Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Internet Dating.

123457»

Comments

• Started chatting (via tinder initially) to someone briefly the weekend but properly from Monday eve, got her number got a couple of nice pictures, for her first date she wanted to go out for a meal and drinks/ hotel. At first this seems pretty cool, however I have now just had a sudden thought the initial expense for a first date, yes I will get laid but its a bit over the top if genuine.

Spoke on the phone last night for about 45minutes, so it does feel like it has a lot of potential, although I am in 2 minds as I don't want to spend a fortune on the first date then have to keep doing it in future.  I have just sent a text message (awaiting response, she is on the school run) look I know I was going to book a hotel etc. but I do think this is a bit much on a first date surely we can do a meal and drinks and without any doubts we can arrange something for next time. She lives on her own with 2 children so if she effectively wanted some and got horny surely that's an option anyway.... I live at home with my parents(looking to move out)

Am I silly, or do you think its reasonable? I will keep you updated

Are we talking Wetherspoons, Wimpy, Travelodge in Woolwich or something more upmarket?

Nope I am not that cheap lol whatever really a nice Chinese/ Italian and go to a bar for some drinks. Nothing to extravagant either

She has responded saying its fine, its up to me etc. and seems pretty normal still. I say that loosely as you don't know until you meet someone, I don't really get that nervous/anxious really so I wont overthink the situation. I will just go with the flow and see what happens, I am not the most organised person unless its to do with arranging pool matches...

You mentioned she is a mum of two JB, I would assume hotels and extra late nights would have to be sorted at her end with any baby sitting arrangements she is making so a few drinks and a meal on the first date might be the way to go. 
  • Started chatting (via tinder initially) to someone briefly the weekend but properly from Monday eve, got her number got a couple of nice pictures, for her first date she wanted to go out for a meal and drinks/ hotel. At first this seems pretty cool, however I have now just had a sudden thought the initial expense for a first date, yes I will get laid but its a bit over the top if genuine.

Spoke on the phone last night for about 45minutes, so it does feel like it has a lot of potential, although I am in 2 minds as I don't want to spend a fortune on the first date then have to keep doing it in future.  I have just sent a text message (awaiting response, she is on the school run) look I know I was going to book a hotel etc. but I do think this is a bit much on a first date surely we can do a meal and drinks and without any doubts we can arrange something for next time. She lives on her own with 2 children so if she effectively wanted some and got horny surely that's an option anyway.... I live at home with my parents(looking to move out)

Are we talking Wetherspoons, Wimpy, Travelodge in Woolwich or something more upmarket?

Nope I am not that cheap lol whatever really a nice Chinese/ Italian and go to a bar for some drinks. Nothing to extravagant either

She has responded saying its fine, its up to me etc. and seems pretty normal still. I say that loosely as you don't know until you meet someone, I don't really get that nervous/anxious really so I wont overthink the situation. I will just go with the flow and see what happens, I am not the most organised person unless its to do with arranging pool matches...

That’s more like it, Anything including a hotel would be hundreds for a night out.
    My advice in that case would have been a cheap week in Magaluf and fill yer boots with fat northern birds.
    This one might be.
    If she is, a Wigan kebab, 4 wkds and a 10 pack of B&H and he's in

Mate, you have overthunk this

Book the hotel, shes a single mother who will appreciate the gesture. She doesn't have to stay there if she finds you repulsive. 

Women are a lot more forward and empowered to the sense that they don't give a shit if they kiss a few frogs because it's a lot more open nowadays and easy to get through the frogs and their odds of meeting someone they like enough to have sex with more than once. You know what as well, you might like her too

Kiss them frogs Johnny
  • She actually asked you to book a hotel on the first date?  What if you can’t stand the site of each other? 
  • Curb_It said:
    She actually asked you to book a hotel on the first date?  What if you can’t stand the site of each other? 
    Go on tinder again and say I have a hotel room for the night.
  • JiMMy 85 said:
     a really boring girl with cross-eyes
    Obviously, you wasn't in far enough.
    Brilliant.
  • Sponsored links:

• DA 9 good for you mate.Keep on keeping on

Have to say glad im not in it will be part on the internet dating thing a minefield.However let's be clear women have always had the power to make the first move it's not come along because of the cyber World.
  • edited November 2019
    Was going to say in my youth I was lucky enough to have seen that on a good few occasions.

Bexley in the Kingshead on a Sunday at 7:30 a lady called Sally walks up to me and suggests as her parents were away maybe I would like to go back to her place NOW ! I left with there as my mates arrived.

