Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Premier League 2019/20

Comments

• That'll endear him to most of their fans who want him to go.
  • Rashford is the bet penalty taker at the club.

Egotistical from Pogba.
  • Traore making a big difference here for Wolves .. powerful winger at last looking like fulfilling his potential
  • Pogba blew it and ruined a good performance .. Olé needs to have a serious word with him .. good game, good fight back by Wolves .. Man U still lack a real killer up front
  • Pogba blew it and ruined a good performance .. Olé needs to have a serious word with him .. good game, good fight back by Wolves .. Man U still lack a real killer up front
    Was far from their worst player. Rashford was worse and Lingard was beyond bad.

United will be better defensively this season (as you mentioned earlier) but in midfield they will get outplayed by the likes of City, Liverpool and Spurs. McTominay, Lingard and a disinterested Pogba are not the answer.
  • I know the market is inflated and a youngster for 15m isn’t even a big price tag these days, but my god United have massively overpaid for James.

Pace goes a long way in the championship, but you’ll get exposed against the top sides.
  • If i was Solksjaer i think i'd have sold Pogba for 100-120m (or whatever Madrid were offering) and got Eriksen and Bruno Fernandes with the money.

Sometimes selling a big player isn't a bad thing. Reinvest it wisely and move forward (see liverpool with Coutinho)
  • edited August 2019
    I'd love someone to explain the merits of this so called world class Pogba, whenever i've watched him he's looked like a carthorse

There's a reason why Ferguson bombed him out all those years ago, he's an arrogant prima donna
  • I'd love someone to explain the merits of this so called world class Pogba, whenever i've watched him he's looked like a carthorse

There's a reason why Ferguson bombed him out all those years ago, he's an arrogant prima donna
    He's a quality player.........when he wants to be. You don't become an integral part of the Juventus and France midfields if you're average. He did also score 16 goals last season which isn't a bad return from midfield in a side that wasn't great.

His problem seems to be consistency. For a player on his salary who cost that much money, he should be dominating games week in week out, but he doesn't. 

Ferguson didn't bomb him out either, he is on record as saying he wanted him to stay but Pogba's agent Raiola had already agreed a move for him to Juve.
  • If i was Solksjaer i think i'd have sold Pogba for 100-120m (or whatever Madrid were offering) and got Eriksen and Bruno Fernandes with the money.

Sometimes selling a big player isn't a bad thing. Reinvest it wisely and move forward (see liverpool with Coutinho)
    And listen to the collective sigh of Stretford End as Eriksen hits the first man at a corner for the 19th time in succession...

Eriksen's main issue is consistency too.  He's good enough to run games at a canter but he just doesn't do it regularly enough.
  • Sponsored links:

• Everton spunking £40m on Iwobi when they need a striker for the last 4 years is a joke. A poor game of football.
  • Everton spunking £40m on Iwobi when they need a striker for the last 4 years is a joke. A poor game of football.
    Theo Walcott missed a bloody glorious chance to make it 1-1 too
  • I’m a big fan of Kean, but he’s 19 just arrived in the country and speaks little English.
    He will need time to bed in.

In the mean time they have Calvert-Lewin who isn’t up to the standard whenever I’ve seen him. They should have bought another striker in over the summer, they look toothless up top.
  • I don't see Silva lasting much longer there, they're under achieving.

Since June 2016, their net spend is 195m, the 4th highest in the division........but they look further away from the top 4 (and even top 6) now than at any point over the last few years.

• Andone being kicked by his own team mate before the game.

Andone just been sent off for a horror tackle on Valery, no doubt still fuming with Bernardo
  • Blimey, good job Arsenal went out and sorted out their centre back problems by signing David Luiz...

• Andone being kicked by his own team mate before the game.

Andone just been sent off for a horror tackle on Valery, no doubt still fuming with Bernardo
    lol! Love how Bernando tries to claim he was kicking at his chewing gum

Doesnt even look like he spits anything out of his mouth prior to kicking out
  • JohnBoyUK said:
    Blimey, good job Arsenal went out and sorted out their centre back problems by signing David Luiz...
    Awful performance.
  • Bournemouth putting in a good shift at the moment against Man City!!
  • Big upset there. Great win for Newcastle.
  • Sponsored links:

• Good to see that Steve Bruce learnt from Lee Bowyer yesterday
  • Great display from Newcastle. Got away with a fair bit there though.
  • Last gasp penalty equaliser for Wolves.
    Shame for Nick Pope
    Shame for Nick Pope
    Move on  ;)
  • Christ, how is Souness still a pundit. Absolute dinosaur 
  • Harry Kane didn’t get much service but he was absolute toilet today
  • Harry Kane didn’t get much service but he was absolute toilet today
    That chance at the end was a gimme by his standards
  • Glad I sacked today off in favour of watching the cricket at home.

Spurs are in their worst run of form under Poch in the PL.  Only 15 points from the last 15 games.  The CL run papered over the cracks last season and we’ve started in the same vein.  It’s borderline relegation form.  The football has been abysmal to watch.  Constantly sideways, no cutting edge and we have been playing better when Kane wasn’t in the side.

It doesn’t seem like all in well behind the scenes.  Poch has come out tonight and said the squad is the most unsettled it has been in his time at the club.  Trippier left claiming stuff going on behind the scenes he didn’t want to talk about, Poch’s reluctance to play Vertonghen, our best CB and Eriksen, leaving your best creative midfielder on the bench in favour on playing Winks, Lamela and Sissoko at home is madness.

Levy had spent money on Ndombele and Lo Celso, players Poch wanted so he needs to deliver now.  Pressure is on Poch more than ever in his reign.  Can’t see Levy sacking him any time soon but if the form doesn’t start picking up, Levy’s trigger finger will get the twitches.

Thought Newcastle were good value for the 3 points today.
  • BTW, that VAR decision.  That’s a clear pen in any game in my book.  Surprised it went against us, not that we deserved it.  Would have papered over the cracks.

Next up, the NLD at the Cameldome.  Think I may go out for the day.  Sigh.