Well spotted HG.
    I wonder at times if our fans watch the games. Taylor is a wide man and a striker.
    That what it said on the tin when we signed him and that's how we get the best out of him.
    We need to bring two strikers in to replace Ajosie and Igor. Big question mark  if Oztumer signed as we don't know if he is a championship player. JFC also had to prove he can play in the Championship. 
    Isn’t Taylor moving wide is partly down to our formation and what Bowyer wants from him?We don’t have wingers so our width comes from our full backs supported by either a midfielder or striker drifting out wide.

If Bowyer needed Taylor to stay more central and high up the pitch m I’m sure he could adapt, though it wouldn’t necessarily get the best out of him.
  • Same height as Insigne of Napoli, is he a similar player?
  • SamB09 said:
    Same height as Insigne of Napoli, is he a similar player?
    Oztumer is all action, effort and is always buzzing around. He gets in the box and can finish (even headers).

He's also good with dead balls. 
  • Simonsen said:
    SamB09 said:
    Oztumer is all action, effort and is always buzzing around. He gets in the box and can finish (even headers).

Would be nice to have a corner taker that can consistently get it into a dangerous area
  • Simonsen said:
    SamB09 said:

Would be nice to have a corner taker that can consistently get it into a dangerous area
    Highest scorers from corners in league one last year, so I'd suggest that's not one of our major concerns
  • edited June 2019
  • Riviera said:
    Call me what you want. Male chauvinist, dinosaur or whatever, I don't care, but this makes me feel very uncomfortable 

I never knew we were signing her.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2019
    sam3110 said:
    Simonsen said:
    SamB09 said:

Highest scorers from corners in league one last year, so I'd suggest that's not one of our major concerns
    Surprised at that and probably shows more how bad the rest of the league are at crossing and defending crosses rather than how good we are imo. Be amazed if we are anywhere near the top of the charts for that next season, especially with Cullen gone 
  • sam3110 said:
    Simonsen said:
    SamB09 said:

I may be wrong (usually am), but I thought Cullen took most of the corners and he will probably not be here next season
  • edited June 2019
    And Reeves (arguably better corner taken imo) and neither will he be here.
  • Personally thought Cullen was the best set piece taker we’ve had for quite a while. Also, we demonstrated a wide range of “training ground” set piece routines. We’re a big side too. I’m not at all surprised to hear we were one of the best scorers from set pieces.
  • And Reeves (arguably better corner taken imo) and neither will he be here.
    Good point.  Forster-Caskey took all our corners and attacking free kicks in the season before last - and they became predictable, when not misplaced.  With Cullen the accuracy of our corners improved markedly.  We don't want to regress on that front.  Remember Danny Green, and his corners that would sail straight out of play!
  • Danny Green tried to score direct from every corner he took for us. Surprised he was allowed to waste so many.
  • edited June 2019
    C_A_F_C said:
    We had a number of former youth players returning during the Powell years (Green, Haynes and Wilson), not had any others since?
    Albie Morgan?
    He never left?
    Yes he did... Left the Academy and went to play Sunday League for a while

Got re-signed to the Academy after impressing in a trial
    Cheers, I didn't know that.
  • Riviera said:
    Call me what you want. Male chauvinist, dinosaur or whatever, I don't care, but this makes me feel very uncomfortable 

I never knew we were signing her.
    She Could do a job against Millwall
  • Really hope Oztumer signs. Great attitude, skill and goals from midfield. 
  • Seems like this is a go’er. Fully anticipate him to be our player, so long as Bow and the staff get their contracts sorted.
  • Sponsored links:

• My god. Josh Parker does score the occasional goal. I noticed Tom Eave does like scoring against is regularly when at Gillingham. Thank god he was injured when they played against us at the Valley.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42475515

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41209861

Notice he is a scouser so can't see any northern teams in the Championship who may want him as they would have better players already. 
  • Would love it if we got him, best player I’ve ever seen at non league level. Very similar player to Williams imo, but shorter.
  • So now we know where he is ,back at Bolton 
  • If they haven't been paid for FIVE MONTHS, how exactly can the administrators refuse to accept their resignation?

Yes they will have a contract, but it's surely rendered worthless by the non-payment of wages?