Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

+++Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all Lifers+++

I'll do a 'through the year' article a little later, but on behalf of Lookout and I, we would like to wish everyone a wonderful Christmas and a happy and healthy New Year period all Lifers and their families.

Its been a challenging year. Our football club is in an awful mess, and coupled with a bleak economic situation its not been the best of backdrops for sustaining a positive and enjoyable forum. Additionally, we also had a major problem with our forum not being able to cope with the level of traffic it was getting. We finally managed to improve that aspect, though our influence on team affairs, interest and inflation rates is sadly limited.

Despite our team continuing in to decline in the past 12 months, in Charlton Life 'world' the last year has seen:

Our membership grow significantly, and with it the traffic of our forum. We now receive traffic-wise in 6 weeks which a year ago we were doing in 6 months.
We successfully managed to continue our very proud links with Demelza, raising money through the Points Competition and our group half marathon, once again beating our fundraising targets.
We also instigated the amazing group bet with Holmesdale.net that very much looks like we're going to have to dip into our pockets for.
We also through our members managed to sponsor to both JonJo Shelvey and Andy Gray this season.
We've held numerous informal drinks, organised a screening of the Play-off final with Sacha Illic guesting
We also organised a cracking coach and day our at Ipswich, despite another poor performance on the road.
We have organised football games for our members against Burnley and Ipswich supporters.
We successfully launched a golf society with Keith Peacock guesting, that will continue to grow in 2009
We had Peter Varney use this outlet to thank fans for his time at the club, and we have also seen one of the Chairman sign up and contribute. Our members have helped make this the place to get informed Charlton opinion, even if it largely moaning of late !
Our weekly Points Prediction Competition continues to grow with each year, with 2008/09 having over 100 participants

Through ups and downs, whether you're a doom and gloomer, or rose-tinted optimist, a right-wing cyclist, or a left-footed vegetarian, we've largely managed to stay with it and respect other people's views, which is essential in any forum being successful.

So thank you to those who have participated or contributed to our fund raising attempts, contributed articles to the Blog, suggested or organised any of the above events, been one of our Admin team who do a really fantastic, and largely unseen and unthankful job in helping us administrate the forum, bought Amazon products through our shop link helping to offset the running costs a little, started discussions, added comments, provided support for someone who posted a problem, or simply lurked in the background....

Thank you all for your commitment and for helping this little outlet of Addickness function successfully, and here's hoping we get a little bit of cheer in 2009 that we all as decent fans so richly deserve.

Charlton till I Die.
Lookout and AFKA

Comments

• And to you a lookie & Barts,this site much to my wife's disgust has become a integral part of my life.I have 1/2 hour's more posting then thats me done as my laptop at home has gone tits up.To all lifers have a good one and let's hope 2009 is better for our wonderful club.

CHARLTON TILL I DIE
  • Have a top Christmas all Charlton fans and peace and prosperity to you next year.

Thank you Barts, Lookie and the gang.

Here's to a brighter 2009. Up the Addicks.
  • Wishing all the "Charltonlife family" a very Happy Christmas and a Happy and Healthy New Year.
  • Merry Crimbo everyone.

Hope Santa brings you everything you want.

COYR.
  • bollox
    humbug
    pah
  • christmas_funny_pictures_03%5B1%5D.jpg

Merry Xmas everyone.

Adam the Addick
  • [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]
    bottox
    humbugs
    pahdew

Odd Christmas wish list mate.
  • [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]bollox
    humbug
    pah

I Pity the Fool, who dont enjoy Crimbo...

christmas_funny_pictures_09.jpg
  • that santa is quailty

i do enjoy xmas but every xmas thread needs a scrooge its all about ying and yang
  • cheers Barts gonna miss this site when I get my badge - you do a sterling job.

Merry Christmas to you all.
  • Sponsored links:

• Merry christmas everyone

Looking forward to more golfing shenanigans next year
    Looking forward to meeting some more of you nutters
    Looking forward to my first Christmas with my amazing daughter

And of course - looking forward to a vast improvement in the fortunes of my team regardless of division

Charlton til I die!!!!!
    Steve
  • [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]cheers Barts gonna miss this site when I get my badge - you do a sterling job.

Merry Christmas to you all.

iPhone is your friend dude! I'm on here more than ever because of it!
  • Merry christmas everyone......

have a blinder, I for one and going fishing ; )

thanks for all the hard work....

Jon
  • Yes, Happy Christmas to all Charlton Lifers and a big thanks to all the admin team for giving us all the chance to air our views and opinions, and generally talk about all things Charlton. Have a great New Year everyone.
  • [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]when I get my badge

Don't mention the badges! ;-)

Happy, Happy Christmas all!
  • Happy holidays from Whistler...
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: LoOkOuT[/cite][quote aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0][cite aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]when I get my badge[/quote]

Happy, Happy Christmas all![/quote]

Yeah its all about the badges

Merry Xmas one and all
  • I know I'm always moaning and whinging, but.....sod it !

Happy Christmas fellow lifers,
    and heres to 3 points in the New Year !!

MOG.
  • Merry christmas & happy new year to all charlton fans......

"KEEP CALM and CARRY ON"
  • Seasons Greetings to one and all.

Have a very, merry Christmas and a prosperous, peaceful and happy new year

Up the Addicks

Valley Mac
  • Sponsored links:

• Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all of my Charlton Life friends...
    May the New Year be a damn site better for all concerned, both personally and football related...

Yid Army
  • A Happy and Peaceful Christmas to you all and all the best for 2009.
  • I would like to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
  • edited December 2008
    Merry Christmas to All

and a wonderful new year ;o)

Cheers to all lifers for make supporting cafc that much more bearable - it has been a great year meeting you all!
  • Merry Christmas all Lifers, well done to all the chaps and chapesses who give up their spare time to keep Charlton Life up and running. Lets hope we stay up and build from there in 2009!
  • Seasons greetings fellow Lifers, it's amazing how much this site has taken over my life, much to my wife's disgust (you're not the only one Steve).

Let's hope that the dawning of a new year brings new prosperity and a little bit of luck to that bunch of hapless no-hopers we all follow through rain, shine, snow or tropical heatwave.

I'll even wish my arch nemesis Vic (ex of Charlton, now moved up in the world to Bexleyheath) a happy Christmas, even though he hates my guts because I put him in his place.

As others have so rightly said:

Charlton 'til I die!
  • Merry Xmas and Happy New Year to all

UP THE ADDICKS :)
  • Merry christmas and best wishes for the new year to all.
  • A Very Merry Christmas To One And All , And All The Best For A Prosperous New Year.
    COME ON YOU REDS
  • [cite]Posted By: LoOkOuT[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]when I get my badge

Happy, Happy Christmas all!

I didn't mean that badge meant my taxi one. Will have taken me less time to get that one LOL