Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Erhun Oztumer (pg.24 on loan to Bristol Rovers)

Comments

• What an absolute shit show
  • edited July 2019
    What an absolute shit show
    At least a Roland pays the bills.  The problem is he mistakenly thinks he’s going to get all his money back!
  • edited July 2019
    If they haven't been paid for FIVE MONTHS, how exactly can the administrators refuse to accept their resignation?

Yes they will have a contract, but it's surely rendered worthless by the non-payment of wages?
    PWR all the thread but isn’t not paying somebody who works for you and not allowing them to leave slavery ? Notwithstanding the stance by the administrators, can the EFL and any club that plays them end up in court because of the Modern Slavery Act ? In fact, if Charlton did settle with Bolton’s Administrators would Charlton then be in trouble with the law ?
  • Nothing like modern slavery.

The players are preferred football creditors and will be paid in full, unlike other non-football staff and creditors if the club is bought out of administration.

The administrators have to protect the assets of the club and that includes these two player's registrations.

The players want out, quite rightly. I thought they were entitled to leave but the PFA are there to support them.

Chaos for Bolton, opportunity for Charlton and other clubs.

• Surely they would only be paid in full if Bolton still has some assets to sell, unless those assets are potential transfer fees for players they haven’t paid for 5 months ?

the administrators probably can’t issue season tickets or even match tickets to generate some revenue because it’s likely the players would go on strike and there would be no game.

• The players are preferred football creditors and will be paid in full, unlike other non-football staff and creditors, if the club is bought out of administration.
  • Nothing like modern slavery.

The players are preferred football creditors and will be paid in full, unlike other non-football staff and creditors if the club is bought out of administration.

The administrators have to protect the assets of the club and that includes these two player's registrations.

The players want out, quite rightly. I thought they were entitled to leave but the PFA are there to support them.

I understand all that HI but if they jump ship through non-payment are they still listed as preferred football creditors?  As in by leaving do they lose the guarantee of full repayment and if so that actually also helps the administrators clear some debt.
  • All of a sudden Roland seems like a breath of fresh air.  *Ducks for cover*
  • Sponsored links:

• All of a sudden Roland seems like a breath of fresh air.  *Ducks for cover*
    WTF!!!
  • cfgs said:
    Nothing like modern slavery.

I understand all that HI but if they jump ship through non-payment are they still listed as preferred football creditors?  As in by leaving do they lose the guarantee of full repayment and if so that actually also helps the administrators clear some debt.
    I don't know ( @bobmonro might know) but I would have thought that past wages would be due regardless.

My guess is that the club is worth more as a going concern with a squad so the administrators will want to keep senior players if they can or at least get a fee.
  • Key point is that there are two separate elements in play here.

The players contracts of employment and their registration as professional footballers.
  • Key point is that there are two separate elements in play here.

The players contracts of employment and their registration as professional footballers.
    Which must be a concern to the EFL and FA if they are responsible for players who it’s said haven’t been paid for 5 months not being able to walk away
  • Scoham said:
    SDAddick said:
    Would happily take them both. Would love to see Big Josh up front with Taylor and some combination of Aneke/Williams/Oztumer buzzing behind. 
    I wouldn’t want Magennis back. Useful player in League 1, but he’s not a goalscorer and the rest of his game doesn’t make up for that enough for me.

I’m sure we’ll sign at least one more striker and I can see Bowyer/Gallen finding someone better than Magennis.
    Josh parker 🙄😂
  • How come this guy was allowed to cancel his Bolton contract?

https://www.boltonwanderers.news/news/pawel-olkowski-bids-farewell-to-bolton-wanderers/
    He's not signed for anyone, I doubt terminating the contract is a problem, transferring his registration might be though.

It'll be interesting to see how this turns out, as it would be utter madness for Bolton to be able to not pay them and keep their registrations.
  • CAFCDAZ said:
    Scoham said:
    SDAddick said:
    Would happily take them both. Would love to see Big Josh up front with Taylor and some combination of Aneke/Williams/Oztumer buzzing behind. 
    I wouldn’t want Magennis back. Useful player in League 1, but he’s not a goalscorer and the rest of his game doesn’t make up for that enough for me.

I’m sure we’ll sign at least one more striker and I can see Bowyer/Gallen finding someone better than Magennis.
    Josh parker 🙄😂
    Signed at the last minute on deadline day in the January window as a last resort.
  • Sponsored links:

• RD is an awful owner but at least he's solvent. As much as it pains me to say there are even worse owners out there.
    Aye, long been a proponent of this. It doesn't make him a good owner, but the club has not gone under during his tenure. It definitely could be worse. Again, not to get complacent, and he has done some awful damages to the club, but yeah.

