Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• Louis Mendez: Bowyer says that a club has made a 'ridiculous' player for player swap bid for Lyle Taylor this week.

No info as to whether ridiculously good or ridiculously shite
    Louis clarified it was the latter
  • If we dont get the players in we need by end of the window. It will be on ESI head if we get relagated. Southall if you want us to stay up you have to pay that little bit extra that clubs and players want. Scrap your model for this window. Implement it in the summer once were safe. We are desperate and there's no room for being tight over a players wanting 1k more a week. Get you're cheque book out or we get relegated. Period. If we get relegated because of lack of investment in this window ESI are just dumb business men.
    Oh dear ... here we go ... lol  :D
  • Not convinced signings are purely the answer.
    We need Bowyer fully engaged and some belief.
  • Also better spending money now rather than summer, on the right signings obvs, as beds them in and gets them ready for next season.
  • 2121 said:
    Also better spending money now rather than summer, on the right signings obvs, as beds them in and gets them ready for next season.
    You end up buying tat in January!!

Its staggering the amount of rubbish we've signed this month compared to actually quality players
  • 2121 said:
    Also better spending money now rather than summer, on the right signings obvs, as beds them in and gets them ready for next season.

Its staggering the amount of rubbish we've signed this month compared to actually quality players
    So true 
  • Yeah but we do need to trust in gallen and bows. 

I bet that player swap is for bamford 😂🙈
  • Louis Mendez: Bowyer says that a club has made a 'ridiculous' player for player swap bid for Lyle Taylor this week.

No info as to whether ridiculously good or ridiculously shite
    Louis clarified it was the latter
    So who is calling the shots in this ? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Just to break it down... Our past January signings (those in bold who have been successful)...

Of course some have been loan signings

2019 - Williams | Parker | Maxwell | Purrington
    2018 - Mavididi | Zyro | Kaikaki
    2017 - Forster-Caskey | Page | Dasilva | Byrne | Mavididi
    2016 - Johnson | Teixeira | Williams | Poyet
    2015 - Etheridge | Dmitrovic | Watt | Lepoint | Veljkovic
    2014 - Nego | Ghoochannejhad | Parzyszek | Thuram | Koc
    2013 - Feely
    2012 - Clarke | Cort | Haynes
    We've managed to sell some decent players in January in recent years...

Stephens, Yann, Holmes, Lookman, Grant all come to mind
    Yeah I just hope that list doesnt "damage" some of our fans on here

Years of therapy to overcome and forget about some of those names and I've brought it all back
  • IMO we need a left back, a centre back, a centre mid and a striker before the window closes, and that’s with no more outgoings. We are seriously struggling and we can’t rely on injured players coming back anymore
    Agreed  

Probably two midfielders now after Gallagher's departure. 

• I'm a glass half full kind of guy & I'm convinced we'll get the reinforcements we need before the end of January, but we really need 4 or 5 in.  

Lots of work to do
  • Bowyer wouldn’t be coming out and saying we need bodies if he wasn’t unhappy surely? Means other clubs will just up their prices even more as will agents.

Firmly a believer that he’s a little disappointed with ESI at the moment after those comments.

• Swisdom said:
    2121 said:

Maddison isn’t “tat”

we need a bit of grit, guile and flair. He brings that.

we also need a dominant leader to play at centre back to see us through this season
    No your right Maddison isnt tat - As per my list of players who werent tat in previous seasons I should have worded my original better by saying that most turned out to be duds
  • Sponsored links:

• So who do we think this player was that was offered in exchange for Taylor
  • Eoin Doyle
  • So who do we think this player was that was offered in exchange for Taylor
    Just heard a rumour it was scott hogan from villa with him being surplus ss to requirements on loan at Stoke, total rumour BTW 
  • Just to break it down... Our past January signings (those in bold who have been successful)...

Of course some have been loan signings

2019 - Williams | Parker | Maxwell | Purrington
    2018 - Mavididi | Zyro | Kaikaki
    2017 - Forster-Caskey | Page | Dasilva | Byrne | Mavididi
    2016 - Johnson | Teixeira | Williams | Poyet
    2015 - Etheridge | Dmitrovic | Watt | Lepoint | Veljkovic
    2014 - Nego | Ghoochannejhad | Parzyszek | Thuram | Koc
    2013 - Feely
    2012 - Clarke | Cort | Haynes
    The point is tho we had poor managers and owners. Now we have a manager and recruiter who everyone thinkgs the sun shines out of their .... and new owners who we all think have money and better intentions than roland. We arent destined to who have a bad january forever.... i hope 
  • LTKapal said:
    Eoin Doyle
    Suggestion or rumour? Been on extraordinary form this season. 
  • Reckon it would’ve been a champ big boy offering a few pence and a teenager on loan till end of season.  Leeds/Fulham/Brentford/Sheff Wed/Forest.
  • LTKapal said:
    Eoin Doyle
    Suggestion or rumour? Been on extraordinary form this season. 
    Please tell me you’re not being serious.

Firstly, Doyle can’t play for another club. Secondly, Taylor ain’t going to League Two 😂
  • If we dont get the players in we need by end of the window. It will be on ESI head if we get relagated. Southall if you want us to stay up you have to pay that little bit extra that clubs and players want. Scrap your model for this window. Implement it in the summer once were safe. We are desperate and there's no room for being tight over a players wanting 1k more a week. Get you're cheque book out or we get relegated. Period. If we get relegated because of lack of investment in this window ESI are just dumb business men.
    What are you on about? Almost every line you’ve written is nonsense. 

It’s not on ESI head if we get relegated, as they weren’t at fault for having to build a budget squad capable of competing in a full championship season. 
  • Could it have been someone like Liam Bridcutt at Forest? ie not a like for like replacement but a player who could have been useful but not essential like Taylor is.