Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

STATBANK: Charlton Athletic 1-0 Brentford F.C.

many thanks to the 89 Lifers who gave marks, I could not find a decent pic of the MoM in CAFC shirt so used a group pic instead. Don't know how much the spotlight on defenders stats mean but it's there in case it might mean something to somebody

Comments

• edited August 2019
    WHY did you spell the MOM name wrong in statistics of order of players marks? 

locksjpg

Is this any good?
  • Love those extra defensive stats, even if I no idea what they really mean!
  • edited August 2019
    ross1 said:
    WHY did you spell the MOM name wrong in statistics of order of players marks? 

locksjpg

Is this any good?
    the reason his name is spelt wrong is because I made a mistake, obvious I would have thought, edited to correct spelling
    no don't like that pic, prefer the group shot
  • Wow 8.47 for a defender!  Second highest score for the season behind Gallagher’s 8.5.  One question @lancashire lad - in the new Defenders table how do players get a decimal point - for instance Purrington offside 0.4!?  Great stats as usual.
  • cafc-west said:
    Wow 8.47 for a defender!  Second highest score for the season behind Gallagher’s 8.5.  One question @lancashire lad - in the new Defenders table how do players get a decimal point - for instance Purrington offside 0.4!?  Great stats as usual.
    sorry I have no idea how they calculate the stats.
  • It says offsides won per game. Presumably that means if a defender makes two appearances and catches a striker offside once over of the two games they’d average 0.5 offsides per game.
  • Scoham said:
    It says offsides won per game. Presumably that means if a defender makes two appearances and catches a striker offside once over of the two games they’d average 0.5 offsides per game.
    That makes sense.
  • Interesting how many goals are scored late in first half or in the final minutes of game.

Great job by the way Lancashire Lad.  Really interesting.
  • Scoham said:
    It says offsides won per game. Presumably that means if a defender makes two appearances and catches a striker offside once over of the two games they’d average 0.5 offsides per game.
    A bizarre stat really, as surely offsides are just as much an error by the attacking player as something to credit the defence for?

I assume Pearce leads the table as during the game he missed, no Forest player was caught offside. If however Grabban had strayed offside a couple of times, then the other defenders would have overtaken him   :D
  • Admittedly I didn't go, but when we get a clean sheet but Dillon is still near the bottom of the list, how did that happen?
  • Sponsored links:

• Sam Field made no blocks? I swear he was one of the bodies in the way at the end?
  • Sam Field made no blocks? I swear he was one of the bodies in the way at the end?
    I never thought of it that way round! the blocks refer to shots made by our players which are blocked by the opposition, unfortunately the match information I have found available does not include the name of the player that blocks the shot just the one that made it.
    I never thought of it that way round! the blocks refer to shots made by our players which are blocked by the opposition, unfortunately the match information I have found available does not include the name of the player that blocks the shot just the one that made it.

Guess that makes sense haha thanks mate
  • edited August 2019
    Great work as ever
  • Good work Lancs.

It didn't feel that we had as much as 31% but saw that figure on the BBC stats.

Must be quite a few games when we have been under the cosh but the one that springs to mind was the evening game at Norwich when we won 1-0 with a daisy cutter from Jackson which I'm sure was our only shot of the night ?
    Remember Henderson doing every thing in slow motion, Wiggins having a superb defensive game(no wing back this night)
    and Norwich having the ball and attacking similar to Brentford.

The fact that Brentford had 22 shots but only 4 on target which from memory was two blocks from Pearce and Field and two decent saves by Philips.

• Admittedly I didn't go, but when we get a clean sheet but Dillon is still near the bottom of the list, how did that happen?
    Well he didn't have a great deal to do as the defenders in front of him did most of the blocking and defending - hence Lockyer and Pearce at the top.
    Dillon made a couple of good saves but also a few dodgy moments...
  • cafc-west said:
    Admittedly I didn't go, but when we get a clean sheet but Dillon is still near the bottom of the list, how did that happen?
    Well he didn't have a great deal to do as the defenders in front of him did most of the blocking and defending - hence Lockyer and Pearce at the top.
    Dillon made a couple of good saves but also a few dodgy moments...

Thank you, quite mad how he can get a clean sheet and still be the 2nd worst player marked. But as you say if he had a few hairy moments, it makes sense.
  • How can that rank as Dillons worst game of the season?
    A clean sheet and game winning saves.
    We never seem to appreciate our keepers.
    All other games his catching and decision making has been top notch

Granted his distribution is never brilliant but dont care too much about that provided he keeps the ball out the net

Other games this season he's not really been at fault for the goals

Just for the majority of Saturday I felt the clean sheet was down to Lockyer and Pearce more than Dillon
  • How can that rank as Dillons worst game of the season?
    A clean sheet and game winning saves.
    We never seem to appreciate our keepers.
    All other games his catching and decision making has been top notch

Granted his distribution is never brilliant but dont care too much about that provided he keeps the ball out the net

Other games this season he's not really been at fault for the goals

Just for the majority of Saturday I felt the clean sheet was down to Lockyer and Pearce more than Dillon
    Agreed. His flapping at crosses didn’t lend itself to a high mark either 
  • Sponsored links:

• The Sunday Times interestingly had Williams as MoM with 8, with Lockyer and Pearce only getting 7s