Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Erhun Oztumer (pg.24 on loan to Bristol Rovers)

Comments

• I wouldn’t want anyone or anything to do with Bolton.  It’s like picking over a corpse.
    Better release Amos then 😉
  • I wouldn’t want anyone or anything to do with Bolton.  It’s like picking over a corpse.
    Dog eat dog world mate. 
  • Scoham said:
    I wouldn’t want anyone or anything to do with Bolton.  It’s like picking over a corpse.
    Big difference . Amos was out of contract. 
  • Richard J said:
    Scoham said:
    I wouldn’t want anyone or anything to do with Bolton.  It’s like picking over a corpse.
    So might be Otzumer and Magennis
  • Richard J said:
    Scoham said:
    I understand that. As squad fillers I would welcome them although I think we could do better than Magennis at this level. 

Just in terms of sentiment it feels different. It was salaries like Amos's 18k per week which has brought them to where they are now.

@Covered End that they have previously exploited our situation. 
  • When it comes to Mcguiness. 
    No just no.
  • We are going to find scoring goals a lot harder in the championship than we did in league one. 
    Any striker we bring in must be able to score his fair share to take the pressure of Lyle. 
    Mcguiness is not that man.
  • Sponsored links:

• 3_1 Gills waltzed through. This has been crap
  • Taylor has yet to score in pre season. Not that it's a real concern but it shows we can't rely on Taylor to fire us to safety we need a striker with Championship experience and pedigree who knows where the back of the net is. No more lower league punts.
  • Taylor has yet to score in pre season. Not that it's a real concern but it shows we can't rely on Taylor to fire us to safety we need a striker with Championship experience and pedigree who knows where the back of the net is. No more lower league punts.
    It doesn't show us that at all. Every year I swear people go way overboard during pre season. 
  • Taylor only scored against Welling and Dulwich last pre-season
  • Talal said:
    Taylor has yet to score in pre season. Not that it's a real concern but it shows we can't rely on Taylor to fire us to safety we need a striker with Championship experience and pedigree who knows where the back of the net is. No more lower league punts.
    It doesn't show us that at all. Every year I swear people go way overboard during pre season. 
    Hardly going overboard to point out at the moment we don't have a striker with Championship experience - which yes includes Taylor.

Just making the point I would like to see us sign a striker in the mould of an experienced Championship player, like Baldock for instance rather than a punt on a Premier League youngster though I can appreciate finances can dictate.
  • Talal said:
    Taylor has yet to score in pre season. Not that it's a real concern but it shows we can't rely on Taylor to fire us to safety we need a striker with Championship experience and pedigree who knows where the back of the net is. No more lower league punts.
    Hardly going overboard to point out at the moment we don't have a striker with Championship experience - which yes includes Taylor.

Just making the point I would like to see us sign a striker in the mould of an experienced Championship player, like Baldock for instance rather than a punt on a Premier League youngster though I can appreciate finances can dictate.
    That’s the gamble you take. Baldock might be past his best. If there’s a very promising young striker available it might be worth taking a chance on them being a 20 goal striker, than someone like Baldock getting 10.

Must be some other exciting young strikers out there other than Nketiah.
  • Sorry posted as goal went in and thought I was still on match thread. That's why we need Oztumer!
  • edited July 2019
    Sorry posted as goal went in and thought I was still on match thread. That's why we need Oztumer!
    No worries @BartramBlitz mate your updates during the match were most appreciated. I know you weren't happy with that performance today but I presume the reorganisation of the defence and formation after 10 mins when Page went off was critical not to mention an individual error by Lockyer for one of their goals? Better reply on the match thread or we'll get pelters :wink:
  • Just wondering if Oztumer got lost in Greenwich park, hence the transfer hold up.
  • Sponsored links:

• Magennis? Non. 
    Otzumer? Oui. 
  • Richard J said:
    Richard J said:
    Scoham said:
    I understand that. As squad fillers I would welcome them although I think we could do better than Magennis at this level. 

Just in terms of sentiment it feels different. It was salaries like Amos's 18k per week which has brought them to where they are now.

@Covered End that they have previously exploited our situation. 
    No one forced Bolton to give a contract to Amos of that value and then not even play him. Portsmouth the same ultimately they mortgaged the club and it backfired.
    If we hadn't done that to wolves Lennie Lawrence wouldn't have got us promoted. 

Others have benefit from us over the years, Paul Walsh, Paul Elliott, Jonjo Shelvey etc. 
  • Scoham said:
    Talal said:

That’s the gamble you take. Baldock might be past his best. If there’s a very promising young striker available it might be worth taking a chance on them being a 20 goal striker, than someone like Baldock getting 10.

Must be some other exciting young strikers out there other than Nketiah.
    Tyreece John-Jules? Also from Arsenal.
  • edited July 2019
    What if the corpse was wearing a Rolex?
  • edited July 2019
    I know he was playing in a struggling side but even so, Magennis only scored 4 goals in 42 games last season.

Anyone who wants us to resign him needs their head testing.
    Or they know a bit about football and can see there is a player in there. I saw him have some very poor games for us and also some excellent ones. I also saw his form drop after Northern Ireland got knocked out the World cup. Should we ignore his form before that? His hat-trick against Bristol Rovers was one of the most dominant performances I have seen from a Charlton player, bar none!

You do need a dynamic to pose problems and Taylor and Magennis has potential in this respect. Is it likely, no. Would it be a risk, yes. But could it work? Yes to that too.
  • So you’re saying Oztumer is about to sign? 😉