Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2020
    Scoham said:
    Article from couple of days ago gives background and mentions loan to a championship club-
    https://www.thisisanfield.com/2020/01/pedro-chirivella-open-to-extending-liverpool-stay-after-surprise-revival/amp/
    Yeah, just the player we need. Not been playing regularly & loves living in Liverpool. 
    The problem is if you want someone playing regularly who loves living in Charlton they already play for us.
    This screams loan signing, it will bridge the gap until the summer and I am glad that although a tad underplayed he isn't a teenager. He will have been training with the first team squad at Anfield for years.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    http://www.cafcpicks.com/cgi-bin/drkish/display.pl?month=202001&date=20200119&time=1942

Matt Southall told fans before kick-off at Preston that he had not signed any‎one yet as the players he has spoken to wanted 'silly' money. Whether their salary requests were genuinely outrageous, or  the current going rate for a Championship player we can only speculate about.

What seems clear is that to attract the calibre of player they want‎. Charlton may have to pay over the odds.

On a brighter note, the club anticipate making three signings this week, with Bristol Rovers' midfielder, Ollie Clarke, beings poken of.
    If nobody else leaves we need 2 quality midfielders and a proper centre half as a. Absolute minimum - we have 1 maybe 2 defenders of the required quality at the monent and 2 midfielders - Williams and Cullen - if we have to pay over the odds to get out of this, that is what we should do - get Maddison abc Curtis in this week abc stop f££king about. We need to be at the races by the time Barnsley turn up 
  • Options
    I think we can get away with two midfielders and one striker. Of the right quality of course.
  • Options
    I heard Max Power has a good engine
  • Options
    Although I'd take Max Power & Maddison. Pass on Clarke-Harris though.
    Why pass on someone who scores goals? 
  • Options
    I thought a big turning point in the play off final was Max Power going off injured straight away. I think he Is a good player and I'd be pleased if we signed him. 
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Never rated Power that highly, Clarke-Harris yes. Thought he could make the leap the season before last but he is still at Rovers. Suggestion that the reason has been injuries so maybe best we steer clear if that's the case.
  • Options
    I think we also need another left footed centre half. Competition for Naby can only be a good thing and taking sentiment out of the equation, we need an option there, one that is not so prone to nodding off or taking unnecessary risk. I like him a lot by the way, just recognise that we need to keep a clean sheet or two over our remaining games if we are to stay in the Champ. Lockyer has been immense, but need Oshi to keep breathing down his neck too!
  • Options
    I think we can get away with two midfielders and one striker. Of the right quality of course.
    Green bone taylor Davidson and hemed should be enough - taylor and green first choice - Lockyer is the only centre half good enough 
  • Options
    Fingers crossed Red Henry is right - the loans have generally been a cut above and this bloke seems that 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    After the playoff final, when Sunderland were assessing their team’s season on their forum, max power took a lot of criticism along with Honeyman.
     Power only played about 10 mins before Sarr cleaned him out!

Which was a relief as he was a pain in the arse when we played them at the valley and was involved in everything.

I'd take him.
    Yay, Sarr won the final!
  • Options
    Redhenry said:

Posting without reading. I heard Pedro Chirivella could be joining on loan.

He would be a perfect signing. We have missed Cullen so much and to have a premiership level player in that role would be fantastic.

Looking forward, Pedro, Cullen and Pratley would stop the opposition midfield pouring through! Perfect for a 4-3-3 and the diamond.