Sage said:
    Bolton, like Bury, are examples of how things can go so very, very wrong. Football is ruined because of the money and imbalance in the game. How can clubs be spending over £100mil without a second thought and you have other clubs who just can’t pay the bills or wages of staff and players, or who don’t even have enough players to field a team.

Something has to change otherwise we are going to end up losing clubs completely on a frequent basis and it impacts so many people, it’s so wrong.

Football business is strange, the biggest creditors are probably the players, but they’re also one of their biggest assets.
    I feel like I bang this drum a lot, but it all begs the question: who would buy a football club? Why? Especially one in the second tier operating at a substantial loss? I am perpetually perplexed by this. I hope we get someone in who has a full understanding of the investment required to recoup spending. But how many clubs run at break even below the Prem? 
  • Scoham said:
    SDAddick said:

Was going to argue that he was always a streaky goal scorer, then looked at his record for Bolton. Yikes.

As a fourth striker, counting Aneke as a 10 (which he probably wouldn't be if we were to bring in Otzumer, along with Williams), think we could do worse than Magennis. But we could probably do better as well. Having Taylor, Magennis, Bonne, and Aneke as our four center forwards...there's certainly potential there. But none of them have scored at Championship level. And in the cases of Bonne, Magennis, and Aneke they haven't even scored regularly at League One level (even if Aneke has had injury problems and played more as a 10 at that level). 

I do think Magennis in a front two in a Bowyer team would be better than what we saw with his two years here. But yeah, could do better. Again, it comes down to budget, and I suspect the loan market. 
  • SDAddick said:
    Scoham said:
    SDAddick said:

Was going to argue that he was always a streaky goal scorer, then looked at his record for Bolton. Yikes.

As a fourth striker, counting Aneke as a 10 (which he probably wouldn't be if we were to bring in Otzumer, along with Williams), think we could do worse than Magennis. But we could probably do better as well. Having Taylor, Magennis, Bonne, and Aneke as our four center forwards...there's certainly potential there. But none of them have scored at Championship level. And in the cases of Bonne, Magennis, and Aneke they haven't even scored regularly at League One level (even if Aneke has had injury problems and played more as a 10 at that level). 

I do think Magennis in a front two in a Bowyer team would be better than what we saw with his two years here. But yeah, could do better. Again, it comes down to budget, and I suspect the loan market. 
    I agree he’d do better in a Bowyer team, but then he wouldn’t get in a Bowyer team. Bowyer saw him miss chances in the play-off games v Shrewsbury and knew he needed better so brought in Taylor.

Had Bowyer rated Magennis I’m not sure we’d have sold him.
  • RC_CAFC said:
    Possibly not the right channel for it. But I think the most frustrating thing about Roland is what a marvellous opportunity he has thrown away. If he’d run us vaguely sensibly with the academy we have and some of the wonderful people and coaches. He could have got this club challenging, at the very least, for the prem. You look at what Lee and Steve Gallen have done with no money, it just needs common sense and a sensible investment. Doesn’t need all the silly money other clubs have thrown at it and failed such as Bolton or Sunderland. 
    With a bit of investment we'd be doing well - it's almost like RD wants to guarantee a loss. Penny pinching at its worse.
  • Scoham said:
    SDAddick said:
    Scoham said:
    SDAddick said:

I agree he’d do better in a Bowyer team, but then he wouldn’t get in a Bowyer team. Bowyer saw him miss chances in the play-off games v Shrewsbury and knew he needed better so brought in Taylor.

Had Bowyer rated Magennis I’m not sure we’d have sold him.
    Maybe. But I think it's just as likely that Bowyer knew Magennis had offers from the Championship and knew he'd be off. I vaguely recall him saying as much.

It is true that he did not regularly get in a Bowyer team. To just judge him on the playoffs though would be slightly harsh, as we lacked any sort of coherent ideas going forward and at home resorted to lumping the ball up to Mag and Ajose. It's hard to find anyone who played well over those two legs (apart from maybe Konsa). 

Again, I think we could do worse, but I think we could do better. A lot of it comes down to budget and who is available on loan. Big Josh would be more of a known quantity, but with Aneke and Taylor, plus the ability to go to a front three with Williams and potentially Oztumer or Harriott, perhaps we can take a gamble on youth in that third/fourth striker role. A lot comes down to how reliable Bowyer et al think Bonne is going to be this year. He's looked alright in pre-season, but so far nothing too special. That's not to write him off, he's just making a big jump up (as is Aneke, though he has played in L1 and I believe the Championship before) and it's a question of how ready he is to adjust. 
  • I would rather take a gamble on a pacy young striker with something to prove than bring back mcguiness. 
    Thing is I think an old head that knows this level would be useful as our current three forwards have hardly played at this level, not saying we should bring back Josh though.
  • I wouldn’t want anyone or anything to do with Bolton.  It’s like picking over a corpse.