Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Josh Cullen - gone to Burnley, July 2022 (p24)

Comments

• Options
    Hope so. That will be good for us. 
  • Options
    Or could be a ruse to get him to sign s longer deal. Unlikely to get 7 figures for him with six months left on contract.
  • Options
    If Rolly not here one could hope that we offer him a signing on fee with decent wages to stay. If.
  • Options
    West Ham friend at work reckons they'll keep him from January onwards as they're letting Sanchez go.
  • Options
    West Ham friend at work reckons they'll keep him from January onwards as they're letting Sanchez go.
    Nooooooooooooooooooo
  • Options
    Hold on
    We're getting Sanchez instead 
  • Options
    Phil Foden needs minutes in senior football...
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Why does that matter? It's Rice they need to get rid of, for Josh to get a kick...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hold on
    We're getting Sanchez instead 
    We're getting Jack Wilshere. At least he can keep Lewis Page company
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Probably just rumours, but Rice linked in the papers the other day with a £70 million move away.
  • Options
    Cullen like Pratley does a lot of the unsung work on the pitch. Doesn't always get due credit.
  • Options
    Have to admit I was pleasently surprised when I saw it was Cullen who went one v one with the 'keeper towards the end of the First Half on Saturday - Was disappointed but not overly surprised when he didnt score but good to see him getting in those positions for a change

Of course its not his job to score or be in those areas, would have been a nice reward for the work he does though
  • Options
    Cullen like Pratley does a lot of the unsung work on the pitch. Doesn't always get due credit.
    Cullen reminds me a lot of Matt Holland, who was another understated midfield player who never grabbed the headlines but did masses of work on the pitch, but quietly
  • Options
    Thought he was MOM on saturday, goes about his business under the radar, but an incredible player. 
  • Options
    Wasn't their that stat kicking about yesterday that he had the most touches, tackles, passes of a Charlton player for Saturdays game?

Absolute mustard player. We don't get to see it loads because of where he plays in our formation, but when he does play more advanced (Reading for example) he is pretty bloody good at that as well.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I made him my MOM over Bielik at Wembley, and said at the time, if we only get one of them back, I would rather have Cullen
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    I was worried he would struggle with the step up to be perfectly honest, he did last time when he went from Bradford to Bolton.

But he’s oozing class in the middle of the pitch. He’ll be a perfect replacement for Rice when Rice is inevitably flogged to Man U for 60m...
  • Options
    I had absolutely no doubt that Cullen would step up. I don't think he would look out of place in the premier league.

My favourite player. Thought he was outstanding on Saturday.
  • Options
    A choice between Josh or Rice and I know which one I’d rather have. And it isn’t Rice!
  • Options
    My favourite player in a Charlton shirt at the moment. Just think he sums up everything this team has become over the last 12 months. Hard working, tenacious, honest and with bags of ability.

I thought he was poor against Swansea but he's bounced back with a couple of stunning performances. Love him.
    My thoughts exactly, my favourite player whilst he is still here.
  • Options
    I rated him highly early on last season, for me he was one of those who was definitely going to make the step up. He has such a good mix of energy, ability on the ball, awareness and aggression - and he shows it consistently. Works so well in Bowyer's systems as he's neither expected to score goals, be our main creative threat or an out and out defensive midfielder.
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    I suspect West Ham will recall. If he signs a new contract, much will depend on whether they bring anybody else in whether we can get him back. Field and Leko will be interesting too. If WBA fear us they may recall, but they may see them as players who can help us take points from their rivals. The better we do, the more they will see us a s a rival though!

On top of that, If Chelsea have a midfield injury crisis.......
  • Options
    Please stop this now, I was in a really happy Charlton place but now thinking we might lose Gallagher, Cullen, Leko and Field back to their clubs in January and the possibility of Lyle going is bad enough without the rumour of Johnny Williams being out for nine weeks!. No I refuse to think this will be happen lets be positive they will all stay Johnny is ok and onwards and upwards with Bowyers magnificent team COYR.