Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• Anything happening or are we still talking Maddison?
  • pettgra said:
    It isn’t clutching at straws time yet; however,it is getting close to that.
    There is a bloke called Benson banging in the goals for Bedford Town; perhaps we should go for him.
     Was thinking the other day they might bring an old reliable face back to give the fans a gee up. Was actually thinking Kermorgant.

Think Benson might be stretching it!
    Yup. It would be panic buying with a double capitalP,!
  • We will make a signing today seemingly in time to play against Preston. The efl will tell us we missed the midday deadline by 30 seconds. We will appeal and the efl will tell us, after the Preston game, that they made a mistake he could and should have been available for that game. Said player will be injured by a pot hole in the car park before the fulham game
  • hasnt Kermogant semi-retired to France? 
    Didn’t Bows do the same...
    As you were fishing for a LOL, happy to oblige.
  • hasnt Kermogant semi-retired to France? 

heard there is a vacancy to run a carp fishing business …….
    As you were fishing for a LOL, happy to oblige

That's it "No fishing allowed even with a permit !"
  • Oggy Red said:
    He mentioned small things or 'if we're not quite there' at the press conference before he'd apparently even seen the offer so yes it goes back before the productive talks the other day.

My take, he's known what ESI were offering around the time they walked through the door in November!

This the THE pivotal moment. Without Bowyer we could seriously be hurtling back to league one.
    I don't think he's an unreasonable man.He's proved as much many times over since he's been in charge. He just wants what is fair. 

The delay or reluctance to give it to him is a big concern.
    Yeah, but Bowyer also said yesterday that his priority right now is preparing for the Preston game - and finalising the contract can wait until after that.

One moment his contract can wait until after the window, then it's a key priority so that we can sign players, now it's been pushed aside by the Preston game.

I really hope it's sorted over the weekend, as I don't think it would be helpful if by Tuesday, Bowyer is once again concentrating on the next match
  • So we are told that if Maddison doesn't sign for another club, Posh won't play him anyway.

This is brilliant play by Gallen as Posh will obviously cancel his contract, so that we can pick him up for nothing the first week in February. 
  • edited January 2020
    Dear Diary,
    Day 17: Only Green, a loanee from Aston Villa has joined and despite having an owner from UAE, the rumour that HE, had to take out a loan from Wonga may be correct?
    Matt Southall, a really nice guy that looks younger and better looking than Darren Pratley is so into being honest with the fans that he is tripping himself up by leaving the minutiae out of his comments ? Only that they don't  own the ground or Sparrows.
    I really don't want to CAST any negative comments about a young whippersnapper.

We thought the R word was never going to be mentioned again, but really negative folk on CL started a Relegation thread. Also that nasty man Roland who was banished to room 101 in a bunker in Brussels has escaped and is still the landlord.

Preview of day 18, can only get better ?
    Apologies forgot we are away to Preston and Naby is our top goal scorer even thou he can only have a maximum of 10 minutes up front because he will get caught offside more than Darren Bent.

Preview of day 19, things can only get better...
  • So we are told that if Maddison doesn't sign for another club, Posh won't play him anyway.

This is brilliant play by Gallen as Posh will obviously cancel his contract, so that we can pick him up for nothing the first week in February. 
    I doubt they would cancel his contract. Just put him in the reserves and not play him
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2020
    I just wish the Peterborough chairman hadn’t set hares running with his Twitter post. This thread is taking up more time than the takeover thread 
  • Dan Barlaser?
  • PopIcon said:
    Dan Barlaser?
    what about him?
  • RedChaser said:
    RedChaser said:
    Chunes said:
    wmcf123 said:
    1 Maddison will not be costing £2.5M, probably less than £1M.

2 Ok he may not be the role model footballer but we didn't complain too much about Di Canio.

I hope we get him, but there's only one person that knows & that's him.

Unfortunately, Brum is closer than London for him.
    Di Canio was a world class player though.
    Top notch trainer as well, by all accounts
    That was the thing that struck me most of all watching Di Canio live. You knew he’d have skill and a footballing brain that others could only dream about but I couldn’t believe how hard the guy worked on the field.
    Best player I have ever seen in a Charlton shirt.
    Allan Simonsen surely or did you only start going when we were in the Premiership 😀
    A lot of fans wouldn't even have been born
    Have you seen Elfsborg ? Unless he had a hard upbringing I’m pretty sure he was born ! 
    I can confirm Elfsborg is 85
    Eighty five Centimetres ? 😜
    Hopefully see you tomorrow mate 
    Yes looking forward to it, wrap up well because following a lot of wet weather up here we are now in for a cold dry spell starting tonight, safe journey 👍.

The thinning of blood does not help as you get older.
  • Millwall after mason Bennett and Ryan woods, would be good signings for us surely?

Ryan Woods is having a medical today after agreeing terms for a loan deal with us.

I don't know anything about him so can't comment if he's any good or not.

We're a bit short of midfielders at the moment so hoping he's got something about him.

Probably not as he would not be signing for you boys.
  • wmcf123 said:
    1 Maddison will not be costing £2.5M, probably less than £1M.

2 Ok he may not be the role model footballer but we didn't complain too much about Di Canio.

I hope we get him, but there's only one person that knows & that's him.

Unfortunately, Brum is closer than London for him.
    Di Canio was a world class player though.
    Top notch trainer as well, by all accounts
    That was the thing that struck me most of all watching Di Canio live. You knew he’d have skill and a footballing brain that others could only dream about but I couldn’t believe how hard the guy worked on the field.
    Best player I have ever seen in a Charlton shirt.
    Allan Simonsen surely or did you only start going when we were in the Premiership 😀
    What he means is until 2003 the club didn’t allow high chairs in the ground. 

Fortunately they do now.
  • I'm just glad that ESI got the deal done early and were in situ at the start of the window. Just imagine the pickle we'd be in if they hadn't ….
    Did you know that they're also going to buy the Valley & SL? It's true, the chairman said so in one of the interviews.
  • He mentioned small things or 'if we're not quite there' at the press conference before he'd apparently even seen the offer so yes it goes back before the productive talks the other day.

My take, he's known what ESI were offering around the time they walked through the door in November!

This the THE pivotal moment.

With or Without Bowyer we are probably hurtling back to league one.

I don't think he's an unreasonable man.He's proved as much many times over since he's been in charge. He just wants what is fair. 

The delay or reluctance to give it to him is a big concern.
    Just amended that for you
  • Sponsored links:

• Only if there’s a proper bid
    Quote Tweet
    · 17m
    @reluctantnicko Any more information on Gnanduillet leaving Blackpool.
  • Maddison.
    Vydra
  • Archie Bell and the drells
  • Millwall after mason Bennett and Ryan woods, would be good signings for us surely?

Ryan Woods is having a medical today after agreeing terms for a loan deal with us.

I don't know anything about him so can't comment if he's any good or not.

We're a bit short of midfielders at the moment so hoping he's got something about him.

Probably not as he would not be signing for you boys.
    He has just signed for Millwall for rest of season
  • edited January 2020
    Seriously what the hell is up with the quote box!? 
  • thenewbie said:
    Operator error 😉
  • RedChaser said:
    thenewbie said:
    Operator error 😉
    Probably!