Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• Options
    Just read SLP article from Cawley, we’ve been linked with New Technology.
    Image result for stoking a boiler
    New technology to get our pitch nice and warm. Next time the crowd goes quiet during a bitterly cold match at The Valley, listen out for the shovelling below your feet.

• Options
    West Brom wonderkid Rakeem Harper is a loan target for the club's Championship rivals Leeds, Fulham, QPR and Charlton.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/30965/11912270/papers-chelsea-interest-in-60m-timo-werner-could-force-liverpools-hand
    If he’s that much of a wonder Kid why isn’t he playing in their first team ? 
    Competition from others. He had a good game against us in the cup, but that was only his second start this season. This interview from 10 days ago sheds some light;

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/west-brom-harper-slaven-bilic-17537406
  • Options
    Just to break it down... Our past January signings (those in bold who have been successful)...

Of course some have been loan signings

2019 - Williams | Parker | Maxwell | Purrington
    2018 - Mavididi | Zyro | Kaikaki
    2017 - Forster-Caskey | Page | Dasilva | Byrne | Mavididi
    2016 - Johnson | Teixeira | Williams | Poyet
    2015 - Etheridge | Dmitrovic | Watt | Lepoint | Veljkovic
    2014 - Nego | Ghoochannejhad | Parzyszek | Thuram | Koc
    2013 - Feely
    2012 - Clarke | Cort | Haynes
    Harsh on Maxwell. He didn’t concede a goal in his time at the club. 
    What about Diarra, Eagles, Johnson (the first time), Fanni, Young, Sanogo etc etc 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Just to break it down... Our past January signings (those in bold who have been successful)...

2013 - Feely
    What about Diarra, Eagles, Johnson (the first time), Fanni, Young, Sanogo etc etc 
    Didnt mention any of those as they didnt sign in the January Transfer WIndow

They of course joined when EFL teams could make shorter loan deals
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Cafc43v3r said:

2013 - Feely
    Didnt mention any of those as they didnt sign in the January Transfer WIndow

They of course joined when EFL teams could make shorter loan deals
    Didn't Diarra, Eagles and Johnson all rock up as a buy 1 get 2 free deal in January?  I know they were all free agents.

EDIT Sorry it was February.  Many apologies 
  • Options
    West Brom wonderkid Rakeem Harper is a loan target for the club's Championship rivals Leeds, Fulham, QPR and Charlton.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/30965/11912270/papers-chelsea-interest-in-60m-timo-werner-could-force-liverpools-hand
    I can just see how an inquiry to West Brom would go.

Gallen: “Slaven it’s Steve, given how we have a good relationship with you after the Leko and Field signings, we are interested in Harper”

Bilic: “Hi Steve, Oh you mean the Leko who is out for the season and Field who has been injured for a few months”

Gallen: “yes those 2, we are confident that our injury curse has gone”

Gallen: “Slaven, Slav......Slaven can you hear me? Slav it’s Steve Gallen......Slav, are you still there”

Bowyer - How did the Harper conversation go Steve? Yes, was very positive, think Slaven must have gone through a tunnel or something though. I’m sure he will call back. Just in case, who did you say was number 75 on our wish list? Did you say it was Andre Green? 
    Sam Fields injury was a shocking challenge, Lekos was a freak knee injury....don’t really see the logic with that?
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    J BLOCK said:
    Mike said:
    From someone who watches Rovers regularly (wife is a fan) Ollie Clarke the captain is an average league one player, be concerned if he is the level we are aiming for. Clake Harris is better and could probably do a job. Career has only got going last few years. Terrible attitude though always moaning at teammates.
    I would be very underwhelmed if we brought those 2 in.
    At this stage. I will take any player with experience in, we simply cannot keep playing the kids, sleep walking into relegation by doing so. 
    Disagree. We need to bring in players who can take us to the next level next season, players who can improve the team and push us forward. No point getting in a player who can keep us up this season and be surplus to requirements next season. We need players who can do both.
    Disagree, IMO we get players in who can keep us up, that’s it, we take stock in the summer, but right now we do whatever we can to stay up, that’s the number one priority 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Jamie19 said:
    Is this Maddison’s way of saying bye to Peterborough??
    He wears his team training kit to the gym? 
    I heard that the Charlton players do at David Lloyd - perhaps an agreement between the Club and Gym that they will do so?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
     Can we loan a third player from WBA?

I think there is a limit between teams during the season. Not sure if it is two or three. 
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    cafc_se7 said:

I can just see how an inquiry to West Brom would go.

