Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

++ Beram Kayal signs a season long loan (ed. oh no he doesn't)++

Comments

• Think maybe people were getting frustrated that they always seemed to be involved with Israel but not us.
  • I really don’t understand the mentality of people who get angry at players for being injured. Kayal and Hemed are both getting the ‘waste of money what a shit’ treatment. Sure, it’s not a good use of resource if a player is injured but that’s not his fault and it’s hardly something Bowyer would have expected either. Kayal always looked like he wasn’t quite ready when he played for us leading to flashes of brilliance but never a full performance. Hemed has barely played due to injury and he gets even more abuse. It’s bizarre digging players out for not being available through no fault of their own and claiming they’re rubbish footballers because a part of them has broken down. It’s really disappointing that we never got to see the best of Kayal but it’s unfair to dig him out 
    Only reason I'd disagree is when the player isnt putting in the neccessary hard work to stear clear of injuries

i.e. If a player is constantly getting muscular problems you have to wonder if its because they're not warming up sensibly enough
  • Current injury list, most barely played.

Amos
    Williams*
    Aneke
    Hemed
    Kayal*
    Field
    Otzumer
    Lapslie
    Foster-Caskey
    Leko*
    Page*
    Cullen*

Have I missed anyone? Five players starred I'd consider shoe-ins for starting XI; additionally we have Pratley asked to play twice a week and had Aoucharia not been injured, I'm sure he'd have been in squad before Davison. Taylor barely fit after layoff. Unbelievable Jeff!

If our injured First XI played our fit First XI what would the score be?

0-0 as the injured XI have no defenders but the first XI have no strikers
  • I really don’t understand the mentality of people who get angry at players for being injured. Kayal and Hemed are both getting the ‘waste of money what a shit’ treatment. Sure, it’s not a good use of resource if a player is injured but that’s not his fault and it’s hardly something Bowyer would have expected either. Kayal always looked like he wasn’t quite ready when he played for us leading to flashes of brilliance but never a full performance. Hemed has barely played due to injury and he gets even more abuse. It’s bizarre digging players out for not being available through no fault of their own and claiming they’re rubbish footballers because a part of them has broken down. It’s really disappointing that we never got to see the best of Kayal but it’s unfair to dig him out 
    Where were you when Kevin Lisbie needed you?
    Kayal's brief cameo revealed silky skills and flimsy everything else.  If he was underprepared he can't deny responsibility.
    Hemed's appearances revealed a lard arse apparently lugging around a spare bag of cement that when he dropped it he was unable even to trap.  There can be no excuse for that.
    Neither bit of business has been successful.
    Kayal we can return as sub-standard goods, Hemed (like Page)  we're stuck with for who knows how long.
    Injuries incurred on the field of play resulting from collisions, tackles, mishaps etc are a fact of footballing life.
    Muscular injuries can occur in fit and diligent players if they are flogged through lack of squad alternatives eg Bonne.
    Blokes suffering repeated muscular injuries when they rarely if ever get beyond Sparrows Lane have to have accept a chunk of the responsibility.  There will be a failure to dedicate themselves to one or more elements of their recovery, strengthening, cardio, rest, nutrition, hydration.  They have all been involved in a professional athletic pursuit for years, they do not lack the basic structural integrity, they would not have got this far if they did.
    If their failure to prepare attracts brickbats, criticism or opprobrium, that is only to be expected.

Amos
    Williams*
    Aneke
    Hemed
    Kayal*
    Field
    Otzumer
    Lapslie
    Foster-Caskey
    Leko*
    Page*
    Cullen*

Have I missed anyone? Five players starred I'd consider shoe-ins for starting XI; additionally we have Pratley asked to play twice a week and had Aoucharia not been injured, I'm sure he'd have been in squad before Davison. Taylor barely fit after layoff. Unbelievable Jeff!

Three hamstrings, a metatarsal and a deadleg. Plus someone puking up at half time and another couple pulled-off early because they weren't fit to play.
  • Hemed looked to have lost a few pounds when he came on during the FA cup game
  • Talal said:
    Think maybe people were getting frustrated that they always seemed to be involved with Israel but not us.
    That is the issue I have. Both unfit when they signed, played a few mins here and there, fully fit for international duty but not for us when they returned. 
    It is pure frustration because they were pretty exciting signings at the time - particularly Kayal.
    Probably people wouldn’t really make such a big deal about it if we didn’t have such an extensive injury list. Of course it’s not their fault if they are genuinely injured.
    Hemed we waited an age for to get the deal done and a lot of people are scratching their heads wondering why we bothered. 
    Hindsight is a wonderful thing. 
    Hopefully we might get something from Hemed, but Kayal is a write off in my book. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Baronoli said:
    Hemed looked to have lost a few pounds when he came on during the FA cup game
    I’m not surprised. He’s on a pay as you play deal...👀
  • Stig said:
    Current injury list, most barely played.

