Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Joining Birmingham and Wednesday.
  • Every cloud has a silver lining
  • are all three likely to get points deducted or will the efl bottle it
  • are all three likely to get points deducted or will the efl bottle it
    If so next season
  • Wednesday are now desperate for money as they are selling 10 year season tickets that could give you more than 15 years worth if football!
  • Says that an independent body will adjudicate & will listen to submissions from the EFL & the club concerned.

So THEY will probably bottle it as Derby have the ex-England captain in their team. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Also, there should be a deadline set for when these things take effect  ie, if charged by 31st March then sanctions happen in that season. 
  • edited January 2020
    Deducted nine points from Brum last year so EFL do act sometimes.

Brum likely to get more for second offence.

Derby first offence so nine points.

Wednesday fiddled their books over the sale of Hillsborough. There were comments on twitter about 21 point deduction.

Would much rather we stayed up under our own steam but I'll take any help we can get.

And if they have broken the rules, which makes it harder for us to compete with them, then they deserve to be punished.
    Agree but staying up is so so pivotal to ESI's plans. Going down would be disastrous. Stay up at any cost. 
  • kentred2 said:
    Precisely why sustainability is the watchword of the new team owners and they can’t splash the cash? FFP? 
    Partly but do we believe that Duchatelet was spending right up to the average £13m loss on the playing side?

I don't.

So under FFP I'm guessing more could be spent.

There's a separate issue about how much should they spend of their own money.

For me that is whatever they can afford under the model.

We may have a rich owner in Nimer but I don't think he's splashing the cash.

All the talk is about increasing income and sustainability.

Nothing wrong in that but it doesn't make for sexy transfer windows.
  • kentred2 said:
    Precisely why sustainability is the watchword of the new team owners and they can’t splash the cash? FFP? 
    Partly but do we believe that Duchatelet was spending right up to the average £13m loss on the playing side?

I don't.

So under FFP I'm guessing more could be spent.

There's a separate issue about how much should they spend of their own money.

For me that is whatever they can afford under the model.

We may have a rich owner in Nimer but I don't think he's splashing the cash.

All the talk is about increasing income and sustainability.

Nothing wrong in that but it doesn't make for sexy transfer windows.
    True. 

Hopefully they have a good FD advising them on the increased income, reduce costs, accounting tricks plus £13m loss transfer budget algorithm!
  • cafc999 said:
    Wednesday are now desperate for money as they are selling 10 year season tickets that could give you more than 15 years worth if football!
    That's MASSIVE!

Sorry i am a child.
  • Sponsored links:

• Subsidised. 
  • so Derby have broken FFP rules even before they signed Rooney, christ knows what their wage bill is like now !!
    Rooney’s salary (80k a week) goes under coaching costsas he's a coach first, player second, apparently..... So isn't included in ffp, so I've read somewhere, think it's payed by red32 guys as well. 
  • The punishment should be published. 10 points deducted per year of cheating. Mitigation to be dealt with by a reduction in fine.

No club to be allowed to be promoted once charges have been made.

Second offence doubles the punishment.
  • We could all see that Derby were playing silly buggers with FFP at the start of the season. They didn't even try to hide it!
  • Punishment should be no promotion or playoffs for the next five seasons.
  • Punishment should be no promotion or playoffs for the next five seasons.
    20 point deduction this season.

There will be a fair few clubs in the bottom half of the table happy with that.
    Not Derby, of course.

:smile:

• edited January 2020
    Deducted nine points from Brum last year so EFL do act sometimes.

Brum likely to get more for second offence.

Derby first offence so nine points.

Wednesday fiddled their books over the sale of Hillsborough. There were comments on twitter about 21 point deduction.

Would much rather we stayed up under our own steam but I'll take any help we can get.

And if they have broken the rules, which makes it harder for us to compete with them, then they deserve to be punished.
    Too right, Henners.

Stop juggling all those balls, dickheads and SHOW US YOU HAVE SOME !!!

( The EFL, not Henry )
  • scruffle said:
    so Derby have broken FFP rules even before they signed Rooney, christ knows what their wage bill is like now !!
    Rooney’s salary (80k a week) goes under coaching costsas he's a coach first, player second, apparently..... So isn't included in ffp, so I've read somewhere, think it's payed by red32 guys as well. 
    Apparently the coach player salary split only is allowed in leagues 1 and 2 . Red 32 have increased sponsorship to cover his salary 
  • @billysboots OK wasn't sure whether was legit or not. Still someone else is paying his obscene salary for championship level. They must be sponsoring Derby more just to cover rooneys wages than any club gets in sponsorship a season from a main sponsor, crazy amount really almost 5 mill a yr