Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Premier League 2019/20

Comments

• BALL HITTING A REFEREE

One other new law to note is when a ball strikes a referee.

There are occasions when a referee might accidentally get in the way of the ball.

Normally this does not matter, but if a team gains a significant advantage, then we would stop the game and have a drop ball.

• Is that a proper drop ball where players contest it or they just give it back to the opposition?
  • No, new drop ball rules too

DROPPED BALL

The change here does away with the contested dropped ball.

Instead, the ball will be given to the team that last played it before the stoppage, however, in the penalty area the ball will always go to the goalkeeper.

It takes away the discussion that often happens as to which team should give it back to the other so it’s just a clearer and cleverer rule.

https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/17813110.premier-league-referee-explains-rules-changes-2019-20-season/

• That Man City pen that was re-taken due to Rice in the box, surely he can just step in the box every time and it will be a re-take? Surely gives the defending team an advantage? If Man city score, Rice will say i'm in the box take it again? 
  • robroy said:
    That Man City pen that was re-taken due to Rice in the box, surely he can just step in the box every time and it will be a re-take? Surely gives the defending team an advantage? If Man city score, Rice will say i'm in the box take it again? 
    Only a re-take if he doesn't score. But if attacking player enters too early and he scores then he will have to re-take.
  • robroy said:
    That Man City pen that was re-taken due to Rice in the box, surely he can just step in the box every time and it will be a re-take? Surely gives the defending team an advantage? If Man city score, Rice will say i'm in the box take it again? 
    Only a re-take if he doesn't score. But if attacking player enters too early and he scores then he will have to re-take.
    Yep, and Rice had an advantage as he was the first player to the rebound as he encroached so far, so the retake is fine, will stop the change of players the moment the penalty taker starts the run up  
  • robroy said:

• Pukki hattrick as Norwich lead Newcastle 3-0
  • Watching Man City v Spurs now. Spurs have hardly touched the ball since ko
  • Oops its happened again

Man City score a last minute winner, chalked off after VAR spots a handball against Leporte
  • Sponsored links:

• Consistency at last. Unfortunate for Man city and Wolves last week but any ball that hits the hand/arm of the attacking team will be disallowed. 
  • Pukki hattrick as Norwich lead Newcastle 3-0
    I bet norwich are glad the transfer window is closed
  • Come on you Blades.
  • Dont thin Sheffield United fans have watches, 7 minutes added and been blowing whistles since 94th minute lol
  • Great goal from Mount, the first of many for the young English kid.
  • Graham Potter is a fantastic manager & will do well at Brighton 
    He hasnt really done anything to suggest he is fantastic? Yesterday's result was good though and i do hope he does well but Swansea were not that great were they? I dont know much about him hence why i am surprised by your comment but maybe you know more about him
    Sorry for the very late reply but only just seen this.  He took Östersunds from the Swedish 4th division to the Swedish top flight,  qualified for the Europa league & won the Swedish cup. Quite an achievement.  Then took over Swansea after they'd sold all their best players following Relegation from the premier league & finished in the top half of the championship with a team made up  mainly of home grown academy products. 

Time will tell,  but he clearly has something about him & I think he'll do well at Brighton 
  • Poor first half from Wolves which i'm quite surprised at. United good value for their lead
  • Poor first half from Wolves which i'm quite surprised at. United good value for their lead
    Poor first half from Wolves which i'm quite surprised at. United good value for their lead

Man U just not letting them play, different side from last year .. I am a BIG Maguire fan and it looks to me that he has given the whole team a major upgrade .. Wan Bisakka looks right at home, Pogba, Lingard in midfield .. Man U will give the Man Cs, Liverpools, Spurs and Gunners a good run for their money this season .. also great that Man U have 5 English starters and 2 more Brits 

Poor first half from Wolves which i'm quite surprised at. United good value for their lead

Man U just not letting them play, different side from last year .. I am a BIG Maguire fan and it looks to me that he has given the whole team a major upgrade .. Wan Bisakka looks right at home, Pogba, Lingard in midfield .. Man U will give the Man Cs, Liverpools, Spurs and Gunners a good run for their money this season .. also great that Man U have 5 English starters and 2 more Brits 

I detest Man U but this does make them slightly more likeable.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2019
    Wolves come out fighting 2nd half .. terrific Neves shot for equaliser 1-1   BUT review for offside .. allowed

• Neves only knows how to score worldies!!
  • Only the second goal (out of five) to stand after VAR review
  • Neves is such a good player. Surprised Wolves kept him this summer.
  • Would have been ridiculous if that goal had been disallowed. Don't like VAR at all, thank god it's not in the championship at the moment.
  • Neves is such a good player. Surprised Wolves kept him this summer.
    At the top of his game he’s top 4 quality 

Think consistency is his problem.
  • philcafc said:
    Would have been ridiculous if that goal had been disallowed. Don't like VAR at all, thank god it's not in the championship at the moment.
    It's almost as if they want to disallow goals. The emphasis is wrong at the moment.
  • now we'll learn a lot about both teams .. 
  • Pogba wins pen … then misses spot kick f f s ((:>)
  • Great penalty save!!

Pogba should try emulating Lyle!!