Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

One thing you’d like to see at The Valley when he goes.

The opera singer pre match and half time.

Comments

• iainment said:
    Good shout, completely agree.
  • Full houses
  • Brilliant food stalls outside the east that arrive with Roland and died very shortly after. 
    And the Real Ale kiosk
  • Large screen in the South/West corner of the ground so that us lot in the East don't have to break a neck to see the replays.
  • New owners giving us a wave and then get on with the football.
  • Sponsored links:

• hot water in the bogs, bogs that flush, bogs with doors that lock.
  • Cheaper season tickets to fill the Valley. 
  • These threads up on the big screen.
  • Man City in the league 
  • Man City in the champions league 

• WIFI (although I cant see it)
  • ...and three points from the scum (still dreaming eh!). 
  • 20000 plus crowds
  • Sponsored links:

• Charlton goals lots of em 

iainment said:
    Can I add that to the list of things I wouldn't like to see? 

Always found it a bit of contrived nonsense that has no history at Charlton or football in general (I also dislike the National Anthem being "led" at the Cup Final - just let 80,000 people do their jobs...). 

Now a marching military band on the pitch, that's a different story....
    Matter of taste and age. Nessun Dorma 1990 is football to a generation. Musically, English anthem is awful led by a main singer but do Irelands Call or Bread of Heaven led by a tenor and it is a different matter.

Now hearing the Champions League over the tannoy at the Valley... 
  • edited December 2019
    Match ball and new (fourth alt) kits parachuted in. Replicas of the CARD kit.
  • a tidy up around the Jimmy Seed stand.. always looks scruffy and dirty, unpainted and uncared for, especially when seen on TV .. YES, I know it's only for away fans .. and this could be done if the old geezer stays (god forbid) or indeed slings 'is 'ook  
  • Charlton goals lots of em 

iainment said:
    Can I add that to the list of things I wouldn't like to see? 

Always found it a bit of contrived nonsense that has no history at Charlton or football in general (I also dislike the National Anthem being "led" at the Cup Final - just let 80,000 people do their jobs...). 

Now a marching military band on the pitch, that's a different story....
    Matter of taste and age. Nessun Dorma 1990 is football to a generation. Musically, English anthem is awful led by a main singer but do Irelands Call or Bread of Heaven led by a tenor and it is a different matter.

Now hearing the Champions League over the tannoy at the Valley... 
    Fair point, though I was 18 in 1990 so right in my era - watched much of Italia 90 in the Royal Tavern at Mottingham, and had a fantastic summer watching the games in between avoiding flying pint glasses and CS gas attacks (those were the days...)

• A statue, slightly smaller than the Mannekin Pis, of Roland Duchatelet (with duck-taped shoe) to commemorate his monumental lack of ambition for five whole years. It could be placed in the distant bogs up by the Laundry entrance and situated facing Belgium. Lest we forget....
  • A cover over RD seat in the directors box so no-one else can sit on it.............I assume he had one  :)