Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Leeds at the Valley .. Tickets on Sale

Comments

• Surely these tickets should be restricted sales otherwise it could turn nasty. I really can't understand the people who run the tickets sales, do they not understand football.
    Can any old one just log on and buy tickets or just turn up at the ticket office and buy tickets?.....surely you would need a red card/con number or supporter ID.
    until its put on restricted sale yes anyone can buy a ticket/ create a fan id. 
    Surely you only sell to fans with more than zero points.
  • Surely these tickets should be restricted sales otherwise it could turn nasty. I really can't understand the people who run the tickets sales, do they not understand football.
    Can any old one just log on and buy tickets or just turn up at the ticket office and buy tickets?.....surely you would need a red card/con number or supporter ID.
    until its put on restricted sale yes anyone can buy a ticket/ create a fan id. 
    Surely you only sell to fans with more than zero points.
    at this current time i do not think this has been implemented.
  • which is ridiculous for safety reasons.
  • remember a few years back a couple of leeds fans were celebrating when scoring and ended up getting sent tumbling down the north upper - imo if you behave in that manner you deserve everything you get. 

our away end holds 3000 ample for them, hope we dont do anything stupid like give them more tickets. 

i see brum sold out so it is now on restricted - issue you have is London based Leeds fans who fancy seeing a local game and have no sort of priority at leeds as they wont be able to get a ticket in the away end. 
    3,000 is nowhere near enough.

They'd take 5,000 virtually every away game if allowed.  They have one of THE best away followings in the country.  Amazing when they have been in the 3rd division with us,  plus spending years doing nothing in the Championship.
    Same argument could be used for Fulham 1900 is nowhere near enough for us, but Charlton fans that go in the home ends celebrate and sing and then proceed to get a slap fully deserved imo ( yes I know it’s fulham and more chance of being invited for a jolly good day out at the polo ) but the example is there. 

its not a promotion game it’s a match at the end of September - so 0 extra seats need to be given imo.
    I was not advocating selling further tickets, merely saying the allocation was insufficent for their following.
    point taken but how many championship grounds provide less than 3000 to the away following?

millwall and fulham are 2 off the top of my head. 
    With the exception of Wednesday and Barnsley(for Leeds), all of them.
  • remember a few years back a couple of leeds fans were celebrating when scoring and ended up getting sent tumbling down the north upper - imo if you behave in that manner you deserve everything you get. 

our away end holds 3000 ample for them, hope we dont do anything stupid like give them more tickets. 

i see brum sold out so it is now on restricted - issue you have is London based Leeds fans who fancy seeing a local game and have no sort of priority at leeds as they wont be able to get a ticket in the away end. 

They'd take 5,000 virtually every away game if allowed.  They have one of THE best away followings in the country.  Amazing when they have been in the 3rd division with us,  plus spending years doing nothing in the Championship.
    Same argument could be used for Fulham 1900 is nowhere near enough for us, but Charlton fans that go in the home ends celebrate and sing and then proceed to get a slap fully deserved imo ( yes I know it’s fulham and more chance of being invited for a jolly good day out at the polo ) but the example is there. 

its not a promotion game it’s a match at the end of September - so 0 extra seats need to be given imo.
    I was not advocating selling further tickets, merely saying the allocation was insufficent for their following.
    point taken but how many championship grounds provide less than 3000 to the away following?

they have been in this league long enough if you cant get a ticket in the away end - dont go pretty simple, never understand people that do it tbh. 

Blackburn and Huddersfield also have huge away ends. Hull might give more than 3k this season too as their home support is shit now

they have been in this league long enough if you cant get a ticket in the away end - dont go pretty simple, never understand people that do it tbh. 
    Unless you have mates who support the home side I have never really understood it either. I couldn't help saying or shouting something in the heat of the moment that would cause the locals to know I support Charlton. Though I wouldn't ever do it on purpose, I Wouldn't want to risk it personally.
  • Looks like another 300 have been sold in the last 24 hrs

Unless you have mates who support the home side I have never really understood it either. I couldn't help saying or shouting something in the heat of the moment that would cause the locals to know I support Charlton. Though I wouldn't ever do it on purpose, I Wouldn't want to risk it personally.
    We did it at Reading, but we had no intention of causing trouble. I quite enjoyed it actually - probably because we won - but it was interesting seeing it from an away perspective. Had we lost, it probably would have been awful.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited September 2019
    Looks like another 300 have been sold in the last 24 hrs
    Yep - stable door bolted too late.

There'll be whippet shit everywhere.
  • if you look in the areas where tickets are being bought will give a good indication of who is buying them for example the north upper is still plenty of seats the east and west seem to have increased sales - which is unusual. 
  • 1,170 more tickets sold for this game than the Birmingham game already.
  • They're still not on restricted sale, whereas Birmingham game is.
  • Addickted said:
    1,170 more tickets sold for this game than the Birmingham game already.
    Over 20,000 then with the away support.
  • this is what happens when you don’t have a proper SMT. Should have been put on restricted sale from the start yet now they are even advertising to Leeds fans ‘get in quick, there is still time’. Surprised the Safety Officer hadn’t said something about this, unless he has and been ignored. Leeds fans are notorious. Next we will give Millwall a heads-up before putting them on restricted sale.
  • So, still not on restricted sale.

2 tickets sold in the Covered End in the last hour and..... 81 in the East Stand.
  • Sponsored links:

• this is what happens when you don’t have a proper SMT. Should have been put on restricted sale from the start yet now they are even advertising to Leeds fans ‘get in quick, there is still time’. Surprised the Safety Officer hadn’t said something about this, unless he has and been ignored. Leeds fans are notorious. Next we will give Millwall a heads-up before putting them on restricted sale.
    Never fear Millwallfan is already on the case...
  • edited September 2019
    Now if you were a Leeds fan trying to get tickets in a home area where would you like to be....I'd guess as near to the away end as possible......I'm in Q block (West Upper), could be fun in that area. Just looked on the ticket site....375 seats available in Q Block....400+ for the Brum game.
  • Better than 7000 in the ground with 250 Rochdale in the corner of the Jimmy Seed
  • edited September 2019
    The issue is if it was another club, it wouldn't be such a problem. But Leeds has its dangers. Not being disrespectful to them, but there is a risk from a minority.
  • Still not on restricted sale
  • Now on restricted sale.
  • if you look in the areas where tickets are being bought will give a good indication of who is buying them for example the north upper is still plenty of seats the east and west seem to have increased sales - which is unusual. 
    They are simply buying the Bournemouth expansion blocks in the West Stand and choosing to do the same in the East.
  • edited September 2019
    Now on restricted sale.
    Far too late
    Agreed.

We're not talking of a couple of dozen here, but a large number of unusual purchases, possibly two or three hundred, over three weeks before the game.

Get the feeling that ME and his team may have a busy day.
  • edited September 2019
    They've been discussing it on their site for 3 weeks