Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• I agree - we have been competing very well considering the crisis and immense credit goes to Bowyer. I doubt we are ahead of anybody in the last 15 form table.
  • mart77 said:
    BBC reporter who covers Brum seems to think they haven’t had a bid accepted and are trying to haggle over a player + cash deal. If true, the second bid accepted must have come from a third unnamed club.
    I thought the third team was Hull but I may be mistaken. I believe Middlesbrough wanted him too and the Randolph money this week may have helped that. Gawd know though! 
    Boro fan at work thinks they are in for him - what concerns me is that with Gallagher and leko - to a lesser extent - gone - we are  no longer have the full team that did so well at the start of the season once everybody is fit
  • edited January 2020
    Sage said:
    Chunes said:
    TEL said:
    TEL said:
    I really hope that Midfielder wasn't Mowatt or Maddison that we were penny pinching over, 52k a year extra is hardly crazy money for a proper player
    In the real world 52k a year is a lot of money
    In footballing terms at championship level it is absolutely f all though. I could understand if it was an extra 5k a week or so but 1k and a straight rejection is poor showing. Same as the Gnanduillet bid, ok so they want double, offer half and go from there, we have 0 bargaining skills unless it's for a player on the cheap by the sounds of things, this isn't league 1 anymore, we aren't gonna get by offering 4k a week 2 year contracts.

Football world isn't realistic as far as money goes I'm afraid.

5-8k a week contracts = more than likely bang average players = chance of relegation every season. How a group has spent millions and now won't break the wage structure ever so slightly is beyond me
    Not meant as a arguement by the way (its juest an awful lot of extra money), however if Id agreed terms and as has been speculated the agent then comes back and wants an extra grand a week, Id tell them to get off the bus too.
    I honestly wouldn't but it's all opinions mate. Reality is football is changing, a lot of footballers are ego maniacs and you really do pay for what you get in this league and the prem. It's not like league 1 where a work rate can outshine ability cause the ability is so much lower in that league. If we are not offering decent wages then we are in danger of being a Wigan, Rotherham, Barnsley etc type. Too good for league 1 but not showing enough ambition to stay in the championship. We have been told they are wealthy, 52k a year is a drop in the ocean football money wise. I just don't see how a player can not be worth the extra grand a week if it was someone of quality
    It doesn't sound like a lot, but if this player was offered 5k, and asked for 6k instead at the last minute, that's a 20% increase. (I think, terrible at maths). If Gallen said he wasn't worth it, I have to believe him.
    It also shows a lack of respect for both the club and the people doing the deals (Gallen, Southall, Bowyer). If terms have been agreed, and at the last minute you try and be cheeky and ask for more, then you’re not the type of person we need in the team. Don’t push the boundaries, even if it is a drop in the ocean in terms of how football money is now. That one gesture is enough to say, no you’re not worth it.
    I agree with all 3 of you but at the end of the day it sounds like there was an agreement in principal and I still think both parties are fools, Charlton for potentially cutting a limb over a 5 figure sum and a player doing the same. 

The way I see it we are in a crisis, people keep saying we aren't etc, we are basically relying on other teams being shit, how many leagues would a team be able to get 1 win in 15 games and stay out of the relegation zone. In 5 games if the form carries on we will be. The two players we have been heavily linked with (Maddison and Gnanduillet) are both performing at the highest level in the league below, usually players who are, are capable of making the jump. Both would no doubt in my mind have given the fans and team a boost, we would be more likely to pick up points over the next few games and even if we did make the drop (I genuinely think we are likely btw) then at least we have two players under long contracts that we know can do the business. Hypothetically if we don't sign anyone and go down we will definitely struggle to sign quality players, Marcus Maddison would be impossible for instance.

I just think rich owners, going on about marquee signings and how January was so important haven't shown us yet. Saw a comment earlier saying 'no one else has spent' well being blunt we probably have one of the worst squads in this league (at present) and the teams above aren't in desperate need of getting bodies in. If we don't sign one player for the rest of this month it's a disaster and we will be in an absolute dog fight 
  • I would like to add that the January transfer window can be a bit like an auction.

