Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

CARD: a final word and free red-and-white scarves on Saturday (11.30am)

edited November 2019 in General Charlton
A message from a friend...

The Coalition Against Roland Duchatelet (CARD) warmly welcomes the news that Charlton Athletic will have new owners, East Street Investments, and the commitment they have made to manager Lee Bowyer and promise to engage with fans’ groups.
Over the last 18 months Bowyer has restored much of the credibility of the club and enabled many supporters, previously alienated by the disrespect, ineptitude and sheer stupidity of the Duchatelet regime, to re-engage with the team.
As a result, the club is well placed to move forward under new owners, subject of course to their approval by the EFL. We hope that all supporters will now get firmly behind the new administration so that Charlton can advance again.
CARD was formed in January 2016 as an umbrella group bringing together a variety of organisations, groups, platforms and individuals, because it had become clear to all of them that Duchatelet’s ownership was beyond redemption.
We are deeply grateful to all the volunteers who helped us deliver the protests that followed and which helped cement the national and international media’s understanding of the issues at our club, as well as push Duchatelet to a point where he was willing to sell.
It has been a long and frustrating wait, but with the sale of the club CARD’s job is done. It is for the elements that made up the coalition, particularly the Charlton Athletic Supporters’ Trust, to take matters forward and build relationships with the new owners.
As with the Valley Party in the 1990s, we should all be proud to say that Charlton fans did not stand idly by when the future of their club was under threat. 
We do, however, have one final task to perform. For almost two years we have been holding 1,000 red-and-white scarves ready for this moment to symbolically replace the black-and-white protest ones we previously distributed.
These will be available, free of charge, from 11.30am on Saturday by the big Charlton badge at the back of the Covered End. 
CARD thanks you for your ideas, support and resilience over the last four years and encourages everyone to join us at The Valley tomorrow for one hell of a celebration.
Come on, you Reds!

Comments

• Try and get a few more...
  • will be picking one of these up. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Love this. Yessssss!!!!!!
  • Cheers.

For info, CASSBTAN won't have the same ring to it!

:-)

• Thank you CARD.
  • Macronate said:
    Just walked past the stadium and took this of the queue forming by the big Charlton badge:

haha! (I've just been down there and it's really quiet....)
  • Guys are we 100% sure this is not a scam / hoax?

I've had an email 'purporting' to be from Charlton re the takeover and they've spelt it East Stand Investements!
  • You should hold off on the scarfs until the EFL agree.
  • Farewell, CARD.  Walk proudly into the sunset.  All who contributed, no matter how much or how little, can hold their heads high.

Right, who's ready for CAESI?
  • Save one for me @Airman Brown, pretty please!
  • Sponsored links:

I've had an email 'purporting' to be from Charlton re the takeover and they've spelt it East Stand Investements!
    Inept til the very last breath 
  • Well done CARD, been happy to contribute in my small way. 
  • Sincere thanks to everyone involved. 
    (and a large helping of humble pie for me, as I always denied that he was willing to sell)
  • so, whens that party? 

Yes I noticed that and thought the same!

Typical Charlton fans!

Let's hope it's out of the frying pan and a long way from the fire.
  • I hope our relationship with the sheikh goes well... 

CASSBTBMAN doesn't quite have the same ring to it.