Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

If you could live in any other country. What one would it be?

The scenario is.

You are on the run.... for a crime that you didn't commit.

Could just be you or you and your family etc. Whatever your situation is.

A van pulls up. The driver winds the window down.

"I know you didn't do it. You need to get in this Van and I will take you to the secret luxery airport where you can then go to absolutely any country of your choosing. You can not stay in this one. You are a wanted civilian. Potential life sentence or death penalty for you if you stay here".

"You will be either doing the same job that you do now....or you will be doing a 9-5 ...substandard live for the weekend  reasonable enough earnings type job"

You can only go to one country. You have 5 minutes to decide. You will be living in this new place for the rest of your life. You can also obviously decide the city/town area location etc.

Need an answer! Now!

Where would you go?

If from Britain or Ireland...you can't stay in any part of the area. For example, Englishman can't just move to Scotland.

Comments

• edited September 2019
    New Zealand!!!!

Dont even need five seconds to decide
  • Vladivostok, Russia.  
  • That’s a very long winded way of asking what other country you want to live in mate!

Majorca 
    It is...but i think it requires pressurised forceful action in order to get the real answer.

Too many choices...it could take ages.

Germany, Brazil, Spain, America, Canada, Australia, Mexico 

would be my shortlist. 

America  - No
    Canada - No
    Spain - No

I think I'd reluctantly have to go Australia.

Doesn't tick all the boxes....but it just about wins.
    Mexico would also tempt me
  • Dave2l said:
    That’s a very long winded way of asking what other country you want to live in mate!

Majorca 
    It is...but i think it requires pressurised forceful action in order to get the real answer.

would be my shortlist. 

America  - No
    Canada - No
    Spain - No

So what are you on the run for "apparently" doing?
  • I would go for Italy. Great food and culture and beautiful language would love to learn.
  • Oggy Red said:
    I would go for Italy. Great food and culture and beautiful language would love to learn.
    Don't you like Spain any longer? .... assuming you're not on the run, of course!

Oh yes, love Spain - but if I could live anywhere else it would be Italy! 
  • Lots of countries I love holidaying in e.g. Argentina... But I'm sure living there is a different kettle of fish. Probably somewhere anglophone, reckon Australia possibly Melbourne. Ibiza, not the party bit would be fine by me too!
  • Dave2l said:
    That’s a very long winded way of asking what other country you want to live in mate!

Majorca 

would be my shortlist. 

America  - No
    Canada - No
    Spain - No

So what are you on the run for "apparently" doing?

Robbing a bank....but you didn't actually do it.
    Framed
  • Sponsored links:

• I would go for Italy. Great food and culture and beautiful language would love to learn.

Italy's an excellent choice. Surprised I didn't even consider it.
  • Yeah, I could do Italy too.

GF is French, and has had to move back to Marseille to be near her 97 year old Mum, so I go there often.

Provence is lovely, could live there. But Marseille ..... do me a favour!
    Now if I lived in Thamesmead it'd be a no brainer, but I live in and love Cornwall, except for the sh*tty weather today lol
  • Im with AFKA
    Majorca for me. 
  • Im with AFKA
    Majorca for me. 
    Isn't Majorca full of people who rob banks?
  • Im with AFKA
    Majorca for me. 
    I’ll  start looking Starinn for a granny annex :-) 
  • New Zealand for the lifestyle and scenery or Malaysia as a more "value for money" destination
  • Maldives
  • Somewhere cheap like Albania 
  • edited September 2019
    Very happy with my non-crime related new life in Canada, but if I could pick anywhere it'd be New Zealand, probably Kaikoura or maybe somewhere on the Marlborough Sound.

Although, really, if I'm on the run, I'd need it to be somewhere without an extradition treaty
  • Dominican Republic. Caribbean lifestyle and no threat of extradition.
  • Sponsored links:

• Another one for Majorca. Stunning island and Palma is one of my favourite cities.
  • Pacific islands. No doubt 
  •  There are 33 countries with which Britain does not have an extradition agreement: Afghanistan, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Belarus, Bhutan, Cameroon, China, Dominican Republic, Egypt, Ethiopia, Georgia, Iran, Japan, Kazakhstan, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Madagascar, Mongolia, Namibia, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar, Russia, Saudi Arabia, South Korea, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, UAE, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Venezuela and Yemen are all potential havens for British criminals.

I would have to choose Dominican Republic out of those. Easy enough to hide amongst the transient tourist population without arousing suspicions. 
  • edited September 2019
    Stig said:
    Dominican Republic. Caribbean lifestyle and no threat of extradition.
    The scenario described is exactly what happened to me. I thought hard for 4 minutes 55 seconds and blurted out "Dominican Republic". Twelve years later and I am still here. I cannot think of anywhere I should have gone instead, though I have been tempted by Kenya and Haiti.

Stig is wrong about no extradition, however. EU citizens do get extradited from time to time.

* I see that MrOneLung says the same as Stig. It may be that the UK does not have the automatic right to extract UK nationals, but it must be that they can, with a good case, lean on the DR authorities to deport culprits back to their country of origin because Brits have been sent back duing my time here. Anyway, a fat bribe will get anything done on this island.
  • Canada. Specifically Vancouver. 
  • HA, pays to be American for once. My boring answer is England, preferably somewhere in Kent.

If I were to be more creative, I'll go for the land of my kin, Poland. Marry me a nice catholic, polish lass, and spend my days drinking Lech and watching footy. Doesn't sound half bad lads!