Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Players Marks: Charlton Athletic v Leeds United (closes Monday lunchtime)

Comments

• Options
    Phillips: 7 Solid towards the end, couple quality saves throughout
    Solly: 7 Been a long time since he performed so well! Didn't really put a foot wrong!
    Lockyer: 8 Absolutely brilliant at the back some great challenges and push forward with the ball! Got away with the push on Bamford but loved how passionate he was to defend Gallagher!
    Sarr: 7.5 Bit nervy at the beginning but grew into the game was an absolute rock!
    Purrington: 7 Solid if not spectacular put in a shift!
    Pratley: 8.5 Never lets us down! Pure experience and know how that will win us points purely by his game management and the effort he puts in!
    Cullen: 7 Quiet first half grew into the game and became more involved.
    Gallagher: 9 Man of the match for me! Tireless and constantly nagging Leeds players on the ball! Touch of composure and quality when on the ball also! Quality display! 
    Leko: 7 Great to see the pace and running but just lacks that last bit of quality in the final third for me! Seemed a bit distracted by whatever White said to him!
    Williams: 7.5 Reliable as always brings a bit of composure and quality on the ball. Tough in that midfield today but did well as always!
    Bonne: 6 Yes he got a goal (without knowing much about it) but just feel he doesn't quite have the quality... he was much better today than he was against Forest green rovers! Room to improve 
    Aneke: 6 Absolute unit as always! Get the fitness levels up and we will have a player!

Referee: 5 He started so well, we actually won a lot of free kicks which doesn't happen to often at the valley, but felt he should have booked quite a few Leeds players early on for persistent fouling, Bamford should have been sent off... although Lockyer was lucky to stay on for the push! So will accept that! Still find it laughable we ended up with more bookings! 

• Options
    Phillips: 8
    Solly: 8
    Lockyer: 8.5
    Sarr: 8.5
    Purrington: 7.5
    Pratley: 8
    Cullen: 7.5
    Gallagher: 9 MOM
    Leko: 7.5
    Williams: 8.5
    Bonne: 8
    Aneke: 7
    Referee: 6
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Phillips: 9.5 WHO DARE DOUBT MY GOALKEEPER
    Solly: 8 As I said before the game, I was worried, but he did really pretty well
    Lockyer: 9 Monster performance from an increasingly superb signing
    Sarr: 9 Every bit the warrior as the man he's replaced. Ended some doubts about playing in a back 3 as well. Belongs at this level (at least)
    Purrington: 8 Helder Costa, more like Helder Yesterday's News
    Pratley: 8.5 Looked a bit off the pace for ten minutes in midfield, moved back to CB, utterly imperious (one crude foul aside) - I have misjudged him, clearly. We have four superb CB options now. 
    Cullen: 7.5 wasn't so great first half but became more important as the game went on
    Gallagher: 9 If every young player had his attitude and drive England would be nailed-on 2026 world champions
    Leko: 7.5 A fun and active player who needs to learn a few things. +1 for popping up in the six-yard box, Johnny on the spot, to clear one off the line. Absolutely no idea how that happened
    Williams: 7.5 Won lots of fouls
    Bonne: 7.5 Decent hold-up play. Had no idea about his goal (if it was his goal, which is now in doubt) but...well, it was meant to be
    Aneke: 7.5 Looked a seriously good option. Could have helped us settle it with some better decisions
    Referee: 8 thought he handled the game really well, a couple of missed corner/throw decisions aside. The foul on Gallagher was borderline red but he made the right decision for the game
    Nailed it. Same marks for me please.  Tempted to dock Leko one point for his retaliatory stamp but I won’t as I appear to be the only person who saw it. 
  • Options
    Phillips: 8.5
    Sarr: 7.5
    Pratley: 8.5
    Cullen: 8.5
    Gallagher: 8.5
    Leko: 7
    Williams: 8.5
    Bonne: 7
    Aneke: 8
    Referee: 4.5
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Solly: 7
    Lockyer: 8
    Sarr: 8
    Purrington: 7
    Pratley: 7
    Cullen: 7
    Gallagher:9
    Williams: 7
    Referee: 4 corrupt refereeing too many obvious errors went to leeds screwing us several times.

