Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• Options
    If we dont get the players in we need by end of the window. It will be on ESI head if we get relagated. Southall if you want us to stay up you have to pay that little bit extra that clubs and players want. Scrap your model for this window. Implement it in the summer once were safe. We are desperate and there's no room for being tight over a players wanting 1k more a week. Get you're cheque book out or we get relegated. Period. If we get relegated because of lack of investment in this window ESI are just dumb business men.
    And what if we break FFP rules because we stay up for breaking what we're allowed to pay and so end up with a fine / points deduction!!
    Im not saying go out and spend 10m on one player. We pulled out of the Gnanduillet deal over an extra few thousand pounds. We needed him today. And paying a player an extra 1k a week aint going to break our FFP. But that fine if Southall dont want to pay that little bit extra to get deals over the line. We will be signing our 2nd 3rd chioce targets or no one and we will be getting relegated which will cost ESI more.
    This 
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Bowyer stated publicly he wants bodies in before the Fulham game, last time he went public was over the contract he it got a reaction so let’s see.
    And that contract was supposed to be sorted before or just after the West Brom game, with Bowyers agent and Southall in the same room over a week later and it still hasnt been sorted 
    This isn’t football manager where contracts get agreed in 30 seconds. Bowyer said on Thursday that he is happy but wants a couple of minor adjustments and doesn’t see it as in issue. Bowyer and the club have both said it’s happening, so we need to relax a little and in the words of one of our greatest managers of the Roland era......be patient 
    Noone has ever tried comparing the real world the football manager and its a shit comparison, all I am saying is Southall said that he was hoping that him and Bowyers agent could agree terms whilst in the same room that was over a week ago, now whilst Bowyer is saying it's just a few small changes the fact its it's been over a week and nothing has been agreed so the changes cant be that small or ESI would have just said yeah that fine let's just get it done
    Bowyers agent met with Southall last Saturday. As you said, this is the real world. I seriously doubt that Southall would have asked what bowyer wanted and magically pulled an ACHME contract out of his pants there and then. Southall would have listened, gone away and come up with a contract he felt suitable. This would then have been sent to bowyers team to read through and respond with any comments. This all takes time and will not be sorted in an afternoon.

timescales and noise from both parties suggests that we are nearly there. If the contract isn’t sorted this week (maybe towards the end due to midweek fixture) then panic 
    You say that, but thats not what Southall said at the press conference was it, he said Bowyers agent will be at the game against West Brom we will both be in the room and hopefully we can get something agreed and signed 
  • Options
    If we dont get the players in we need by end of the window. It will be on ESI head if we get relagated. Southall if you want us to stay up you have to pay that little bit extra that clubs and players want. Scrap your model for this window. Implement it in the summer once were safe. We are desperate and there's no room for being tight over a players wanting 1k more a week. Get you're cheque book out or we get relegated. Period. If we get relegated because of lack of investment in this window ESI are just dumb business men.
    And what if we break FFP rules because we stay up for breaking what we're allowed to pay and so end up with a fine / points deduction!!
    Im not saying go out and spend 10m on one player. We pulled out of the Gnanduillet deal over an extra few thousand pounds. We needed him today. And paying a player an extra 1k a week aint going to break our FFP. But that fine if Southall dont want to pay that little bit extra to get deals over the line. We will be signing our 2nd 3rd chioce targets or no one and we will be getting relegated which will cost ESI more.
    This 
    Why are people blaming Southall? The player asked for an extra grand, Southall asked Gallen if he was worth it and Gallen said no. After 6 years of w**k off field leadership, we get a chairman who makes a decision (correct or incorrect - we will probably never find out) after consulting his senior management team and then gets called out for it. Esi are trying to do things properly and with structure, or we could have Roland asking Driesden or whatever he is called for advice on players
    Should it be Gallen's call though...?  A grand a week in footballing terms is neither here nor there  - obviously different between £4k & £5k than £20k & £21k, but even if it was the former scenario it is more to do with what it means to us now. If it was a striker & it meant it could have secured a win today instead of a loss then I'd say it would have been well worth it. But hey ho......I'm looking forward to going back to Accrington, Fleetwood & MK Don's next season. 
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    This 
    Why are people blaming Southall? The player asked for an extra grand, Southall asked Gallen if he was worth it and Gallen said no. After 6 years of w**k off field leadership, we get a chairman who makes a decision (correct or incorrect - we will probably never find out) after consulting his senior management team and then gets called out for it. Esi are trying to do things properly and with structure, or we could have Roland asking Driesden or whatever he is called for advice on players
    Should it be Gallen's call though...?  A grand a week in footballing terms is neither here nor there  - obviously different between £4k & £5k than £20k & £21k, but even if it was the former scenario it is more to do with what it means to us now. If it was a striker & it meant it could have secured a win today instead of a loss then I'd say it would have been well worth it. But hey ho......I'm looking forward to going back to Accrington, Fleetwood & MK Don's next season. 
    Golfy mate, I've said this before to you, but it's not this black and white. You need to look at the wider picture. I'm sure whoever we get in will be for the good of the team in the long term.

