Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• Options
    Monday or Tuesday. 
    Or on Wednesday, Thursday, Friday...... 

Didn't realise you were a Craig David fan SHG. One time.
  • Options
    It’ll most probably be the swap offer for Lyle..
  • Options
    I think bowyer is a bit rattled too it sounds like he is pleading with the chairman to get some deals over the line maybe he thinks he is being too slow in finalising them
    But Bowyer said that players are not signing until they know if he is going to be the manager. And 'demanded' his contract is sorted first..... round and round in circles!
    It'll be ironic if the reason why we don't get the signings we need (which will massively impact Bowyer) is down to Bowyer himself delaying signing his new contract....
  • Options
    I completely understand LB and SG not willing to break from the price and wage they value the player at. News travels fast in football and if we get a reputation as a club who offer overly generous contracts agents will take the piss, which is ironically what happened with Katrien, which will just make future transfer windows much harder. We got Cullen and Williams by being patient and waiting, and if it means we have to wait until January 31st to get our desired targets that’s perfectly reasonable in my opinion. 
    We're not in L1 though, we're in the Championship where other clubs are already paying inflated salaries. Even if we're slightly taken for a ride by agents, no way will we be paying more than Leeds, West Brom, Derby, Fulham, Wednesday and all the other clubs on parachute payments or which are desperate for promotion.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    I love bows but find it fascinating a manager who has won 1 in 16 or whatever holds the aces. 
    Probably because he is putting out a team that are still competitive, despite having the lowest wage budget in the league, losing his best player to Swansea, his main striker being in a situation that seems suspect, and having to play kids with no experience (who are probably  on very little wage) due to stacks of senior players being injured. 

Compare that to what his opposition managers have at their disposal every week. 
    Up to Dec 31st that was all true. But the transfer window then opened which means you can change all that AND having just been taken over you'd expect the new owners would want to not only hit the ground running but to make a bit of an impact. Not saying we should be splashing £10m on one player, but supposedly Gallen had his list & supposedly Southall had been chatting to him & Bowyer since late November......so it's hardly just been sprung on them to alleviate the situation. 

We all know that managers talk to agents & find out what their player would want if they signed......so again, we should have had a pretty good clue what Maddison wanted before Bowyer met up with him. 
  • Options
    Monday or Tuesday. 

Wont be Tuesday........Bowyer will be wanting to "concentrate" on the Fulham match.
  • Options
    Helllllllllllpppp!!!!!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Re the Taylor swap deal. Anyone ITK have any idea which club/player was involved ?? Seems people like to think they are ITK & post all sorts of rubbish about their mate who works at the club etc. etc......but when we finally hear of some actual news no-one is any the wiser.
  • Options
    It’ll most probably be the swap offer for Lyle..
    I know mate, would just be nice to know the player offered etc 
  • Options
    The next two weeks will be crucial
  • Options
    I completely understand LB and SG not willing to break from the price and wage they value the player at. News travels fast in football and if we get a reputation as a club who offer overly generous contracts agents will take the piss, which is ironically what happened with Katrien, which will just make future transfer windows much harder. We got Cullen and Williams by being patient and waiting, and if it means we have to wait until January 31st to get our desired targets that’s perfectly reasonable in my opinion. 
    We're not in L1 though, we're in the Championship where other clubs are already paying inflated salaries. Even if we're slightly taken for a ride by agents, no way will we be paying more than Leeds, West Brom, Derby, Fulham, Wednesday and all the other clubs on parachute payments or which are desperate for promotion.
    Agree. There is a reason Luton, Barnsley and Charlton are in the bottom part of the table. The Championship is becoming like the Premiership. If you don’t have the benefit of parachute payments or an owner willing to break the FFP rules it is tough. Whilst ESI might want to stick with their “model”, the reality is they could be watching L1 next season.
  • Options
    Is this Maddison’s way of saying bye to Peterborough??
  • Options
    Charltons first team have offered the treatment room Naby Sarr and Josh Davison in a shock transfer swoop described as “unusual” by Lee Bowyer .
    In an unprecedented move down at Sparrows Lane the deal is being discussed .
    MS has tweeted “it proves ESI are the real deal and we’re looking at getting this deal over the line” 
    more to follow reports a jubilant Louis Mendes from the Etihad 
  • Options
    That’s not even funny any more. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Some of these guys on Twitter are beyond belief! 
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    That’s not even funny any more. 
    Exactly. The honeymoon period is over. Can't face the thought of relegation.  
  • Options
    Jamie19 said:
    Is this Maddison’s way of saying bye to Peterborough??
    He wears his team training kit to the gym? 
  • Options
    https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/10769933/man-utd-bellingham-transfer-birmingham/

Birmingham could have money to spend if Man Utd sign Bellingham, above link suggests a fee of £15m.

They want Maddison but are trying to include a player in exchange.
  • Options
    Haven’t we been linked with both of them in the past?
  • Options
    From someone who watches Rovers regularly (wife is a fan) Ollie Clarke the captain is an average league one player, be concerned if he is the level we are aiming for. Clake Harris is better and could probably do a job. Career has only got going last few years. Terrible attitude though always moaning at teammates.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Haven’t we been linked with both of them in the past?
    Not usually one to blow my own trumpet but yes I did say we were interested back in the summer. Roland wouldn’t pay the fee obviously.