Fields: n/a
    Pearce: n/a

• Options
    Phillips: 7.5
    Solly: 8.5
    Lockyer: 9
    Pratley: 8.5
    Cullen: 8
    Gallagher: 9.5 
    Williams: 7.5
    Aneke: 6.5
  • Options
    Phillips: 8 - good game, one mistake under the high ball but recovered well and punched it away. 
    Sarr: 8.5 - his ability to bring out the ball and find a pass got us out from under pressure a few times and made Leeds' closing down less effective. 
    Purrington: 8
    Pratley: 7.5
    Gallagher: 9
    Williams: 8
    Bonne: 7.5
    Aneke: 7 - worked hard but needs a better final ball if he's going to play behind the strikers in a Williams / Otzumer type role
    Referee: 7.5 - good game but can't understand how Bamford wasn't sent off for a deliberate kick through Gallagher after the ball had been played. 
  • Options
    Phillips: 9
    Referee: 

• Options
    At the Valley or from a live stream your marks please:

Phillips: 6.5....0.5 docked for very poor kicking 2nd half
    Solly:   7
    Sarr:   7
    Leko:  7.5 .....0.5 extra for that block in the 1st half
    Aneke: 7.5
    Referee: 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Phillips:  7.5
    Solly:  7
    Lockyer:  8
    Sarr:  7
    Purrington:  7
    Pratley:   8
    Cullen:   7
    Leko:  6.5
    Bonne:  7
    Aneke:  6.5
    Referee:  4
  • Options
    Solly: 7.5
    Leko: 8
    Referee:5
  • Options
    Pratley: 9
    Williams: 9
    Referee: 6.5

Anything less in my opinion does their effort, application, and quality an injustice.
  • Options
    Phillips:  7.5
    Solly:  7.5
    Lockyer:  8
    Sarr:  7.5
    Purrington:  7
    Cullen:  7.5
    Gallagher:  8.5
    Leko:  7.5
    Williams:  7.5
    Bonne:  7.5
    Aneke:  7
    Referee:  4
  • Options
    Phillips - 8. Few decent saves but, despite all of Leeds’ shots, didn’t have much difficult work to do. Distribution was a bit better.
    Solly - 8. When we sold Dijksteel at the start of the season and didn’t replace him I was bricking it to be honest. Solly has proved me wrong. His legs will never go.
    Lockyer - 8.5. What a signing. So good in defence and composed on the ball. Wins a lot of headers despite not being the tallest. Silly booking though.
    Sarr - 8.5. That’s the Sarr we know and love.
    Purrington - 7.5. Didn’t do anything wrong but can’t really remember him doing much of note either (i could be wrong).
    Pratley - 8.5. Enforcer, battler, goes in for every tackle. Puts in a shift in a back 3 and in the holding role in midfield. Love the bloke.
    Cullen - 8. Typical Cullen. Neat and tidy passing with the odd good tackle here and there.
    Gallagher - 9.5. MOTM. The kid’s different gravy. Was absolutely everywhere. He has the right mix of natural ability and determination. Will be starting for Chelsea in a couple of years.
    Leko - 8.5. He beats his man so easily. His decision making improved but still a few times where he can release it sooner. That will come with experience. 
    Williams - 9. Him and Gallagher ran the show in midfield while he was on. He was winning tackles, drawing fouls, beating players, starting attacks and he didn’t give Kalvin Phillips a seconds peace.
    Bonne - 8.5. For someone who’s never started at this level before, he was outstanding. Never stopped running and won a lot in the air. Surprised me to be honest. The goal probably wasn’t his but give it to him anyway, he deserves it. 
    Aneke - 8. Isn’t fit enough to start games, he doesn’t chase much down. But his hold up play is brilliant and he’s got quick feet for such a big player. Always effective off of the bench, especially when we’re holding onto a win.