Or Flicks Dartford two ladies wander up and after a drink or two suggest we go back to where they were staying ---- Memorial Hospital nurses accommodation.I actually stayed there on and off for months with Jane and Emma (separately)my mum even had the number of the pay phone in the hostel to contact me.

Room at the Top Ilford .Lady comes over asks if I drink vodka ,I say I do ,she says good as she had brought me a vodka !! Then asks if I would help here clean up her parents caravan near Burnham on Crouch ???? But we had to go right then.We did .She drove in more ways than one.

Club up town a stunning lady Italian/Irish Theresa asks me if I'd like to go to the VIP section with her --- of course -----then back to her dad's gaff in Bickley--- double drives huge gaff. Wow.She tells me she is seeing someone did I mind ?she gave me a gold identity bracelet when we "split up"

At a big family do I was talking to my Aunt when my Cousin (a former head girl at a top school) says "don't ask him.who he is courting Mum  tarts throw themselves at him" !!!!!!! Nice. My Uncle says " when we going out for a drink ? "

Now I'm no George Clooney etc etc and I have been happily married for 25 years i do wonder why those things (there were many more than the adove) happened. Luck ? Not looks. I think that possibly you can give off Karisma (sic) maybe stand hold yourself different ---- I lost it long ago whatever it was.

The very last time it happened was at a class reunion.It was at a big boozer in Wilmington.Chatting to old faces when a tall lady comes up to me starts chatting i tell her I'm sorry I don't know her.She says she wasn't in our class,or year,but she herd about the reunion and came to see if I would be there !!!!! We were booked to go for a meal however she didn't want to go to the meal only back to her place .So we did. Few days later a mate phones asking who was the Nicol Kidman i disappeared with ?

Back to internet dating watch CATFISH on MTV that's a guide to what can happen
  • DA 9 good for you mate.Keep on keeping on

Have to say glad im not in it will be part on the internet dating thing a minefield.However let's be clear women have always had the power to make the first move it's not come along because of the cyber World.
    Cheers mate 
  • Was going to say in my youth I was lucky enough to have seen that on a good few occasions.

Bexley in the Kingshead on a Sunday at 7:30 a lady called Sally walks up to me and suggests as her parents were away maybe I would like to go back to her place NOW ! I left with there as my mates arrived.

Or Flicks Dartford two ladies wander up and after a drink or two suggest we go back to where they were staying ---- Memorial Hospital nurses accommodation.I actually stayed there on and off for months with Jane and Emma (separately)my mum even had the number of the pay phone in the hostel to contact me.

Room at the Top Ilford .Lady comes over asks if I drink vodka ,I say I do ,she says good as she had brought me a vodka !! Then asks if I would help here clean up her parents caravan near Burnham on Crouch ???? But we had to go right then.We did .She drove in more ways than one.

Club up town a stunning lady Italian/Irish Theresa asks me if I'd like to go to the VIP section with her --- of course -----then back to her dad's gaff in Bickley--- double drives huge gaff. Wow.She tells me she is seeing someone did I mind ?she gave me a gold identity bracelet when we "split up"

At a big family do I was talking to my Aunt when my Cousin (a former head girl at a top school) says "don't ask him.who he is courting Mum  tarts throw themselves at him" !!!!!!! Nice. My Uncle says " when we going out for a drink ? "

Now I'm no George Clooney etc etc and I have been happily married for 25 years i do wonder why those things (there were many more than the adove) happened. Luck ? Not looks. I think that possibly you can give off Karisma (sic) maybe stand hold yourself different ---- I lost it long ago whatever it was.

The very last time it happened was at a class reunion.It was at a big boozer in Wilmington.Chatting to old faces when a tall lady comes up to me starts chatting i tell her I'm sorry I don't know her.She says she wasn't in our class,or year,but she herd about the reunion and came to see if I would be there !!!!! We were booked to go for a meal however she didn't want to go to the meal only back to her place .So we did. Few days later a mate phones asking who was the Nicol Kidman i disappeared with ?

Back to internet dating watch CATFISH on MTV that's a guide to what can happen
    I e been told in the last few months by 2-3 different women that most women can sense when you have your mojo working, married or not, and that’s an attraction apparently

come on ladies, opinions please 
  • edited November 2019
    Mojo is as good a word for it mate.My opinion it's SOMETHING.  How about this then.