Lots of frustrated comments that we've only got Green in on loan (yes I'm frustrated as well).

But most clubs and players are still mid auction and are waiting for higher bids. 

The majority of deals happens when the auction is coming to a close ie in the last few days and specifically on the final day.

Surely we all know this if we're honest ?
    Bump.
    So were going to leave it to the last minute to get a few players in?

• Fair to say we are feeling underwhelmed due to new ownership taking over and presumption of unlimited oil and investment fund money. Nothing wrong with that! 
    Still time, we pray. 
  • clb74 said:
    So far I don't see the benefit of rushing to get in during January.

Exactly this.
    Williams  Hemed Cullen and Forster Caskey are all about to return. 
    Leave rebuilding the squad until the summer. 
    So these players are ready to play 90  minutes Blackpool?
    Why the rush to takeover in January?
    Shut up.
    You wearing shorts tomorrow. 
    So as it you think weve got enough to stay up?
    No.
  • An absolute shite week down at CAFC, Preston/Fulham game forfeited, Gallagher gone.  Genuinely thought we’d have two through the door minimum this week instead we are -1.

That's the spirit! Might I remind you that we got a very creditable draw against the league leaders last Saturday?
    My spirit won’t increase or decrease the likelihood of us getting points from them games, players will.  And we are weaker now than we was against West Brom.
  • To be fair, the new owners have made promises and as of yet we haven't seen what they have promised materialise. When we do, the atmosphere will surely change. 
  • An absolute shite week down at CAFC, Preston/Fulham game forfeited, Gallagher gone.  Genuinely thought we’d have two through the door minimum this week instead we are -1.

That's the spirit! Might I remind you that we got a very creditable draw against the league leaders last Saturday?
    My spirit won’t increase or decrease the likelihood of us getting points from them games, players will.  And we are weaker now than we was against West Brom.
    I’m guessing you’re saying we’re weaker as Conor left but tbh I think Josh is more important and with it looking like he’s back tomorrow, along with a few others, I think we’re actually stronger. Loved Conor for us but I think Cullen’s absence has shown how important he was in making us tick and his impact on others play. I think Williams being back too is just as crucial. 
  • Sponsored links:

• To be fair, the new owners have made promises and as of yet we haven't seen what they have promised materialise. When we do, the atmosphere will surely change. 
    I'm guessing a couple of players in anf owners and management think that will be enough to keep us up.
    What promises are these ? @MuttleyCAFC
  • Oggy Red said:
    Ive heard of a possible foreign signing

Ex Champs/prem

Will see if it comes off but Im not one to just release info passed on as I had to prise it out.

If it comes off then amazed if true

Not Andy Delort, then?

hahaha no mate played in London, however, Ill say the name I heard but not until after transfer window as could be people putting names out there just to look good.
    Don't say the name, could disrupt the move.
  • RedChaser said:
    RedChaser said:
    clb74 said:
    So far I don't see the benefit of rushing to get in during January.

Exactly this.
    Williams  Hemed Cullen and Forster Caskey are all about to return. 
    Leave rebuilding the squad until the summer. 
    So these players are ready to play 90  minutes Blackpool?
    Why the rush to takeover in January?
    Shut up.
    You wearing shorts tomorrow. 
    He's a brave lad if he does 😉
    No choice, he does not own any trousers.
    Lend him some of yours, ankle swingers are coming back into fashion 😉
    But my trousers are his shorts!
  • mart77 said:
    An absolute shite week down at CAFC, Preston/Fulham game forfeited, Gallagher gone.  Genuinely thought we’d have two through the door minimum this week instead we are -1.

