Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

2019/20 Championship games

Comments

• RedChaser said:
    As we've got both Derby and Bristol City in the next couple of months thought I'd watch them. End to end stuff Derby more possession, Bristol strong on the counter and 1-0 in front.
    I dont have the red button so stuck watching Hull v Blackburn

Really not surprised we beat the latter on tonights showing, barely seen Tom Eaves for Hull either
  • Sunderland in 1-1 shock.
  • 2-0 Bristol on stroke of HT. Derby committing suicide at the back.
  • Jesus where are the fans @ Hull tonight?

Thought they got decent attendances
    They've been poor a while. Boycotting, apathy etc

Having played for us and Bolton, Josh Magennis will be used to it!
  • I reckon tonight we will see our chance slipping away, almost certain to be out of the automatic places!
    Still top two as of right now... :-)
  • Kasey Palmer just been subbed off for Bristol in a 5/10 performance.
  • Boooo Wendies lead and we are third.
  • Boooo Wendies lead and we are third.
    FFS!! Knew that Bowyer was shit!!
  • Can't believe the state of the Hull pitch.  Surely there's got to be some rules regulations laws about non-football markings on a football pitch. That's a disgrace. 
  • Sponsored links:

• I'm still in glass half empty mode and will be until we reach 50 points! I'm more interested in seeing which teams will be the relegation strugglers...
  • edited August 2019
    I'm still in glass half empty mode and will be until we reach 50 points! I'm more interested in seeing which teams will be the relegation strugglers...
    Image result for millwall
  •  Had the misfortune of listening to the massives whine on the local wireless about the disasters that had befallen them at smallwall when we were coming away from Oakwell, 
    One Wendy after another wanting caretaker boss sacked and this or that player in or out. 
    Apart from smallwall they are the team I would like to beat this season. Hopefully in a complete smash and grab 0-1 for maximum whining from them. Complete scanners type head explosions after Jacko swings on their crossbars. Hopefully their early season table topping will raise their hopes and expectations to new heights before a complete collapse in March and April leaves them in the playoffs, only to lose at Wembley to a last minute goal.
    Such a bunch of Harry Hunts
  • Watching Hull Blackburn.

Eaves is poor, saw him against us and he didnt look like much, then watching him today he looks poor.

Bowen is shocking, he is greedy and doesnt seem to know where the goal is when he does shoot
  • edited August 2019
    Watching Hull Blackburn.

Eaves is poor, saw him against us and he didnt look like much, then watching him today he looks poor.

Bowen is shocking, he is greedy and doesnt seem to know where the goal is when he does shoot
    Dont agree with his £20m price tag then? :)

Especially as Birmingham sold Che Adams to Southampton for "just" £15m despite scoring the same amount of goals
  • Derby pull one back Marriott sores 1-2. Six minutes left plus additional time,

22 in 46 last year, I hope our strikers have the same sense of misdirection this season!
  • edited August 2019
    Birmingham beating Barnsley 2-0 has surprised me a little

Thought that they've looked poor whenever I've seen their highlights (I know they wont show much)

Tomorrow will show how unpredictable the Championship is

Charlton draw with Barnsley | Birmingham beat Barnsley | Birmingham get beaten by Nottingham Forest | Charlton beat Nottingham Forest
  • In L1 Southend are heading for their 4th consecutive defeat. Bizarre looking table with Southend on 0, Bolton on -11 and Bury on -12
  • Huddersfield and Stoke will want to win tomorrow

With them and Luton currently on just the single point (and 21st on 3-pts), they'll soon be in danger of being cut adrift even at this early stage
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2019
    Birmingham beating Barnsley 2-0 has surprised me a little

Thought that they've looked poor whenever I've seen their highlights (I know they wont show much)

Charlton draw with Barnsley | Birmingham beat Barnsley | Birmingham get beaten by Nottingham Forest | Charlton beat Nottingham Forest
    I think the Championship will be really tight this season, with a tiny gap between 6th top and 3rd bottom
  • RedChaser said:
    2-0 Bristol on stroke of HT. Derby committing suicide at the back.

This is what gets to me,just because the manager had success as a player with PSV and Barcelona does not mean he will be any good as a manager with an english team. Can see Phillip Coca going the same way as Japp Stam and Frank de BOER

• Birmingham beating Barnsley 2-0 has surprised me a little

I think the Championship will be really tight this season, with a tiny gap between 6th top and 3rd bottom
    With an even smaller gap between around 17th and 23rd

Over the last few years its usually 24th that ends up adrift from everyone else come May

22 in 46 last year, I hope our strikers have the same sense of misdirection this season!
    Didnt watch him last season, but today I have seen him miss a penalty and put 4 shots wide
  • I know it's not the championship and I didn't want to bump an old thread but Pompey were 3-1 up at home to Coventry, Sky blues with 10 men, Coventry made it 3-2 and then Coventry went down to 9 men and made it 3-3. That is a disaster, Jackett must be on thin ice, fans seem really fed up with him 
  • I know it's not the championship and I didn't want to bump an old thread but Pompey were 3-1 up at home to Coventry, Sky blues with 10 men, Coventry made it 3-2 and then Coventry went down to 9 men and made it 3-3. That is a disaster, Jackett must be on thin ice, fans seem really fed up with him 
    Sunderland are doing a Charlton at the moment in the sense they're the only beaten Play-Off team in that same area of the table again so far this term

Last year saw Shrewsbury and Scunthorpe both having bad seasons; at the moment it looks like Doncaster and Portsmouth could be mid-table battlers

Wont be surprised if Jackett doesnt last much longer (especially the way they bottled it last season) - Think it would be a mistake to get rid though
  • Birmingham beating Barnsley 2-0 has surprised me a little

So do I. Most teams look of similar ability to me so far.
    If we play to the best of our ability and get the breaks, we could easy end up top half.
    If we play poorly, don't get the breaks and get a lot of injuries, we could struggle.
  • Also away from the Championship, Paul Hurst after his success with Shrewsbury, then failure with Ipswich now sees his Scunthorpe side bottom of L2...

An amazing fall for them, L1 playoffs in 2018, relegated a year later and now propping up the football league

Didnt watch him last season, but today I have seen him miss a penalty and put 4 shots wide
    Which is why you don’t judge a player on a single 90 minutes 
  • edited August 2019
    Watching Swansea/Brum game. Doesn't seem to be anything in either of these sides for us to fear. Have to say I expected Swansea to be more impressive than they have been so far. They'll probably nick a 1-0 though.