Gallen: “Slaven it’s Steve, given how we have a good relationship with you after the Leko and Field signings, we are interested in Harper”

Bilic: “Hi Steve, Oh you mean the Leko who is out for the season and Field who has been injured for a few months”

Gallen: “yes those 2, we are confident that our injury curse has gone”

Gallen: “Slaven, Slav......Slaven can you hear me? Slav it’s Steve Gallen......Slav, are you still there”

Bowyer - How did the Harper conversation go Steve? Yes, was very positive, think Slaven must have gone through a tunnel or something though. I’m sure he will call back. Just in case, who did you say was number 75 on our wish list? Did you say it was Andre Green? 
    Sam Fields injury was a shocking challenge, Lekos was a freak knee injury....don’t really see the logic with that?
    Just a lighthearted comment. 
  • Options
    I know it was a while ago we heard that link but we can forget about the Ronan Curtis link 

• Options
    I think bowyer is a bit rattled too it sounds like he is pleading with the chairman to get some deals over the line maybe he thinks he is being too slow in finalising them
    Why would he possibly think that?
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    Mike said:
    From someone who watches Rovers regularly (wife is a fan) Ollie Clarke the captain is an average league one player, be concerned if he is the level we are aiming for. Clake Harris is better and could probably do a job. Career has only got going last few years. Terrible attitude though always moaning at teammates.
    At this stage. I will take any player with experience in, we simply cannot keep playing the kids, sleep walking into relegation by doing so. 
    This. Any experienced league player has to be better than having a midfield of Vennings, Dempsey and Morgan. I agree we don't want to panic buy but I can't believe we haven't made more moves in the loan market to ensure we at least have a majority of senior players on the pitch.
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Mike said:
    Disagree. We need to bring in players who can take us to the next level next season, players who can improve the team and push us forward. No point getting in a player who can keep us up this season and be surplus to requirements next season. We need players who can do both.
    Disagree, IMO we get players in who can keep us up, that’s it, we take stock in the summer, but right now we do whatever we can to stay up, that’s the number one priority 
    Other than loans I can’t imagine there being many players we can sign who keep us up but won’t offer enough next season. To stay up we need players who improve the starting eleven, adding more squad players won’t be enough.
  • Options
    I know it was a while ago we heard that link but we can forget about the Ronan Curtis link 

Why would the fee be a problem IF Bowyer really wanted him? It's not as if Blackburn are one of the moneybags clubs
  • Options
    The trouble is, clubs know we have money and with less than 2 weeks to go, know we are beginning to panic. Prices will go up and players will ask for larger wages. If MS is keeping the wage structure he wants then it is either loans or lesser players than we thought we were going to get
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    The trouble is, clubs know we have money and with less than 2 weeks to go, know we are beginning to panic. Prices will go up and players will ask for larger wages. If MS is keeping the wage structure he wants then it is either loans or lesser players than we thought we were going to get
    Equally agents, clubs and players know if they don't make a deal now that's it for five months.

Both sides will be waiting for the other side to blink.
  • Options
    I do think we need a marquee signing, the sort of player who would encourage other players to join us because they think we're a club going places, as without that hope why join a struggling side UNLESS they pay well...

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Jamie19 said:
    CafcSCP said:
    So who do we think this player was that was offered in exchange for Taylor
    Has to be from the championship, cos Taylor isn’t going to drop a league.
    Doubt it’s a premier team.
    Heard it was Brighton and a swap with Murray, Gallen told several people on the way back from Preston.
    Is that really so ‘ridiculous’ ? 
    He's 36 years old, its beyond ridiculous...
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    Jamie19 said:
    CafcSCP said:
    So who do we think this player was that was offered in exchange for Taylor
    Has to be from the championship, cos Taylor isn’t going to drop a league.
    Doubt it’s a premier team.
    Heard it was Brighton and a swap with Murray, Gallen told several people on the way back from Preston.
    Is that really so ‘ridiculous’ ? 
    He's 36 years old, its beyond ridiculous...
    I am going to be controversial here. 

I think Murray for Taylor may have been worth it if Brighton were prepared to pay up Glenn's wages for the rest of the season, so we could make him an offer for next season.

I wouldn’t begrudge Lyle the chance to play in the Prem and in return we would have got a proven striker for the rest of the season. 
  • Options
    edited January 2020

Why would the fee be a problem IF Bowyer really wanted him? It's not as if Blackburn are one of the moneybags clubs
    Because so far we haven't actually spent a penny on players. Skimped out on wages, wouldn't meet the valuation of a player our management team wanted. All we have done is trigger a release clause, PR stunt? Don't mean we paid anything 

I'm being negative anyway so I'll take a break from posting about the situation. I'll just post links I see and keep my thoughts till February the 1st
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Amazing how much money these League One clubs want for their players, when you consider how much we let ours go for ....
    More fool us then.
  • Options
    Richard J said:

I think there is a limit between teams during the season. Not sure if it is two or three. 
    I guess if we had Leko and Field still then that third player rule might apply - Seeing we've now only got one of them I cant see it being an issue
  • Options
    Richard J said:

I guess if we had Leko and Field still then that third player rule might apply - Seeing we've now only got one of them I cant see it being an issue
    Leko still played during the season. 

Given that we are now not going for the play offs strengthening us could help against teams at the top. 
  • Options
    Davo55 said:
    It surprises me how many posters are so confident that we've got real money now.

There is sod all evidence of that right now. The bid for Maddison was a possible indication but if we can't then match his wage demands the existence of funds is unproven. Ditto the reference to "£15m earmarked for investment in the training ground".

So far, we don't know how much they paid Duchatelet. But they haven't bought the land the Valley is on, they haven't bought Sparrows lane, they haven't agreed new contracts with Bowyer or any key players (especially Lyle), they haven't landed any transfer targets but rather have lost out to both Championship and L1 competitors.

I'm not saying they don't have funds but I think it's wishful thinking to assume they have. The truth will become clearer in the next six months.
    THIS