Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• Dazzler21 said:
    Bit concerned with Maddison and his 4am Instagram posts from the gym.

Not sure I want a player that's up all hours not exactly advertising the healthy lifestyle needed to be a professional athlete.
    He's one of the best players in league one, I'm sure he's fine... 
     Let's hope his attitude changes when he comes to the Championship (not necessarily with us). He seems a bit of a problem player, especially given Posh don't even want to include him in their plans whether he stays or not.

• edited January 2020
    Dazzler21 said:

Not sure I want a player that's up all hours not exactly advertising the healthy lifestyle needed to be a professional athlete.
    I’m given to understand that this kind of behaviour has been noticed by Peterborough fans and staff for a long while and is just one of a number of strange things about him.
  • sammy391 said:

Someone's probably on a wind up but Adel Taarabt isn't getting much game time at Benfica. And it fits with the "former Premier League and Championship footballer" thing.
  • Oggy Red said:
    Sage said:
    Dazzler21 said:

To look at it a different way, loads of people didn’t know that BWP was up all hours playing Xbox but was still scoring goals for us in League One.

I think if we do sign Maddison, his habits will change because the players get monitored with how much sleep and quality sleep they have each night. Through an app and a simple little blood test says all the medical staff need to know. If he were to sign, he would get quickly found out, fined, and probably not play. That’s where Bowyer would put him right, especially as Bowyer can talk a bit from experience of his younger days. 
    If Maddison reads your post Sage - it'll put the fear of God in him.

It might be an easier ride at Birmingham. :smile:

If it were to scare him off, maybe it would be best he doesn’t sign because those are standard practice. :smile:
  • sammy391 said:

Someone's probably on a wind up but Adel Taarabt isn't getting much game time at Benfica. And it fits with the "former Premier League and Championship footballer" thing.
    He's 30 now .... but he did make a big impression at QPR in the Prem a few years ago.
    And he passes the CL height test .... 6' 1".

Anyway, it's a transfer rumour. :smi:smirk:

• sammy391 said:

Taarabt is far more potential trouble than Maddison.
  • edited January 2020
    sammy391 said:

Not the first time I’ve heard that name mentioned over the last couple of days. Can’t see it though, he’s played 21 games for them this season, averaging 70 mins a game according to transfermarkt.com
  • Sponsored links:

• Would fit with someone saying that we'd be underwhelmed with one signing - Trust in Gallen but can see a lot of people being disappointed till he plays

Be nice for Benfica to repay us after pinching Sarmiento!!
  • edited January 2020
    Dazzler21 said:

Tbf with his career a sleeping pattern isn't that big of a deal, as long as he manages it correctly, has a proper schedule and isn't fatigued for match days it would be fine. Also never know, off chance he may have got up to go gym early.

I noticed on his Instagram he has over 900 hours of apex legends (video game for those that don't know)  or something along those hours, so he is very much in the Tony Watt department. I think though if he came here that could all change, we have some proper leaders/tough characters in our dressing room, Bowyer, Jacko, Lockyer, Pratley, Pearce etc I feel like he wouldn't get away with it as much. All due respect to Peterborough they don't have the kind of characters and facilities we do and it is a big step up 
  • cfgs said:
    Think they know he is going and are simply trying to force him to go now so they get a fee for him.
    Which is the thing that concerns me with him.. in that they are "forcing him out" and not willing to try and keep him... so not bothered if he signs or not. 
  • Would fit with someone saying that we'd be underwhelmed with one signing - Trust in Gallen but can see a lot of people being disappointed till he plays

Be nice for Benfica to repay us after pinching Sarmiento!!
    Maybe it is Sarmiento...! 
  • Who cares when he sleeps or goes to the gym, all that matters is he creates and scores goals hopefully for us 
  • Who cares when he sleeps or goes to the gym, all that matters is he creates and scores goals hopefully for us 
     Not if he disrupts the rest of the team with constant rule breaking etc.
  • Rudders22 said:
    cfgs said:
    Think they know he is going and are simply trying to force him to go now so they get a fee for him.
    Which is the thing that concerns me with him.. in that they are "forcing him out" and not willing to try and keep him... so not bothered if he signs or not. 
    They know he wants to leave, so are trying to get a fee for him. If he signed a new contract with Posh, they would be delighted
  • Rudders22 said:
    cfgs said:
    Maybe he's made it clear he won't be signing a new contract?
  • Dazzler21 said:

Tbf with his career a sleeping pattern isn't that big of a deal, as long as he manages it correctly, has a proper schedule and isn't fatigued for match days it would be fine. Also never know, off chance he may have got up to go gym early.

I noticed on his Instagram he has over 900 hours of apex legends (video game for those that don't know)  or something along those hours, so he is very much in the Tony Watt department. I think though if he came here that could all change, we have some proper leaders/tough characters in our dressing room, Bowyer, Jacko, Lockyer, Pratley, Pearce etc I feel like he wouldn't get away with it as much. All due respect to Peterborough they don't have the kind of characters and facilities we do and it is a big step up 
    Agree but also if he stays out clubbing he gets caught out in the Peterborough because it's a small City. 
  • sammy391 said:

Could also be Chris Willock. Former Arsenal youngster, been on loan at WBA but failed to break into the side.

That seems like more of a Gallen type signing.
    I am not saying its goinh to happen but Taarabt was at Qpr when Gallen was there. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Willock has got to be more likely. Isn't getting in the WBA side. 
  • redbuttle said:
    Dazzler21 said:

Agree but also if he stays out clubbing he gets caught out in the Peterborough because it's a small City. 
    Yeah agreed again though I don't really mind as long as he does the business on the pitch. Obviously it's on a different scale but on a weekday the other night I had 5 pints and still showed up to work on time and managed to do my job, go gym after work as well etc. The point is I don't really care what a footballer gets up to outside the game, as long as they put 100% in on the pitch and perform it really doesn't matter, all about how you can manage it, some footballers put in all the effort in the world probably and are still crap. I get he looks like a bit of a twat and lets face it chances are he is, but he's a performer and we need some quality 
  • Taarabt fits with the ex Prem and Championship player, also fits with the other comment of  Can be really good on his day but can also be a liability.

Personally hope it's not Tarrabt as he is very much a luxury player and that's not what we need right now
  • Taarabt fits with the ex Prem and Championship player, also fits with the other comment of  Can be really good on his day but can also be a liability.

Personally hope it's not Tarrabt as he is very much a luxury player and that's not what we need right now
    Actually.....we need any fucking player!!!
  • edited January 2020
    Hmm. He doesn't strike me as being a Charlton type of player.

You wouldn't want him after reading Neil Warnock's autobiography

You wouldn't want him after reading Neil Warnock's autobiography
    Well I haven’t......so tell me more.
  • Wonder if its us that he wants to join but wants to string along the fact we've got Middle East owners now

After all the Peterborough owner said that Maddison was "buzzing" after meeting Bowyer (the effect that Gallen has mentioned so many times I bet)