The most exciting rumour so far.
  • Options
    I think the only players I would want from Sunderland are Lynden Gooch and Luke O'Nien, maybe McGeady. Used to rate Max Power but he is in decline 
  • Options
    I think the only players I would want from Sunderland are Lynden Gooch and Luke O'Nien, maybe McGeady. Used to rate Max Power but he is in decline 
    Decline? He is only 26, should have his best years ahead of him.
  • Options
    Although I'd take Max Power & Maddison. Pass on Clarke-Harris though.
    Why pass on someone who scores goals? 
    If you read the article that someone posted yesterday it said that he hasn't been as good this season as he was last & since October has been carrying an injury. His form last season was put down mainly to the manager saying something to him. All sounds a bit hit or miss 
  • Options
    Rich Cawley on twitter saying he hasn't heard anything about Maddison signing. 
  • Options
    12 goals for JCH is pretty good

https://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=55834

We know from sections of our own fan base players “aren’t that good” when they look like they’re going to be leaving. I remember similar comments from Ipswich fans when we signed Darren Bent.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Find it very hard to believe that we would be outbidding Middlesbrough on wages for a player, not to mention Maddison is from the north east so would almost certainly prefer to play for Boro than us.
  • Options
    Rich Crawley heard nothing about Maddison today.Some Cafc fans saying no signings this week.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The club said Maddison has been put on ice until end of transfer window.
  • Options
    https://twitter.com/richcawleyslp/status/1219163989709594624?s=21

Suggests Cawley has heard others than Maddison could be signing this week
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    Redhenry said:

Posting without reading. I heard Pedro Chirivella could be joining on loan.

He would be a perfect signing. We have missed Cullen so much and to have a premiership level player in that role would be fantastic.

Looking forward, Pedro, Cullen and Pratley would stop the opposition midfield pouring through! Perfect for a 4-3-3 and the diamond.

The most exciting rumour so far.
    The rumour I have the most confidence in. 
    Put a spring in the step this morning. Thanks RH!
  • Options
    Definitely not Gooch or McGeady. Cannot see how Power can be decline at 26. Having said that I cannot see how Power and the lad from Liverpool would both sign, we need a more attacking midfielder. 
  • Options
    cfgs said:
    Decline? He is only 26, should have his best years ahead of him.
    Yeah performance wise, ask Wigan and Sunderland fans, Wigan are pants and he couldn't make their midfield, Sunderland fans aren't too bothered about him from what I've read
  • Options
    Definitely not Gooch or McGeady. Cannot see how Power can be decline at 26. Having said that I cannot see how Power and the lad from Liverpool would both sign, we need a more attacking midfielder. 
    I don’t see how you come to the conclusion that we need a more attacking midfielder. We are shipping goals and part of that reason is that kids do not track players effectively. We also concede so much possession that the defence is under constant pressure.
    We do have Williams, Green, and Oztumer who can provide the cutting edge and this will not be our only signing.
    I would also suggest that a player who has been with Liverpool for so long will be very very good at the transition between defence and attack - he will know how to make a telling forward pass!
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    I don’t see how you come to the conclusion that we need a more attacking midfielder. We are shipping goals and part of that reason is that kids do not track players effectively. We also concede so much possession that the defence is under constant pressure.
    We do have Williams, Green, and Oztumer who can provide the cutting edge and this will not be our only signing.
    I would also suggest that a player who has been with Liverpool for so long will be very very good at the transition between defence and attack - he will know how to make a telling forward pass!
    Because we have Cullen, Field, Pratley and Lapslie who can play that sort of role. Yes we are struggling at the moment but that's because 3 of those have been injured. Chuck in two new signings and that's too many players in one position. We have lost Gallagher who's goals were a big part of our early success. We need a midfielder who can score goals. I love Williams and he should start most of the time but he doesn't score goals. 
    An attacking midfielder capable of scoring a goal would have helped get something in games like Swansea and Derby. 
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    Because we have Cullen, Field, Pratley and Lapslie who can play that sort of role. Yes we are struggling at the moment but that's because 3 of those have been injured. Chuck in two new signings and that's too many players in one position. We have lost Gallagher who's goals were a big part of our early success. We need a midfielder who can score goals. I love Williams and he should start most of the time but he doesn't score goals. 
    An attacking midfielder capable of scoring a goal would have helped get something in games like Swansea and Derby. 
    Hopefully that can be Aneke, but he appears to be made of glass.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    Hopefully that can be Aneke, but he appears to be made of glass.
    I still think we need 2 CMs to replace Kayal and Gallgher, and I just hope they are not both defensive midfielders. We need one capable of popping up in the box.