Field - N/A. Just wanted to mention that block right at the end though. Not the first time he’s done that this season either. Brilliant.
    Pearce - N/A
  • Options
    Solly: 7.5
    Sarr: 7
    Referee: 5  -  7 (first half)  3 (second half)
  • Options
    Phillips: 8 MOM
    Solly: 7
    Lockyer: 7.5 
    Sarr: 7
    Purrington: 6.5
    Cullen: 6.5
    Gallagher: 7
  • Options
    Phillips: 8 - Made some great saves,  a couple of poor kicks.
    Solly: 8 - good game.
    Lockyer: 9 - Gonna be one hell of a player, will be sold for many millions when you consider Webster went for 20 mil from Bristol City.
    Sarr: 8 - Very solid with Lockyer, and made some forward forages too.
    Purrington: 8 - Good play today, actually looked to be positive !.
    Pratley: 7 - played well.
    Cullen: 8 - Great game management from Josh, slowing things down when it needed, and always generally picking the right pass, also pulling fouls at the right time to slow the game down when needed.
    Gallagher: 8 - Good,good game, very energetic - can see why Bowyer relates Conor to himself.
    Leko: 7 - Makes room in key areas with his pace, but seems to have brain fade when he gets a sniff of the goal.
    Williams: 7 - Good, but not one of his best games for us.
    Bonne: 7 - Chased and made himself an outlet - got lucky with goal but will take it !.
    Aneke: 7 - made a nuisance of himself.
    Referee: 7 - Good, but could have stopped the Leeds clogging in first half by making a booking earlier than after about 8 fouls.
  • Options
    At the game.

Solly: 8. 
    Sarr: 8.  
    Gallagher: 9 MOM
    Referee: 6. 

• Options
    Solly: 8. 
    Sarr: 7.5  
    Purrington: 6.5
    Cullen: 7
    Gallagher: 8
    Williams: 6.5
    Aneke: 6.5
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sage said:
    Williams: 9

Anything less in my opinion does their effort, application, and quality an injustice.
    F'kin hell. Now we have "Player marks shaming". ;)
  • Options
    From Lower West Block B

Phillips: 8 - Good performance, as we have come to expect from Dillon.
    Solly: 8 - Like the Solly of old.
    Lockyer: 9 - Great signing consistent every week. 
    Sarr: 8 - Best game I've seen from him for a long time, keep it up!
    Purrington: 7.5 - Solid no mistakes. 
    Pratley: 8 - Impressive.
    Cullen: 8 - Impressive 
    Gallagher: 9 - Brilliant loan signing will really continue to blossom here!
    Leko: 7.5 - Gave 100%, ran his heart out, well done!
    Williams: 8 - Chased, harried and tackles, hope his injury is minor, we need him every game in some part.
    Bonne: 8 - Great first Championship game, he looks a great investment!
    Aneke: 7.5 - I like Chucks good skill for a heavyweight looking guy! 
    Referee: 7 - Give him the benefit of the doubt but should have clamped down on Leeds early fouling, 7 fouls in 1st 15 mins!

Fields: n/a - But a great block
    Pearce: n/a - Just glad he got on even if only for a few minutes.

