Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

++ Beram Kayal signs a season long loan (ed. oh no he doesn't)++

Comments

• I just got a boner thinking about a midfielder of Kayal, Williams, Cullen and Aneke

Not too sure about Aneke. Only seen him twice now and he's not the fastest thing on two legs. Don't want to judge him on last night's game really as he came on just when Forrest were getting control. Certainly will scare the shite out of most central defenders though!
  • when will he be fit i see he was out eating in brighton last night. 
    Sooner rather then later...hopefully.
  • edited August 2019
    when will he be fit i see he was out eating in brighton last night. 

Poor show.
    Why he couldn't have dined in the Charlton cafe or the Chinese opposite is disappointing to hear 
    I guess it's just not Kosher.

• I heard he was in the OXO tower

Poor show.
    Why he couldn't have dined in the Charlton cafe or the Chinese opposite is disappointing to hear 
    I guess it's just not Kosher.

Doubt he'd be too worried about whether the food was kosher

: - )
  • hopefully hot salt beef sarnies will now be available at The Valley num num

• Bowyer said in his interview that both Kayal and Hemed are training and available..... it’s just when they are ready in the sense of match fit by Bowyers standards
  • Bowyer said in his interview that both Kayal and Hemed are training and available..... it’s just when they are ready in the sense of match fit by Bowyers standards
    By Bow's standards, I wouldn't expect to see them starting for a month.

A few sub appearances, perhaps.

But then he said similar about Oztumer
  • Sponsored links:

Very true. But Oztumer had, at least, played a league game this season.
  • Some of the team against Forest were out on their feet at the end.

It was a Wednesday game, so the players have a day less in which to recover.
    Bow will want to choose a starting 11 full of energy ..... so the one certainty is that there will be fresh legs.

It might also mean if they are fit enough, one or both of the Israelis are on the bench?
  • Oggy Red said:
    Some of the team against Forest were out on their feet at the end.

Bow will want to choose a starting 11 full of energy ..... so the one certainty is that there will be fresh legs.

It might also mean if they are fit enough, one or both of the Israelis are on the bench?
    Brentford in the same boat, so no excuses
  • ross1 said:
    Oggy Red said:

Brentford were also away to Leeds and lost!

Very true. But Oztumer had, at least, played a league game this season.
    And was limited to 60 minutes.
  • Redrobo said:
    ross1 said:
    Oggy Red said:

Brentford were also away to Leeds and lost!
    Im always wary of teams that have just lost

Take Forest for example who'd just beaten Birmingham, they came to the Valley and almost played in a way that looked as though they only had to show up for the three points

Brentford on the other hand will be different, they'll need the three points after just the one win this season and will want to try and bounce back after the Leeds defeat

• ross1 said:
    Oggy Red said:

Yeah, but we did play an exceptionally high energy, high pressing game - and started to flag even before Forest equalised. That will have taken it's toll of some players.

As I said, I reckon Bowyer will pick fresh legs versus Brentford.
    He's also said, "Williams will 100% start"; I wouldn't be surprised if there were up to 4 changes to the starting lineup.

And could the Israeli lads be fit enough to be considered at least for the bench tomorrow?

• Oggy Red said:
    ross1 said:
    Oggy Red said:

Yeah, but we did play an exceptionally high energy, high pressing game - and started to flag even before Forest equalised. That will have taken it's toll of some players.

As I said, I reckon Bowyer will pick fresh legs versus Brentford.
    He's also said, "Williams will 100% start"; I wouldn't be surprised if there were up to 4 changes to the starting lineup.

And could the Israeli lads be fit enough to be considered at least for the bench tomorrow?

But they had to travel and we were at home, all to be counted, but you may be right although I only expect 3 changes and Hemed on the bench  :)
  • edited September 2019
    @angelakayal on Instagram. Looks like his kids had fun at the Valley today wearing their Charlton kits.
  • Sponsored links:

• Oh thats a shame for Leko!!
  • Good riddance where Kayal is concerned. What a waste of limited resources!
  • Maybe he could be added to the worst team of the decade thread? Add Hemed as well.
  • I know absolutely nothing but something just doesn’t sit right with me about the Brighton two.  Complete and utter wastes of space for us.  Think we’ve been sold a pair of pups despite their previous reputations. 
  • Wastes of money thus far absolutely, I do not feel we have been mis-sold them. I think it's just been shit timing. I am more confused by Kayal than Hemed.

Hemed simply isn't fit and Bowyer knew this. Kayal, however, has been fit and has played. So what's gone wrong with him?