Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• Ive heard of a possible foreign signing

Ex Champs/prem

Will see if it comes off but Im not one to just release info passed on as I had to prise it out.

If it comes off then amazed if true

Lookman 
    Behave
  • Sage said:
    Random guess that fits being former Premier League and Championship, now abroad and probably wages well out of our budget... Max Gradel
    Random guess, Sage? With your .... erm, connections we thought you would know.

I bet Bexley Boy does. :smile:

• Sage said:
    Random guess that fits being former Premier League and Championship, now abroad and probably wages well out of our budget... Max Gradel
    Went to school at Lewisham Southwark college
  • edited January 2020
    Haha noooo don’t say Gradel!! It’ll be like Groundhog Day...

We went into the first Jan window with Roland thinking we were gonna sign Gradel and ended up with Peter Parsley...
  • Sage said:
    Went to school at Lewisham Southwark college
    Wasnt the name I heard. 
  • Oggy Red said:
    Sage said:
    Random guess, Sage? With your .... erm, connections we thought you would know.

I bet Bexley Boy does. :smile:

Ha, not knowing all the time Oggy. I get bits and pieces, which admittedly are very much more to do with current players like injuries and the Gallagher situation. I’ve got a few things before to do with transfers, but if you’re looking for someone very much in the know on the transfer side for us, that unfortunately isn’t me.

I’ll give Gallen a call in the morning :wink: 
  • Honestly pal, youd never guess which is why I wouldnt believe it.

Player would have been well off the radar for me.
    Daniel Sturridge.
  • Haha noooo don’t say Gradel!! It’ll be like Groundhog Day...

We went into the first Jan window with Roland thinking we were gonna sign Gradel and ended up with Peter Parsley...
    Thankfully it’s been cleared up it’s not Gradel. Last thing this site needs is another Groundhog Day. Was just trying to fit the profile and he came to mind.
  • Any players agent will also know how desperate we are to have people play soon and will ask over the odds for a quick deal. It may be that by not giving in to short term factors does us well in the long run. Could be these points are vital to staying up. Either way I can see the reasoning in not being bent over backwards by agents. Got to set a precedent. 
  • Leigh Cattermole?
  • Sponsored links:

• Sage said:

Thankfully it’s been cleared up it’s not Gradel. Last thing this site needs is another Groundhog Day. Was just trying to fit the profile and he came to mind.
    It's not Gradel? Did Steve Gallen mind you calling him this late at night?

• So, just to be clear, what exactly does not saying the name achieve? Everyone on here knows how rumours work, some come off and some don’t. No need to build up suspense just come out with it. 
  • Oggy Red said:
    Sage said:

It's not Gradel? Did Steve Gallen mind you calling him this late at night?

Very good :joy:
  • So, just to be clear, what exactly does not saying the name achieve? Everyone on here knows how rumours work, some come off and some don’t. No need to build up suspense just come out with it. 
    Yeah I'm with you. A lot of us have heard stuff that's gone on to be incorrect or not worked out. Would prefer the player is just named. Although saying that were all tense at the minute so that's contributing! 
  • I'm gonna take a punt on Hugo Rodallega or Adel Taraabt.

It doesn't work like that, does it?

You're given confidential information ..... and the moment you blab it all over some internet football forum, you can be sure you'll never again be trusted to keep your mouth shut.

• Oggy Red said:
    So, just to be clear, what exactly does not saying the name achieve? Everyone on here knows how rumours work, some come off and some don’t. No need to build up suspense just come out with it. 
    It doesn't work like that, does it?

You're given confidential information ..... and the moment you blab it all over some internet football forum, you can be sure you'll never again be trusted to keep your mouth shut.

Doucher gets away with it...
  • It's...Rebekah Vardy 
    Would make sense. Just had a baby so would be out for the rest of the season...
  • Sponsored links:

• Zlatan!  Then again when he heard that what the Malmö fans did to his statue is.nothing compared to the roasting he'll get from CL forum if he puts in a performance less than 9.5/10. So he's bottled it. 
    Maybe the poster in question can clear up the previous rumour that they posted about a captain from London before sending out another unnamed player with a vague description.

I won’t hold my breath though.
    Maybe the poster in question can clear up the previous rumour that they posted about a captain from London before sending out another unnamed player with a vague description.

I won’t hold my breath though.
    Ohhh same person. I'm no longer intrested in anything they have to say...
  • TEL said:
    I really hope that Midfielder wasn't Mowatt or Maddison that we were penny pinching over, 52k a year extra is hardly crazy money for a proper player
    In the real world 52k a year is a lot of money
    In footballing terms at championship level it is absolutely f all though. I could understand if it was an extra 5k a week or so but 1k and a straight rejection is poor showing. Same as the Gnanduillet bid, ok so they want double, offer half and go from there, we have 0 bargaining skills unless it's for a player on the cheap by the sounds of things, this isn't league 1 anymore, we aren't gonna get by offering 4k a week 2 year contracts.

Football world isn't realistic as far as money goes I'm afraid.

5-8k a week contracts = more than likely bang average players = chance of relegation every season. How a group has spent millions and now won't break the wage structure ever so slightly is beyond me
    Not meant as a arguement by the way (its juest an awful lot of extra money), however if Id agreed terms and as has been speculated the agent then comes back and wants an extra grand a week, Id tell them to get off the bus too.
  • 1 Maddison will not be costing £2.5M, probably less than £1M.

2 Ok he may not be the role model footballer but we didn't complain too much about Di Canio.

I hope we get him, but there's only one person that knows & that's him.

Unfortunately, Brum is closer than London for him.
    Di Canio was a world class player though.
  • 1 Maddison will not be costing £2.5M, probably less than £1M.

2 Ok he may not be the role model footballer but we didn't complain too much about Di Canio.

Top notch trainer as well, by all accounts
  • wmcf123 said:
    1 Maddison will not be costing £2.5M, probably less than £1M.

But nobody would referee the practice games.
  • wmcf123 said:

That was the thing that struck me most of all watching Di Canio live. You knew he’d have skill and a footballing brain that others could only dream about but I couldn’t believe how hard the guy worked on the field.
  • wmcf123 said:

That was the thing that struck me most of all watching Di Canio live. You knew he’d have skill and a footballing brain that others could only dream about but I couldn’t believe how hard the guy worked on the field.
    Best player I have ever seen in a Charlton shirt.