Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• Not a rumour but if we've missed out on Harry Toffolo to Huddersfield Denver Hume has impressed me for Sunderland this year. Definitely someone that would improve us now and has potential to be worth more in a few years time. 
  • bobmunro said:
    If someone refuses to say the name of a player they have been told we might sign but still post in here. 

Sorry to be harsh but, it's either attention seeking or bullshit. 

Just don't say anything. 

I think it's fine - whoever it is (and we will sign somebody soon!) they can say 'yes that's the one'.

Also, I like opening birthday and Christmas presents not knowing in advance what I've got! But I do have a feeling that this might be a pair of socks.
    More like being told you have a surprise gift from someone but ending up with fk all 
  • Millwall after mason Bennett and Ryan woods, would be good signings for us surely?
  • I have heard 3 names from various sources - 1 more reliable than others I must add. -  ill put the 3 names it ive heard -  Scott Fraser from Burton , Billy Gilmour ( loan from Chelsea ) - Matej Vydra. 
    Vydra would be a nice signing but we’d have no chance, there’s loads of clubs in this league that would pay more to sign him. 
  • I have heard 3 names from various sources - 1 more reliable than others I must add. -  ill put the 3 names it ive heard -  Scott Fraser from Burton , Billy Gilmour ( loan from Chelsea ) - Matej Vydra. 
    Vydra would be a nice signing but we’d have no chance, there’s loads of clubs in this league that would pay more to sign him. 
    Vydra was one of the three names that Sage mentioned just after we'd signed Green so would make sense in a way

Agreed though he would be a bit of a coup
  • Leeds were lining up a £7m+ deal for Vydra.
    Fraser and Maddison both on this list.
  • Sponsored links:

• @Stig you're good with graphics how about knocking up a sort of grid with all the names of players we might be signing on it and we can play a game akin to pin the tail on a donkey 😉.
  • Can't see us signing Vydra , quality player that Burnley will want serious cash to sell. 
  • Pedro45 said:
    The thing I recall about DiCanio was how much he enjoyed that season. I remember Lisbie's Hat-trick against Liverpool and his delight from the sidelines having been substituted. His best days were behind him, but he still had enough to inject some real quality into what was a very good side.
    Anybody with the foresight and bottle to chip David Seaman from the penalty spot was probably having the best season of his whole career
    Errr, Seaman wasn't playing.  It was the German goalie Lehmann (Sp?).
    Warmed up by heading the crossbar - absolute lunatic!
    Yep, local press are citing Birmingham (but, money?) and Leeds (money no problem, and best for Vydra's need to impress the national team coach).
  • Pedro45 said:
    The thing I recall about DiCanio was how much he enjoyed that season. I remember Lisbie's Hat-trick against Liverpool and his delight from the sidelines having been substituted. His best days were behind him, but he still had enough to inject some real quality into what was a very good side.
    Anybody with the foresight and bottle to chip David Seaman from the penalty spot was probably having the best season of his whole career
    Errr, Seaman wasn't playing.  It was the German goalie Lehmann (Sp?).
    Warmed up by heading the crossbar - absolute lunatic!
    First the good news. Lehman looks dazed after nutting the crossbar, now the bad news we need a new crossbar...................Paddy!
    Thanks for sharing
  • lots of rumours, surely something is going down.....i am sure Bows has been working non stop to make things happen with our Stevie G
  • Millwall after mason Bennett and Ryan woods, would be good signings for us surely?

Ryan Woods is having a medical today after agreeing terms for a loan deal with us.

I don't know anything about him so can't comment if he's any good or not.

We're a bit short of midfielders at the moment so hoping he's got something about him.

Vydra was one of the three names that Sage mentioned just after we'd signed Green so would make sense in a way

Quite glad someone else has heard the same name. When he was mentioned to me before, it was a loan move, not permanent.

Of course, as said before he might be one we revisit at the end of the window, just had a baby and his wages are going to be high. Who knows though, sure there’s a lot of players we would like that many others would too.
  • Sponsored links:

• Sage said:
    I have heard 3 names from various sources - 1 more reliable than others I must add. -  ill put the 3 names it ive heard -  Scott Fraser from Burton , Billy Gilmour ( loan from Chelsea ) - Matej Vydra. 

Quite glad someone else has heard the same name. When he was mentioned to me before, it was a loan move, not permanent.

Of course, as said before he might be one we revisit at the end of the window, just had a baby and his wages are going to be high. Who knows though, sure there’s a lot of players we would like that many others would too.
    Yeah if Vydra were to sign Id be surprised if it wasnt a loan deal
  • edited January 2020
    Anyone else think that our inability to get deals done is because Bowyer and Gallen now lack the expertise and guidance of Thomas Driesen?
    Normally I would say I can only speak for myself, but in this case I would say "Er, no, not really".
  • Anyone else think that our inability to get deals done is because Bowyer and Gallen now lack the expertise and guidance of Thomas Driesen?
    Not expertise Henry, all 3 are in their underpants in little Tommy's bedroom, scratching their balls with one hand eating cheesy wotsits with the other and watching player videos on YouTube. 
  • Anyone else think that our inability to get deals done is because Bowyer and Gallen now lack the expertise and guidance of Thomas Driesen?
    Not expertise Henry, all 3 are in their underpants in little Tommy's bedroom, scratching their balls with one hand eating cheesy wotsits with the other and watching player videos on YouTube. 
    What a horrid picture to put in my mind!!

Those three will do nicely.

Make it so SG.
    @Henry Irving  - Shameless trolling for LOLs...

• So, just to be clear, what exactly does not saying the name achieve? Everyone on here knows how rumours work, some come off and some don’t. No need to build up suspense just come out with it. 
    Maybe the poster in question can clear up the previous rumour that they posted about a captain from London before sending out another unnamed player with a vague description.

I won’t hold my breath though.
    It wasn't me that posted the rumour, but I'm confident the player is Harlee Dean.
  • Said every Friday but remember

Just because a player isnt announced by 12noon doesnt mean the deal wasnt completed before then in terms of eligibility for the game tomorrow