Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• Would much rather sign Josh Cullen full time than get Maddison, besides Google UK news
    reporting Birmingham now have bid accepted. He wants to go back up North
    so guess Birmingham (midlands) much better for him!
    Same knowledge of geography as Dale Stephens.
    He rejected their first contract offer. Darren Ferguson said as much yesterday 

• Oh. Well that's Friday over before it's barely begun. 
  • Scoham said:
    3:30 Ferguson talks about Maddison:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHZsbj4Ac4o
    Scoham said:

He's putting pressure on Mads to get moving on a move away .. Fergie wants the  cash to bring a couple in and as he stated, does not want a malcontent in his squad
  • Scoham said:

Scoham said:

He's putting pressure on Mads to get moving on a move away .. Fergie wants the  cash to bring a couple in and as he stated, does not want a malcontent in his squad

Think they already have the replacement sorted - be interested to see if Maddison decides to run down his contract whether he keeps his threat not to pick him. Doesnt sound from this like they want him around.
  • cafc-west said:
    Anyone else think that our inability to get deals done is because Bowyer and Gallen now lack the expertise and guidance of Thomas Driesen?
    @Henry Irving  - Shameless trolling for LOLs...

Ah, but for professional LOL-farming, you want to see @hoof_it_up_to_benty on the US politics thread.
  • Anyone else think that our inability to get deals done is because Bowyer and Gallen now lack the expertise and guidance of Thomas Driesen?
    Carry on posting classics like this and you may get a promote one day ?

I wish we lived in a transparent Cafc world and knew who Young Thomas Driesen, age 13.3/4 recommended from his database and who Phil Chappel recommended ?
    We know who Duchatelet recommended, careless hands Thurman.

• edited January 2020
    I won't believe anything until i hear from @Brown59

#BrownThreadsMatter
    Quite disappointed that the w@nk3rs thread was pulled. Thought it might have some legs. 
    #Brownslifesmatter
  • Sponsored links:

• Now there's no point wasting the rest of my morning on Charlton Life.

• Oggy Red said:

Now there's no point wasting the rest of my morning on Charlton Life.

But there is always a chance
  • Not a surprise nothing will be announced today, if everyone has already left for Preston this morning. 

Just for the sake of the atmosphere in the camp AND in the stands, we do need some good news before Fulham though
    Most certainly, I have to agree. Even with deals likely to be done closer to the window, with the way people are feeling and how we do really need players, to make things calmer and easier to perform well on Wednesday, we really ought to bring in at least one player. 
  • I vaguely remember reading before the transfer window we were looking at some young lad released from one of the big European clubs like Inter or something.  Assume nothing came of it - anyone else remember that?
    We had a guy called Fonseca playing for the under 23's. Seemed ok but looks to have disappeared.
    That was him.  Thanks.  
    Fonseca is a Portuguese name, so it’s likely that is where he’s from.
  • Still no Bowyer?

Don't care much for all the guff on this thread. In all honesty I don't think we'll see anyone walking through the door until we get him sorted.

• Any signings before mid day allows them to play tomorrow, come on Charlton,pull year finger out 
  • doronron said:
    Any signings before mid day allows them to play tomorrow, come on Charlton,pull year finger out 
    We've got 2 minutes left.

It's not going to happen is it .......?

As OoohAaaargh might have said:
    0% chance of signings 100% chance nothing is going to happen before noon.

• Sponsored links:

• Right thats it 12 o clock too late now for signings today Im off down the pub
  • He mentioned small things or 'if we're not quite there' at the press conference before he'd apparently even seen the offer so yes it goes back before the productive talks the other day.

My take, he's known what ESI were offering around the time they walked through the door in November!

This the THE pivotal moment. Without Bowyer we could seriously be hurtling back to league one.
    I don't think he's an unreasonable man.He's proved as much many times over since he's been in charge. He just wants what is fair. 

The delay or reluctance to give it to him is a big concern.
  • It isn’t clutching at straws time yet; however,it is getting close to that.
    There is a bloke called Benson banging in the goals for Bedford Town; perhaps we should go for him.
  • edited January 2020
    pettgra said:
    It isn’t clutching at straws time yet; however,it is getting close to that.
    There is a bloke called Benson banging in the goals for Bedford Town; perhaps we should go for him.
     Was thinking the other day they might bring an old reliable face back to give the fans a gee up. Was actually thinking Kermorgant.

Think Benson might be stretching it!
  • hasnt Kermogant semi-retired to France? 
    Didn’t Bows do the same...

heard there is a vacancy to run a carp fishing business …….