Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Middlesborough away [7/12/19] advance train tickets

edited September 2019 in Match Day Travel
At the moment there is only one cheaper option.
Dep Kings Cross 08.06 arrive Middlesborough 11.07 change at Eaglescliffe
Dep Middlesborough 17.55 arrive Kings Cross 20.59 change at York
This means buying a single ticket in each direction between Kings Cross & York outgoing price £18.10 [£12.35] return price £13.30 [£8.80] a day return between York & Middlesborough costs £18.10 [£11.95]
More options may appear later,also SKY have not yet picked their live games yet.
Railcard fares in brackets.
A slightly cheaper option appears lower in this thread.

Comments

• 13 minutes between trains coming home
  • clb74 said:
    13 minutes between trains coming home
    Your tortoise paced legs will never make it.
  • cheers Clive have booked and taken the risk that Sky leave it alone. 
  • clive said:
    This means buying a single ticket in each direction between Kings Cross & York outgoing price £18.10 [£12.35] return price £13.30 [£8.80] a day return between York & Middlesborough costs £18.10 [£11.95]
    More options may appear later,also SKY have not yet picked their live games yet.
    Clive if i book the whole journey with grand central and the 5.50pm gets in to late for the 7.02 york to london can i board the 7.30pm york to london
  • clb74 said:
    clive said:
    Clive if i book the whole journey with grand central and the 5.50pm gets in to late for the 7.02 york to london can i board the 7.30pm york to london
    Only if you book a through ticket from 'Boro' to Kings Cross & LNER authorise ticket acceptance.
  • Cheers clive
  • edited September 2019
    Another alternative cheaper option
    Dep Kings Cross 08.06 arrive Eaglescliffe 10.50 price £25.60 [£16.90]
     Dep Eaglescliffe10.55 Arrive Middlesborough 11.07

Dep Middlesborough 17.43 Arrive Eaglescliffe 17.53
    Dep Eaglescliffe 18.14 Arrive Kings Cross 20.59 price £16.70 [£11.05]

A day return between Eaglescliffe & Middlesborough costs £3.20 [£2.10]
    Sorry for any confusion but the 17.43 return train to Eaglescliffe is not shown on some timetables.

• 12 booked
  • clb74 said:
    12 booked
    That's more than live in Catford :smile:
  • clb74 said:
    12 booked
    That's more than live in Catford :smile:
    Not all charlton though , got one boro going 
  • Sponsored links:

• I do not like to stereotype, but Middlesbrough is a rather drab place. 

A few pubs are selective on who they let in, some have bouncers on the door.  One pub that was great was The Zetland, 2 minutes from the train station.  Sadly, this has been refurbished and is now more geared as a restaurant.

Don't be put off by the reputation of the locals, we have always been treated very well up there.
  • clive said:
    I can only find £435 option on the trainline. Any help appreciated! 
  • iamdan said:
    clive said:
    I can only find £435 option on the trainline. Any help appreciated! 

Book it NOW.
  • Just to add if your going to eaglescliffe.
    A cab from boro to Eaglescliffe after the game is about £16.
    Should be ok on the train though.
  • The 17.10 would mean leaving on the whistle and moving like a greyhound to make it.
  • This trip is now getting quite expensive
    Option 1 Advance single to Middlesborough £50.20 [£33.15] return £37.00 [£24.40] total £87.20 [£57.55]

Option 2 Advance single to Eaglescliffe £43.50 [£28.70]  return £25.60 [£16.90] Day return Eaglescliffe to Middlesborough £3.20 [£2.10] total £72.30 [£47.70]

Option 3 Advance single to York £32.30 [£21.30] return £18.70 [£12.35] Day return York to Middlesborough £18.10 [£11.95] total £69.10 [£45.50]
    The above options all depart Kings Cross 08.06 Arrive Middlesborough 11.07 change at Eaglescliffe
    Return on option 1&3 Dep Middlesborough 17.55 Arrive Kings Cross 20.59 change at York
    Return on option 2 Dep Middlesborough 17.43 Arrive Kings Cross 20.59 change at Eaglescliffe

Cheaper fares may appear when LNER release their Advance Tickets on 8th November

• LNER are now releasing there Advance Tickets on 15th November.
  • I am 200 miles nearer M'Boro than the majority (I suspect) of Addicks fans .. the cheapest I can find is £33.50 return from Grimsby via Doncaster (that is to Hartlepool where I'm staying for a few days)  .. I hope that the trains have got back to normal by early December .. a t m most of the rail tracks in South Yorkshire and West Lincs are under at least three feet of water
  • I've done Middlesbrough away 5 times.
    Both stadiums. 
    A soulless outpost of England. 
    I think for me to go again I would need paying. 
  • I am 200 miles nearer M'Boro than the majority (I suspect) of Addicks fans .. the cheapest I can find is £33.50 return from Grimsby via Doncaster (that is to Hartlepool where I'm staying for a few days)  .. I hope that the trains have got back to normal by early December .. a t m most of the rail tracks in South Yorkshire and West Lincs are under at least three feet of water
    Most people stay in Hartlepool for a few minutes....
  • Sponsored links:

Most people stay in Hartlepool for a few minutes....
    I used to live in Hartlepool. Worst place I’ve ever been too. Awful people too. 
  • clive said:
    LNER are now releasing there Advance Tickets on 15th November.
    Is this trip doable on the train Clive? My lads really want to go, but last we looked there were engineering works on the east coast main line from south of Doncaster on the Saturday from 5pm, making it impossible to get back after the game. 
  • clive said:
    Is this trip doable on the train Clive? My lads really want to go, but last we looked there were engineering works on the east coast main line from south of Doncaster on the Saturday from 5pm, making it impossible to get back after the game. 
    The following information appears here https://www.grandcentralrail.com/

Amended service between Doncaster and Peterborough from 20:30 Saturday 7 until 12:00 Sunday 8 Dec. Your journey may be affected by engineering work.

It appears the 3 departures listed below are unaffected by the engineering works,full details should appear when LNER release their advance fares on 8/11/19

Dep MBR  Arr KX17:10     20.47

Dep MBR Arr  KGX   17:55    20:59

Dep MBR Arr  KGX18:10    21:44

• clive said:
    clive said:
    The following information appears here https://www.grandcentralrail.com/

Amended service between Doncaster and Peterborough from 20:30 Saturday 7 until 12:00 Sunday 8 Dec. Your journey may be affected by engineering work.

It appears the 3 departures listed below are unaffected by the engineering works,full details should appear when LNER release their advance fares on 8/11/19

Dep MBR  Arr KX
    17:10     20.47

Dep MBR Arr  KGX
       17:55    20:59

Dep MBR Arr  KGX
    18:10    21:44

Thanks. Be interesting to see prices when released.
  • For one reason or another i have never made it to the Riverside so am hoping to tick this one off in December.
    Is Boro that bad? I am thinking i may just go up on the Friday and stay in town the night 
  • For one reason or another i have never made it to the Riverside so am hoping to tick this one off in December.
    Is Boro that bad? I am thinking i may just go up on the Friday and stay in town the night 
    From one orpington boy to another take it from me mate it's a shithole. 

As bad as Orpington on a Friday or better lol just so i have some sort of idea

Trust me it's worse. 

Trust me it's worse. 
    Cheers. I will wait till 15th then as Clive says and see the prices for a day return. Sounds like it would be a downer 

Trust me it's worse. 
    Cor dont you moan blackpool