Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Premier League 2019/20

Comments

• This has to be the worst collection of players to take part in this fixture since the 80s. 
  • Chelsea look quite good considering they haven’t really done any business with the embargo.

United look good defensively but that midfield is really weak.
  • Laddick01 said:
    Chelsea look quite good considering they haven’t really done any business with the embargo.

United look good defensively but that midfield is really weak.
    At least they had hundreds of players out on loan coming back to choose from!
  • Graham Potter is a fantastic manager & will do well at Brighton 
    He hasnt really done anything to suggest he is fantastic? Yesterday's result was good though and i do hope he does well but Swansea were not that great were they? I dont know much about him hence why i am surprised by your comment but maybe you know more about him
    Swansea barely spend anything last summer though - Potter had to rely on a lot of kids (i.e. Daniel James now at Man Utd hadnt really played prior to last season), did quite well seeing they just missed out on the play-offs after a late run of form
    I wouldnt say they just missed out on playoffs. 
    Chris Houghton did well to keep Brighton up and then to be sacked and replaced by someone who managed Swansea to 10th?
    Imagine Bowyer keeping us up and then sacked for somebody with not much of a great CV. I can understand why Brighton fans were pissed off.

• That pass from Pogba was beautiful 
  • Chelsea have been shocking defensively 
  • Missed the 1st half of Man u v Chelsea, but caught the half time chat and highlights. Chelsea looked unlucky to be behind now 3-0 down. 
  • This young Chelsea team are in a tussle with Wolves, Everton and Leicester, for 6th to 9th. 

Good time for Hazard to leave.
  • This young Chelsea team are in a tussle with Wolves, Everton and Leicester, for 6th to 9th. 

Good time for Hazard to leave.
    Hazard leaving is a major reason why they're now in this tussle!
  • James on debut makes it 4-0. Did not expect this score
  • Sponsored links:

• Lumplard (correct spelling)has a major job on his hands here.
    If Chelsea finish top six much respect from me.
    They will be lucky to finish top 6 with Zouma in the team. 
  • As much as I want an english manager to be given a chance at one of the top clubs I'm much happier seeing Chelsea getting thrashed. Awful kit too
    They will be lucky to finish top 6 with Zouma in the team. 

He looks like a clumsy mistake waiting to happen. The guy who was on loan at Villa last season looks better 
  • Did anyone see the Wolves goal that was ruled out by VAR on the basis of handball? Laughable.

• edited August 2019
    Lampard at chelsea was a ridic appointment - although most managers wouldn’t touch them as you are stuck with what is there already. 

Tough game for them next weekend not helped by a likely thrashing midweek from Liverpool in turkey 
  • Did anyone see the Wolves goal that was ruled out by VAR on the basis of handball? Laughable.

• Bang average, the pair of them

Was it the wrong call?
  • Sponsored links:

Was it the wrong call?
    Nope, not according to the rules
  • reiterate my previous point that Lampard will be a spectacular failure.  A sentimental yet ultimately poor choice, he is not ready for such a high profile job and he has taken the job at the wrong time.  Why would you sack a manager who finished 3rd (to the best 2 teams ever in the prem) won the UEFA Cup and reached a domestic final and replace him with the manager who lost the championship play off?
    They didn’t sack him - I thought he had asked to leave so he could return to Italy to look after his parents?
  • Didn’t sack him as beat Arsenal but we’re gonna sack him of lost so go figure 
  • edited August 2019
    se9addick said:
    reiterate my previous point that Lampard will be a spectacular failure.  A sentimental yet ultimately poor choice, he is not ready for such a high profile job and he has taken the job at the wrong time.  Why would you sack a manager who finished 3rd (to the best 2 teams ever in the prem) won the UEFA Cup and reached a domestic final and replace him with the manager who lost the championship play off?
    They didn’t sack him - I thought he had asked to leave so he could return to Italy to look after his parents?
    OK fair enough, walked before pushed and the majority of fans wanted him out

Was it the wrong call?
    Correct, but it highlighted how stupid the rules are.
  • Chelsea weren't 4-0 bad they hit the woodwork twice and I thought were the better team in the first half. A lot of my Chelsea mates were saying it's a win win situation for Lampard. Most fans detested Sarri & his style of play, Lampard has the support of fans (for now) & the transfer ban to use as a excuse. If he does well he's a great manager if he fails he hasn't had a chance to build his own team. 

I feel United fans will get ahead of themselves after this. They're still streets behind City/Liverpool & Spurs are a better team on their day. Arsenal I think have the firepower now to mount a better challenge for the top four so it will be another tough season for them.
  • Good job Chelsea weren’t playing Man City, they would have got a proper hiding!

Was it the wrong call?
    Correct, but it highlighted how stupid the rules are.
    I agree with that, it is a stupid rule but we cannot blame VAR on this occasion
  • I wouldn’t die fighting on this hill, but think the rule is fair. That goal was made possible by hitting an arm. Blanket bans for such goals are a fair way of making sure no handballs are ever advantageous. 
  • JiMMy 85 said:
    I wouldn’t die fighting on this hill, but think the rule is fair. That goal was made possible by hitting an arm. Blanket bans for such goals are a fair way of making sure no handballs are ever advantageous. 
    OK, here's a scenario for you, say the ball hits the REF, ricochets into the path of the striker and they score.  Have they not gained the same accidental advantage?