Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• edited January 2020
    Edited- see I'm late to the news again
  • wmcf123 said:
    1 Maddison will not be costing £2.5M, probably less than £1M.

2 Ok he may not be the role model footballer but we didn't complain too much about Di Canio.

I hope we get him, but there's only one person that knows & that's him.

Unfortunately, Brum is closer than London for him.
    Di Canio was a world class player though.
    Top notch trainer as well, by all accounts
    I remember reading a magazine interview with him about his pre pre-season training regie and it was brutal stuff up in the hills in Italy somewhere.
  • Today is the day, Bowyer to sign just before Preston.

(that’s me just hoping) 
  • I reckon we’ll have bowyer + one player today.

The player has to sign before mid-day to be eligible for tomorrow, right? 
  • Won't be Maddison, He was in Alaska 6h ago finishing a workout at the Gym Peterborough.
  • The next two weeks will be crucial
  • Swisdom said:
    This is like playing “the masked singer”

who could it be...
    Alan Johnson?
  • Sponsored links:

• The thing I recall about DiCanio was how much he enjoyed that season. I remember Lisbie's Hat-trick against Liverpool and his delight from the sidelines having been substituted. His best days were behind him, but he still had enough to inject some real quality into what was a very good side.
    Anybody with the foresight and bottle to chip David Seaman from the penalty spot was probably having the best season of his whole career
  • edited January 2020
    I understand the valid questions about Madison's character and the fact he has spent six years at Peterborough since the move from Gateshead but to question his ability with his goals and assists record to step up to the Championship is like saying can Taylor  make the step up. Sometimes stats don't lie.
  • The thing I recall about DiCanio was how much he enjoyed that season. I remember Lisbie's Hat-trick against Liverpool and his delight from the sidelines having been substituted. His best days were behind him, but he still had enough to inject some real quality into what was a very good side.
    Anybody with the foresight and bottle to chip David Seaman from the penalty spot was probably having the best season of his whole career
    He only scored 4 goals that season all from penalty spot , great player 
  • wmcf123 said:

2 Ok he may not be the role model footballer but we didn't complain too much about Di Canio.

That was the thing that struck me most of all watching Di Canio live. You knew he’d have skill and a footballing brain that others could only dream about but I couldn’t believe how hard the guy worked on the field.
    Best player I have ever seen in a Charlton shirt.
    Allan Simonsen surely or did you only start going when we were in the Premiership 😀
    A lot of fans wouldn't even have been born
  • Chunes said:
    wmcf123 said:

That was the thing that struck me most of all watching Di Canio live. You knew he’d have skill and a footballing brain that others could only dream about but I couldn’t believe how hard the guy worked on the field.
    Allan Simonsen surely or did you only start going when we were in the Premiership 😀
    Have you seen Elfsborg ? Unless he had a hard upbringing I’m pretty sure he was born ! 
    I can confirm Elfsborg is 85
  • Chunes said:
    wmcf123 said:

Have you seen Elfsborg ? Unless he had a hard upbringing I’m pretty sure he was born ! 
    Eighty five Centimetres ? 😜
  • Sponsored links:

• Swisdom said:
    This is like playing “the masked singer”

who could it be...
    Alan Johnson?
    Is he giving up his stint on This Week then...??
  • RedChaser said:
    Chunes said:
    wmcf123 said:

Hopefully see you tomorrow mate 
  • edited January 2020
    RedChaser said:
    Chunes said:
    wmcf123 said:

Hopefully see you tomorrow mate 
    Yes looking forward to it, wrap up well because following a lot of wet weather up here we are now in for a cold dry spell starting tonight, safe journey 👍.
  • Where's Mario Balotelli these days?
  • The magic of the updated squad list working straight away.

No sooner than it is put up than rumours of not one but two signings appear.

Reach out and like the updated squad list to increase its magic power.
    And if it gets a promote we might actually sign someone? :-)
  • I don't think DiCanio was our best player that year. But his quality was important. We had a very strong team.
  • If someone refuses to say the name of a player they have been told we might sign but still post in here. 

Sorry to be harsh but, it's either attention seeking or bullshit. 

Just don't say anything.