Amos
    Williams*
    Aneke
    Hemed
    Kayal*
    Field
    Otzumer
    Lapslie
    Foster-Caskey
    Leko*
    Page*
    Cullen*

Three hamstrings, a metatarsal and a deadleg. Plus someone puking up at half time and another couple pulled-off early because they weren't fit to play.
    i think the pulling off at half time is a bit much when they should be concentrating on the football
  • Hemed will have a point to prove and will need to impress somebody because he needs to find a club for next season should he not be offered a new deal by us. Missing most of this season through injury is not his fault but at the end of the day he’s a professional footballer and needs to earn a living. At this moment his chips are firmly on the down. 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    I really don’t understand the mentality of people who get angry at players for being injured. Kayal and Hemed are both getting the ‘waste of money what a shit’ treatment. Sure, it’s not a good use of resource if a player is injured but that’s not his fault and it’s hardly something Bowyer would have expected either. Kayal always looked like he wasn’t quite ready when he played for us leading to flashes of brilliance but never a full performance. Hemed has barely played due to injury and he gets even more abuse. It’s bizarre digging players out for not being available through no fault of their own and claiming they’re rubbish footballers because a part of them has broken down. It’s really disappointing that we never got to see the best of Kayal but it’s unfair to dig him out 
    Kayal's brief cameo revealed silky skills and flimsy everything else.  If he was underprepared he can't deny responsibility.
    Hemed's appearances revealed a lard arse apparently lugging around a spare bag of cement that when he dropped it he was unable even to trap.  There can be no excuse for that.
    Kayal we can return as sub-standard goods, Hemed (like Page)  we're stuck with for who knows how long.
    Injuries incurred on the field of play resulting from collisions, tackles, mishaps etc are a fact of footballing life.
    Muscular injuries can occur in fit and diligent players if they are flogged through lack of squad alternatives eg Bonne.
    Blokes suffering repeated muscular injuries when they rarely if ever get beyond Sparrows Lane have to have accept a chunk of the responsibility.  There will be a failure to dedicate themselves to one or more elements of their recovery, strengthening, cardio, rest, nutrition, hydration.  They have all been involved in a professional athletic pursuit for years, they do not lack the basic structural integrity, they would not have got this far if they did.
    If their failure to prepare attracts brickbats, criticism or opprobrium, that is only to be expected.
    Yeah mate, if Hemed is a lard arse I dread to think what the rest of us are. 
    Just look at how fat he is... 

How long did it take everyone else to notice Tomer?
    Erm where is her hand going lol

Amos
    Williams*
    Aneke
    Hemed
    Kayal*
    Field
    Otzumer
    Lapslie
    Foster-Caskey
    Leko*
    Page*
    Cullen*

5 ACLs each... high scoring draw 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    I really don’t understand the mentality of people who get angry at players for being injured. Kayal and Hemed are both getting the ‘waste of money what a shit’ treatment. Sure, it’s not a good use of resource if a player is injured but that’s not his fault and it’s hardly something Bowyer would have expected either. Kayal always looked like he wasn’t quite ready when he played for us leading to flashes of brilliance but never a full performance. Hemed has barely played due to injury and he gets even more abuse. It’s bizarre digging players out for not being available through no fault of their own and claiming they’re rubbish footballers because a part of them has broken down. It’s really disappointing that we never got to see the best of Kayal but it’s unfair to dig him out 
    Yeah mate, if Hemed is a lard arse I dread to think what the rest of us are. 
    Just look at how fat he is... 

You mean there’s a bloke in the picture???
  • Sponsored links:

• Thats not our guy in the picture - it’s Mrs Hemed modelling.
  • Rylo said:
    Baronoli said:
    Hemed looked to have lost a few pounds when he came on during the FA cup game
    I’m not surprised. He’s on a pay as you play deal...👀
    Had no idea!
  • edited January 2020

Just read that he's had his loan cut short due to him having groin surgery.

https://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/18162298.beram-kayal-back-albion-loan-deal-cut-short/

• It's on the official site now
  • So Gallagher gone, Kayal confirmed as gone, Lapslie, Field, Oztumer, Aneke all injured, Williams and Forster-Caskey only just returning from injury, I'd imagine we need at least 3 midfielders in this window
  • edited January 2020
    Oztumer has trained this week. Think William's will be able to start. Cullen should be on the bench soon. We are getting there.

Edit. Dont have a source read someone saying the above about Ozzy. Cullen has been back at sparrows for a while according to various people. Rest is me filling the gaps.
  • One positive is we now have 2 loan slots, hopefully Matty can fill them for us.
  • One positive is we now have 2 loan slots, hopefully Matty can fill them for us.
    He may have to if he doesn't secure any players  ;)
  • Would've been funny to have two loan headlines with 'Oh no he doesn't' at the end.

Think we've missed a trick there.

• Oztumer has trained this week. Think William's will be able to start. Cullen should be on the bench soon. We are getting there.

Edit. Dont have a source read someone saying the above about Ozzy. Cullen has been back at sparrows for a while according to various people. Rest is me filling the gaps.
    You're filling the gaps?! Christ, we really do need a few signings then.