I’m guessing you’re saying we’re weaker as Conor left but tbh I think Josh is more important and with it looking like he’s back tomorrow, along with a few others, I think we’re actually stronger. Loved Conor for us but I think Cullen’s absence has shown how important he was in making us tick and his impact on others play. I think Williams being back too is just as crucial. 
    Josh is more important I agree but I’m talking short term.  Those players gave their left nuts against West Brom and it was a draw, away up at Preston minus our current best fully fit player makes us weaker, Cullen won’t play tomorrow and Williams isn’t at his level yet.
  • Madison is the new Andy delort 
    What promises are these ? @MuttleyCAFC
    About bringing players in. In the programme last week said they needed to rush in because the January window is so important. So far it has been underwhelming. I accept there is still time, but we are playing games in January and our situation going into it was desperate due to the injuries.
  • edited January 2020
    mart77 said:
    An absolute shite week down at CAFC, Preston/Fulham game forfeited, Gallagher gone.  Genuinely thought we’d have two through the door minimum this week instead we are -1.

Josh is more important I agree but I’m talking short term.  Those players gave their left nuts against West Brom and it was a draw, away up at Preston minus our current best fully fit player makes us weaker, Cullen won’t play tomorrow and Williams isn’t at his level yet.
    I could be wrong but I'm sure someone said Conor's weekly ratings on here were in decline for a while? That's not to say we won't miss him we certainly will but had he been reproducing his early season form of late is worth asking the question at least?

Williams came off the bench on Saturday at 1-2 down, did what he does and won us a cheap free kick for our equaliser.

It can be argued the loss of Gallagher can be replaced by the impact of Williams but I can accept Conor will still be a huge loss I'm just not sure we're really much weaker than last weekend.
  • edited January 2020
    clb74 said:
    I would like to add that the January transfer window can be a bit like an auction.

Lots of frustrated comments that we've only got Green in on loan (yes I'm frustrated as well).

But most clubs and players are still mid auction and are waiting for higher bids. 

The majority of deals happens when the auction is coming to a close ie in the last few days and specifically on the final day.

Bump.

When are most of the winning bids made on an e bay auction, at the start or towards the end ?

NB I'm not suggesting the winning bids will be ours.
  • Sponsored links:

• mart77 said:

I could be wrong but I'm sure someone said Conor's weekly ratings on here were in decline for a while? That's not to say we won't miss him we certainly will but had he been reproducing his early season form of late is worth asking the question at least?

Williams came off the bench on Saturday at 1-2 down, did what he does and won us a cheap free kick for our equaliser.

It can be argued the loss of Gallagher can be replaced by the impact of Williams but I can accept Conor will still be a huge loss I'm just not sure we're really much weaker than last weekend.
    Each to their own, hope you’re correct.
  • What about Tom Carroll from Swansea? 

He looks on the way out now as does the left back Declan John who kept Morgan Fox and Rhoys Wiggins out of the Welsh squad a couple of years ago. 
  • edited January 2020
    mart77 said:

That was me Martin, he played nine games after his suspension and averaged 6.66 per game in the players marks, down from his overall 7.17? Which Lancs posted when he was recalled. The effects of being overplayed and clobbered every game no doubt the reason,
  • clb74 said:
    I would like to add that the January transfer window can be a bit like an auction.

Bump.

That's usually what happens for many clubs in the January window.

• Oggy Red said:
    clb74 said:

Bump.

That's usually what happens for many clubs in the January window.

We’ve lost three and gained one already.
  • Conor is the only one to really leave, the others would have been out of the team regardless. 

Look at how this window is going, very little business is being done at the moment 
  • edited January 2020
    Not that I ever thought we were in for him.
  • Toffolo evidently wanted to play again for the manager who first signed him for Lincoln.

• clb74 said:

Bump.

When are most of the winning bids made on an e bay auction, at the start or towards the end ?

NB I'm not suggesting the winning bids will be ours.

We're buying players off Ebay now?!?!? FFS!!!!! It just keeps getting worse! I think I preferred it when they come off of youtube.

Groupon as well, I believe the players are cheaper on that.