I was about 20 Lyceum Ballroom Saturday night.Got the last train from Charting X 2am ish. Met four girls going to Abbeywood.Night cap at one of theirs. just me and a mate .Getting friendly when door opens lady (mum) walks in and says" ok I'm ordering cabs every go home it's late" .Cab comes she's points to my mate and the girls and says your cabs here. All stand up.Her "not you they only had one available".I sit down.
    She comes back in sits down stares at me and says " I'm a gypsy and I want to tell your fortune" !!!!!!!------ I'm going to die in Abbeywood with a Pikeys Mrs !!!!

She gives me three ways for her to tell my fortune one of which is tarot cards -- I chose that. She goes out comes back in wearing a long Silk robe and throws same at me tells me to wear it !!!! I did.

Deals the cards a few times .Her robe hide nothing. I'm still expecting Mr Pikey to burst in.

She said I had "sight" and she could see it ? Tells my fortune

She had sent her daughter out in the taxi (i didn't know that at the time) ,there was also no Mr Pikey.She was a MILF so I did !!

Went straight from there picked up football gear and went to play .Getting changed fecking up roar about my back ------- looked like I had been flogged ! No recollection that at all.

PS  "sight" clearly don't work re football.!

• Carter said:

Started chatting (via tinder initially) to someone briefly the weekend but properly from Monday eve, got her number got a couple of nice pictures, for her first date she wanted to go out for a meal and drinks/ hotel. At first this seems pretty cool, however I have now just had a sudden thought the initial expense for a first date, yes I will get laid but its a bit over the top if genuine.

Book the hotel, shes a single mother who will appreciate the gesture. She doesn't have to stay there if she finds you repulsive. 

Women are a lot more forward and empowered to the sense that they don't give a shit if they kiss a few frogs because it's a lot more open nowadays and easy to get through the frogs and their odds of meeting someone they like enough to have sex with more than once. You know what as well, you might like her too

Kiss them frogs Johnny

Not really, just thinking about money side of things :)

UPDATE: She has responded all fine, we still chatted late last night for a while and we are still going out for drinks and a meal. unsure what crazy lies ahead but well see, she did say she stopped texting someone as she sees more potential with me, I was like fair enough.

I am not shy or worried about rejection that's not why I cancelled the hotel plans I just felt its a bit too much and not my general budget so at least something to work towards. I am not too bothered if I get any or not, probably will though.

I just hate messing people about that's the only thing I have overthunk really, seems to be no issue.

• Just take it as it comes and enjoy yourself. I mean what could go wrong..
  • Carter said:

Started chatting (via tinder initially) to someone briefly the weekend but properly from Monday eve, got her number got a couple of nice pictures, for her first date she wanted to go out for a meal and drinks/ hotel. At first this seems pretty cool, however I have now just had a sudden thought the initial expense for a first date, yes I will get laid but its a bit over the top if genuine.

Kiss them frogs Johnny

Not really, just thinking about money side of things :)

UPDATE: She has responded all fine, we still chatted late last night for a while and we are still going out for drinks and a meal. unsure what crazy lies ahead but well see, she did say she stopped texting someone as she sees more potential with me, I was like fair enough.

I am not shy or worried about rejection that's not why I cancelled the hotel plans I just felt its a bit too much and not my general budget so at least something to work towards. I am not too bothered if I get any or not, probably will though.

I just hate messing people about that's the only thing I have overthunk really, seems to be no issue.

My one piece of advice.......dont expect to go back to hers. She suggested a hotel for a reason.. ..her kids. She does not want you in her house meeting them at 6am when they burst into her bedroom (as kids do). So please dont put her in an awful situation & make sure you stay well away from her house......even if you start dating her seriously.

I would have taken her up on her offer & booked a hotel room. But hey ho.....
  • Good advice, When I first got invited to my “new” young ladies place, and although her two sons are late teens and early 20’s, (me, early 50’s, her late 40’s) so bursting in was unlikely,  I still tactfully suggested that I sleep on the sofa etc, but she said no need, if it goes down that road, let her do the decision and rule making, even discuss it with her first, she will appreciate your thoughtfulness 
  • Sponsored links:

• Curb_It said:
    She actually asked you to book a hotel on the first date?  What if you can’t stand the site of each other? 
    Always babestation??
  • Curb_It said:
    Always babestation??

"Hi there caller, you're through to Babestation. What's your name, sexy?"

"Michael. My name's Michael."

"Nice name. My stepdad's called Michael."

"Yeah, I kn... err, rub your tits a bit more for me, please."

• I know someone who did this, they said 90% of the women in NE Kent were blondes.