Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Who is your preferred number one now we have signed Amos?

Plenty of debate on the other thread, but thought we would do a poll on who you would have start at number one now we have Philips and Amos

Who is your preferred number one now we have signed Amos? 424 votes

Philips
83%
LoOkOuTAFKABartram_MrDick1905LargeAddickmascot88Elthamaddickhenrythecatpickwicklancashire ladHenry IrvingCharltonparklaneKBslittlesiscfgsT_C_ErazilSolidgoneCafcWestaddick1965bc_addick 352 votes
Amos
16%
LenGloverellisaddickoohaahmortimerroseandcrowncafcmarkNo.1 in South LondonHovi's BiscuitNugCHGdmjnJaybinhocharente addickRichard JValiantphilDPFCcafc4lifeJobbersBolderhumphreyreidNorthern_Monkeyda18 72 votes

Comments

• Philips
    I'm going for Philips.  Although I rate Amos, I think to have Philips step back down now would be a big mistake after how well he's developed.  For me it should be Philip's starting at number one going into the new season 
  • Philips
    Start with Phillips
  • Philips
    At the moment Philips deserves it
  • Philips
    Phillips has the shirt.
  • Philips
    As far as I’m concerned, Dillon is the incumbent and it’s up to Amos to oust him 
  • Philips
    Amos was terrible in the Championship for Millwall last season.
  • Philips
    PopIcon said:
    Amos was terrible in the Championship for Millwall last season.
    That is my big worry - obviously prone to a dip in form. Hopefully this was a blip.
  • edited July 2019
    Philips
    Philips.  Can anyone remember a singe mistake he's made that's led to a goal in an important game?

Wasn't as much of a fan of Amos as many on here anyway and he's not had a good year with the Spanners.
  • Philips
    Very concerned that people are assuming that Roland would be happy only to have one of these playing and not both. 
  • Philips
    Not even close. Amos did well season before last but you could argue Phillips did just as well in a team that achieved more.
  • Sponsored links:

• Philips
    He's worked with the defence all of last season and they've built a rapport (Naby's no-look back pass to one side). It has to be Phillips, with Amos - who's clearly a good mate of them all - challenging.
  • Philips
    Phillips should keep his place for now, it’s his to lose.
  • Philips
    Follow the same approach as last season

Its Phillips shirt to lose with Amos coming in when or if its clear that Dillon cant handle the Championship
  • Philips
    Start the season. Pick on form as goes on 
  • Philips
    Amos for me . Definitely the better keeper but it’s Phillips shirt at the moment .
    Amos had a poor season at Millwall last season so Dillon is the keeper in form. Can Ben get back to his best?
  • Philips
    Phillips for me! Deserves this chance
  • Philips
    Phillips ; but Amos was superb for us
  • Amos
    Amos for me.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2019
    Philips
    You would undermine team ethic by dropping Phillips. Shirt is his to lose. He will rise to the challenge.
  • edited July 2019
    Philips
    Definitely Phillips spot to lose, if Amos can earn it then good for him, competition is rarely a bad thing. 
  • Philips
    Dillon deserves to start the season with the jersey until such time as he doesn't deserve it
  • Philips
    Philips starts as he had a great season bar one cock up. Both Loris and de Gea dropped more clangers.
    Amos superb for Cafc last time round and they can push each other.

Coach Marshall, Phillips and Amos look like a decent trio in Championship.
  • Amos
    Definitely Philips to start season with and take it from there 
    but imo it’ll be Amos’s come the end of the season (if neither have injuries ) 
  • Philips
    If it isn't broken don't fix it.
  • Amos
    Amos. I think he is the best keeper we had since the Premier League. 

Last year he got injured and Martin stacked his claim and Amos couldn't get his place back. 
  • edited July 2019
    Philips
    Philips - it's his to lose !
  • Philips
    Phillips cos he knows how to deal with back passes!
  • Philips

Gone for Phillips as last season he showed vast improvement .. BUT the Wembley fuck up showed that he still has a stupid error or two waiting to come out ((:>) .. for me, goalkeeper is THE most important position in the team .. it's also a VERY unforgiving one where errors generally stand out like a sore thumb and can be very costly .. but all keepers know the old adage, 'if you can't take the heat, keep out the kitchen'