Someone like Maddison we would possible offer more to because of his quality he will play in our midfield for the long term. Even if Taylor leaves, could you rightly say that the Blackpool lad would be the same, especially when we will have another transfer window coming up in the summer. 
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    This 
    So if Taylor stays, Bonne is fit, with Green opening his goal scoring account today and finally Hemed looking like he might be getting into some sort of form all of a sudden we have paid lots of money, and are dishing out wages to someone who may potentially be 3rd/4th choice striker.

Although, we may be looking for a forward who benefits a certain formation, or tacticly enables us to play in a different way when necessary.
    It would give more options.

• Options
    This 
    So if Taylor stays, Bonne is fit, with Green opening his goal scoring account today and finally Hemed looking like he might be getting into some sort of form all of a sudden we have paid lots of money, and are dishing out wages to someone who may potentially be 3rd/4th choice striker.

Not only this, when the summer transfer window comes and there are better options all of a sudden we have a player on our books who is never getting a look in and we might not be able to offload. 
    Shouldn't we be targeting someone who is better than our current strikers? That's how teams improve
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This 

Not only this, when the summer transfer window comes and there are better options all of a sudden we have a player on our books who is never getting a look in and we might not be able to offload. 
    Shouldn't we be targeting someone who is better than our current strikers? That's how teams improve
    Who do you think is available in January who guaranteed to do better than the strikers we have (when everyone is fully fit), we can realistically afford, and wants to come and play with us?

Once again I think video games, and social media have skewed peoples visions of how the transfer market works. Unless you are Thomas Driesen its not just simply a case of doing a stat based search on a football database with a couple of filters, and then finding the right players.
  • Options
    I think bowyer is a bit rattled too it sounds like he is pleading with the chairman to get some deals over the line maybe he thinks he is being too slow in finalising them
  • Options
    Surely people are now realising this whole ‘be calm, don’t panic, we will be fine when the injured players come back” is flat out bollocks.

We are ever more fucked and with relegation being a total and utter unmitigated disaster - we simply have no choice but to get deals done whatever it takes.

We are not in a position to bargain over a grand here and there and other clubs / agents know this.

no more burying heads in the sand - we are down unless we sign at least 5 TOP players in then next 13 days.

ESI need to flex their muscles now. 

Or we’ll find out in the next 13 days if ESI actually have any muscles to flex.
  • Options
    I think bowyer is a bit rattled too it sounds like he is pleading with the chairman to get some deals over the line maybe he thinks he is being too slow in finalising them
    The chairman’s phone is off - he’s on his holibobs until Feb 1st.
  • Options
    Surely people are now realising this whole ‘be calm, don’t panic, we will be fine when the injured players come back” is flat out bollocks.

We are ever more fucked and with relegation being a total and utter unmitigated disaster - we simply have no choice but to get deals done whatever it takes.

We are not in a position to bargain over a grand here and there and other clubs / agents know this.

no more burying heads in the sand - we are down unless we sign at least 5 TOP players in then next 13 days.

ESI need to flex their muscles now. 
    I was really relaxed up until last Tuesday. We still haven’t even got Bowyer signed up yet. Worrying times. 
  • Options
    I’m not gonna be the one to say ‘the grass isn’t always greener’ post Roland and I hope we don’t end up with egg on our faces...

But aside from some crap luck with injuries - and bearing in mind he was backing out the club for two years - we got some decent business done.

people said it was nothing to do with Roland and all down to Gallen and Bowyer.

If that’s the case (and it may we’ll be) then how come it seems harder now?

Genuinely don’t know what to think 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We finally signed someone, and no complaints from me either.
    Haha there was a thread about her a few months ago!!
  • Options
    Haha there was a thread about her a few months ago!!
    Wow
  • Options
    Those eyebrows, you sure it's not Virgil from Thunderbirds?
  • Options
    Bowyer stated publicly he wants bodies in before the Fulham game, last time he went public was over the contract he it got a reaction so let’s see.
    And that contract was supposed to be sorted before or just after the West Brom game, with Bowyers agent and Southall in the same room over a week later and it still hasnt been sorted 
    This isn’t football manager where contracts get agreed in 30 seconds. Bowyer said on Thursday that he is happy but wants a couple of minor adjustments and doesn’t see it as in issue. Bowyer and the club have both said it’s happening, so we need to relax a little and in the words of one of our greatest managers of the Roland era......be patient 
    Agreed. Unfortunately we’re in an era where too many people want everything instantly. 
    That's social media and the world of emails for you!
  • Options
    But Bowyer said that players are not signing until they know if he is going to be the manager. And 'demanded' his contract is sorted first..... round and round in circles!
  • Options
    Bowyer also said the contract was only needing tweaking. I think it will be announced Monday.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    If Bowyer hasn’t signed up by Monday then there’s something wrong IMO.

I haven’t really wanted to acknowledge this because I desperately want to believe Matt and ESI are the real deal.

But the interview with Matt, and the subsequent presser with him, have left me concerned he’s a bit of a chancer. I hope I’m wrong and it’s merely the paranoia created by the Roland years. 
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Monday or Tuesday.