Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Who is your preferred number one now we have signed Amos?

Comments

• Philips
    LenGlover said:
    Phillips

It's his shirt to lose.

EDIT: @cabbles I voted Phillips yet for some reason I'm coming up as Amos!
    I’ll get inbborg to look into it ;-) 
  • Philips
    LenGlover said:
    Phillips

It's his shirt to lose.

EDIT: @cabbles I voted Phillips yet for some reason I'm coming up as Amos!
    Russia did it
  • Amos
    Went Amos

Don't think Bowyer will pick on reputation/wages/sentiment who ever is training the best will play at Blackburn IMO.

Goalkeepers stepping up isn't the same as outfield players, you need a diffrent skill set the higher you go.  In my opinion Amos is more suited to the championship but time, as ever, will tell. 
  • Philips
    Phillips has it now. Amos will challenge.
    Both keepers will have to be on their game.
    That has to be a good thing.
  • Amos
    No emotion...has to be Amos
  • Philips
    NM18 said:
    No emotion...has to be Amos
    Even with no emotion Phillips has to start the season. He was excellent last season while Amos did very little. 
  • Amos
    Heart said Phillips, but I went Amos. I think right now he's the better keeper and I don't think we can take the risk that Phillips will make the step up, straight out of the doors we need strong characters out there.

Bowyer will decide between now and Blackburn and it won't be on sentiment, the best man will win, whoever that may be.
  • Philips

Gone for Phillips as last season he showed vast improvement .. BUT the Wembley fuck up showed that he still has a stupid error or two waiting to come out ((:>) .. for me, goalkeeper is THE most important position in the team .. it's also a VERY unforgiving one where errors generally stand out like a sore thumb and can be very costly .. but all keepers know the old adage, 'if you can't take the heat, keep out the kitchen'
    To be fair, although he knew Naby is a bit random he probably expected him to resist the desire to have sneaky shot...
  • Philips
    Philip's! I think Amos deserver the shirt when he was here before but Philip's earned number one with the majority of his second half (season) performances.  But Amos will be there to put pressure in him if he slips up, however that does not mean one slip up and he is out.  Philip's might want a word with Nabby about slightly softer back passes:-)
  • Has to be Phillips,one year contract for Amos says enough...
  • Sponsored links:

• Philips
    Went for Dillon, but only because with the way he played last season he deserves the chance to show he's good enough play in the Championship

I think he's an important part of the dressing room too, a big "character" so it might affect team spirit if he was dropped without being given a chance.
  • Amos
    Has to be Phillips,one year contract for Amos says enough...
    Option for another 12 months though.
  • Phillips is our number one . End of .
  • Philips
    Phillips - you gotta twist n shout.
  • Philips
    Dillon fought hard to win his place and did more than well enough to keep it. It’s his to lose now. 
  • Philips
    Phillips 

Got to start with him. 
    He’s earned the right. 
  • Philips
    I like Amos but...Dilly dilly! 
  • Philips
    Deffo Phillips, Amos can't even sing!
  • Amos
    Amos is a better keeper, much better distribution than Phillips. I do like him tho but Amos is one of the better keepers I've seen in the Roland era
  • edited July 2019
    Philips
    Dillon's to lose but if Amos had been on the bench home to Doncaster, he'd have played at Wembley.
  • Sponsored links:

• cabbles said:
    Plenty of debate on the other thread, but thought we would do a poll on who you would have start at number one now we have Philips and Amos
    Number 1. Snigger.
  • Mr Wilkes 
  • Philips
    Philips
    He’s earned the right. 
  • Philips
    Based purely on last season, Philips is in the better form. A lot can change over the summer but short of injury I have to say Philips is first choice though whether he'll end the season between the posts is another matter entirely.
  • Amos
    But no back passes!
  • Amos
    This whole ‘earning the right’ from last season is irrelavant to an extent. I’m not interested in sentimentality as we have a massive battle on to even stay in this division. There will also be a battle for the keepers jersey and for me it has to be judged on training and pre season as that’s the starting point. 

I have a feeling based on what he sees in training Amos may sneak the surprise nod from LB
  • Philips
    This whole ‘earning the right’ from last season is irrelavant to an extent. I’m not interested in sentimentality as we have a massive battle on to even stay in this division. There will also be a battle for the keepers jersey and for me it has to be judged on training and pre season as that’s the starting point. 

I have a feeling based on what he sees in training Amos may sneak the surprise nod from LB
     It's not being sentimental, it's a fact he saved us many vital points last season and therefore deserves his chance. If after 5 games he's struggling bring in Amos.

Phillips is our no.1 right now on merit.
  • Philips
    I don’t think there is much of a difference between the two on ability but Phillips seems to add extra to the camaraderie on and off the pitch. 
  • Philips

Amos was great for us but had a poor season by his standards last time. Dillon finished the season in good form and his one major error he bounced back from in the same match. Based purely on their respective form he is right now the better of the two.
  • Amos
    If we are basing it off both of their full seasons with us then it's deffo Amos, Amos looked better coming off his line, better shot stopper, better commander, better kicks, better throws and he was a good penalty saver, plus the save against Shrewsbury although in vain was world class. It would however feel harsh if Phillips after his Wembley come back and in general consistent performances with us was to be dropped straight away

Head says Amos, heart says Phillips cause he feels more Charlton if that makes sense. 

Start with Phillips and if he can't handle the pressure at least we know we have a very decent back up plan