Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Best Charlton moments of the decade

edited December 2019 in General Charlton
Can we name a team with stand out moments in the last decade from every position? The players themselves don't necessarily have to be the best of the decade, but the moments they were a part of are. I'll start with an easy one... BFG.

GK: Ben Amos (saves at Bradford and Shrewsbury) - iamdan
       Dillon Phillips (penalty save in play offs) - JoshAddick

RB: Chris Solly (last minute equaliser at Luton last year) - cafctom and AddicksAddict

LB: Lewis Page (Plymouth goal in Bowyer's first game as manager) - SouthWest_Addicks 

CB: Patrick Bauer (90+4)

CB: Naby Sarr (last minute goal at QPR) - cafctom

RM: Jóhann Berg Guðmundsson (boxing day equalising goal v Cardiff) - Pelling1993 and Simonsen

LM: Johnnie Jackson (QPR goal and freekicks against the two Sheffield clubs) - bobmunro and Valiantphil

CM: Darren Pratley (goal against Doncaster in play offs) - Horsfield9
       Krystian Bielik (goal in last game of 18/19 season) - AddicksAddict

CM: Yoni Buyens (penalty conversion rate in 14/15 season) - stig

ST: BWP (promotion goal at Carlisle) - AddicksAddict 
      Tony Watt (corner time wasting antics) - Laddick01

ST: Yann Kermorgant (volley against Hartlepool) - MrOneLung 

Additional:

Charlton Upbeats (victory parade v Derby) - SoundAsa£

Comments

• edited December 2019
    Left Back: Page goal against Plymouth to kick start the Lee Bowyer era.
  • JJ's last minute goal against QPR.
  • CM Darren Pratley - for his goal  in the play off semi at the Valley.
  • edited December 2019
    RB: Chris Solly scoring a rare goal with an injury time equaliser against Luton

(Edit: Just read that back to myself and realised how sparse the great moments must have been for me to go with that)
  • BWP - promotion goal at Carlisle. 
  • Solly - equaliser v Luton last year. 
  • Amos saves v Bradford away and Shrewsbury away.
  • I’m gonna say it.....

Naby Sarr scoring in the 95th minute away at QPR after getting pelters all game.
  • Beilik - last game of the season, slaloms through to slide in THE goal that puts us up to third so we get Donny in the play-offs. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Tony Watt has to be in here for either the corner antics vs Forest or that performance vs Huddersfield 

Poor attitude but unplayable at times.
  • Manager - Bowyer being appointed. 

CEO - Katie buggering off. 

Owner - Roland following her example. 
  • gk phillips penalty save vs marquis in play off semi final 
  • RM - Johann Gudmonsson pile-driver v Cardiff....(I think)
  • Not sure if the fact that so many are recent is because of recency bias or because the last 10 years have been generally very bleak. 
  • Mine isn’t actually a piece of football action.
    It was in fact The Upbeats half time victory parade when they went round the pitch once as planned and then, totally unabashed, set off yet again despite the comical fruitless efforts of stewards and Upbeats staff to call them back, no way, the lads were having none of it and off they went.
    I can’t remember the oppo that day but to their credit they laughed and cheered along with the rest of us.
    A treasured moment, when I found out that it’s possible to laugh and cry at the same time.
    Derby, I think.
  • Jacko free kicks against Sheffield - take your pick. 
    Love Jacko to bits.
  • Sponsored links:

• Laddick01 said:
    Not sure if the fact that so many are recent is because of recency bias or because the last 10 years have been generally very bleak. 
    The latter. 2011/12 and 2018/19 have been the only good seasons this decade
  • edited December 2019
    cafctom said:
    RB: Chris Solly scoring a rare goal with an injury time equaliser against Luton

(Edit: Just read that back to myself and realised how sparse the great moments must have been for me to go with that)
    I was considering adding the last minute penalty v Accrington from Grant. Then you say it in your head and think is one of the best moments of the decade really a last minute penalty against Accrington Stanley?

But the reality is that we've spent more time in League One than the Championship this decade so these moments are going to be the stand out moments.

Whilst they might not be glamorous, as a fan you will celebrate them just as passionately as ever. I'd imagine there was the same amount of passion celebrating Igor's last minute winner against Wimbledon last season as there was on Saturday with Sarr's equaliser against QPR, for example.

Makes the club more special in my eyes as you appreciate the good moments more and don't take things for granted. I don't think it's something we should be ashamed of. 
  • To add a managerial one, Powell swinging on the crossbar at Hillsborough!
    Yes that was priceless. "Chrissie Powell's having a party ........"
  • Ripping that fecking sofa up.
  • Jacko and the Cardiff 5-4. "And breathe", as he said after. The prolonged "Chrissy Powell's red and white army" on that day was spine tingling, so the fans have to take credit.  But Jacko understood it. He sensed the crowd and took the rest of the players with him. 
  • Reza’s midweek winner at Elland Road. Any player that shuts up their arrogant f**kwit fans is legendary in my eyes.
  • The Naby tackle.
  • Naby’s tackle.
    Oo-er!
  • LB - Purrington’s Wembley equaliser.