Have read all the previous scores with interest, how some can give 6.5 for some players,
    wonder if they were watching the same game as me!
  • Options
    Phillips: 8 - good saves but dodgy kicking
    Leko: 6.5
    Aneke: 6
    Referee: 6 - bottled giving Bamford a red card, should of booked a couple of more Leeds players but alright on the whole
  • Options
    I will not fault one player on the pitch today,no one left anything out there and the togetherness of the team was great to see,therefore 10s all round from me.
    Referee gave mostly correct decisions,but as happened against Birmingham,players should have been booked earlier,and then some of our breakout  play would not have been stopped

Referee 6.
  • Options
    Phillips: 7.5 Important saves near the end
    Solly: 8. - Much more like the old Solly 
    Lockyer: 8.5 A real warrior, but shouldn't have got involved for the booking.
    Sarr: 7.5.  Steady enough
    Purrington: 8  A good attacking outlet
    Pratley: 8 Effective, just the sort of game he thrives in.
    Cullen: 8 Always busy
    Gallagher: 9.5 MOM What a player, was everywhere, fantastic attitude
    Leko: 7 A real box of tricks, but doesn't always make the right decision
    Williams: 7.5 Typical hard working performance
    Bonne: 8 - Worked really hard, deserved his goal
    Aneke: 7 - Did OK when he came on
    Referee: 8  - Thought he handled the game well
  • Options

At the Valley

Solly: 9
    Sarr: 9
    Purrington: 9
    Cullen: 9
    Gallagher: 10
    Referee: 5. Was dying to book Phillips and was telling him to hurry up with goal kicks before he had been given the ball back. Unfair bullying that is unacceptable. Should have booked more of their players and sent off Bamford. 

• Options
    Phillips: 8 Those smart early saves gave us the platform for this victory so for that reason narrowly my MOM over Gallagher.

Solly: 7.5 Plenty of life in him yet. W'eve got Chris Solly he's f****** quality

Lockyer: 7.5 Improving match on match and a big part in the goal.

Sarr: 7 An assured performance by the Nabster.

Purrington: 7 Ben's usual 7

Pratley: 7.5 Does the dirty stuff so well and encourages those around him.

Cullen: 7.5 What you expect from Josh. 

Gallagher: 8 Human dynamo. Hope his substitution was tactical and not injury driven.

Leko:  7.5 Worked hard and never hid. Frustrating that he gets away and nothing comes of it but he is learning.

Williams: 7.5 Worked hard and effectively. Just hope he is not injured too badly

Bonne: 7.5 Plenty of industry and in the right place at the right time for the goal. Promising.

Aneke: 7 Came on and put himself about but was struggling towards the end

Referee: 5 Tried to make it about him.
  • Options
    Sarr: 9
    Pratley: 7.6
    Gallagher:7.5
    Referee: 7
  • Options
    Referee: 8
  • Options
    Phillips: 8.5 did everything asked of him and more
    Solly: 8.5 bloody brilliant. Kept that test bamford out the game.
    Lockyer: 8 immense and showed real leadership. Next captain I reckon.
    Sarr: 8 didnt put a foot wrong. That Cruyff turn as the last man was class. Couple of decent moves out from the back.
    Purrington: 8 solid and dealt with their threat well.
    Pratley: 8.5 immense. Did very well in multiple roles. I think he is best when dropping into a back 3. Leadership and organisation as well as serious commitment.
    Cullen: 8 brilliant.
    Gallagher: 9 everywhere. Outplayed their midfield and wanted it more. Won every 50-50 and won a load more he didnt deserve to.
    Leko: 7 good and bad all in one. But worked hard and kept defenders occupied which stopped them doubling up on our full backs. Had a golden opportunity to play either Aneke or Bonne through but went himself and lost it.
    Williams: 8 caused them problems. Was key in that false 9 positition. Kept on at Phillip's and stopped him running the game as he is used to.
    Bonne: 7.5 made himself known, held the ball up well and looked promising. All long balls were aimed at him and he didnt win all of them, but hes not that kind of player and was up against 3 bigger defenders.
    Aneke: 7 game had got pretty fraught by the time he came on. Struggled to have an impact. Did add an extra physical presence which helped and had the odd good foray forward.
    Referee: 1 shocking. Bottle job. Thundercunt.

Fields: n/a more cover for the defense at the end. Good block.
    Pearce: n/a experience helped in the closing stages.