Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• It looks very much like he would like a nice signing on fee and choice of clubs in the summer. Ferguson probably wants the deal done so he can use some of the money to strengthen, but players near the end of their contracts have the power. 
    But it does sound, from what his manager said today, that Maddison has been frozen out at Posh.

That's both the manager and the chairman wanting the player to leave .... the manager doesn't want the disruption and the chairman wants whatever cash he can get.

It's on your bike, Marcus. I wouldn't wait too long to make your mind up.
    We'll  have other targets on the shopping list.

• Valley11 said:

Scoham said:
    3:30 Ferguson talks about Maddison:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHZsbj4Ac4o
    Very interesting that. Thanks for posting S@Scoham

Ferguson basically saying - we offered you a great contract in the summer and you turned it down because you wanted Championship football. Charlton have offered you that with a great deal, and you’re still not happy.
    So that’s enough, you’re not playing for us for the rest of the season.

Not sure it’s the best start to his career with us, if he signs. Feels a bit like the Ben Reeves transfer. 
    Fair play to DF. 
    Unless Maddison stays, in which case he'll be back by March.
  • I’m not sure the Maddison is the right type of player we need . I get the impression he’s trouble and if we do end up offering him silly money it will only disrupt the current squad . I won’t lose any sleep if he doesn’t sign . 
    Agree
  • Yes, what DF is saying is trying to force the player's hand but they get a few injuries and he'll be back if he doesn't go.
  • He want's to play for Sunderland, his boyhood team. No chance they have the funds now, would he be willing to hold out until the summer? Big risk and I suspect the answer is no, it's a curious one. He is exactly the type of player we need and I suspect would do well under Bowyer. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, I think it just depends if other teams land their targets.
    If he comes I suspect it will a last minute deal.
  • Does anybody know what the average salary is in the Championship?
    Yes, it’s the total wage divided by the number of players......sorry
    I thought my jokes were s***!
  • What DF said was aimed at the player. Maybe it will make Maddison think again. Maybe not.
  • Oggy Red said:
    Does anybody know what the average salary is in the Championship?
    I shouldn't think it really matters.

Not many players will receive the 'average salary'. 
    Instead it'll be whatever each club will actually pay.

It is purely out of interest to see how big the gap is between the Championship and League 1.
  • Sponsored links:

• That may be how Maddison sees it. I presume the clause went in at his agent's behest though!
  • I vaguely remember reading before the transfer window we were looking at some young lad released from one of the big European clubs like Inter or something.  Assume nothing came of it - anyone else remember that?
  • So Posh chairman announces to the world on Twitter that we have had a bid accepted hence starting a Maddison circus then Posh get upset with Maddison over the circus which has been created by the chairman.  Seems reasonable.
    Forget the £2.5m sell clause, that'll reduce by the length of time left on the contract.

Chairman wants whatever cash he can get now for the player.
    The player is worthless to him in the summer.

• This Maddison character sounds like a bit of a wench.
    Time to move on.
    I don’t think we can. We’ve promised him a space in the car park for his caravan, so need to see if all through now. 
  • I vaguely remember reading before the transfer window we were looking at some young lad released from one of the big European clubs like Inter or something.  Assume nothing came of it - anyone else remember that?
    We had a guy called Fonseca playing for the under 23's. Seemed ok but looks to have disappeared.
  • Look, just tell DF we're willing to help him out of this difficult situation....do him a favour.

Offer to take Maddison off his hands .....

.....as long as Toney is "thrown in " for good measure.

What's not to like ?

:smile:
  • A prima attitude is probably why Maddison hasn’t been signed until now by a bigger club. Having said that, his stats are outstanding and that’s why he’s coveted. Might have to either make an exception, pay the big wages and hope you can make him behave or move on. 
  • This Maddison character sounds like a bit of a wench.
    Time to move on.
    I don’t think we can. We’ve promised him a space in the car park for his caravan, so need to see if all through now. 
     Is he a traveller then?
    Makes sense.
  • Sponsored links:

• I think it unfair to say Maddison is a prima donna.  He could and should have moved on the last 3 pre-seasons.  Peterborough were willing to let him go the last two for the right money.  Clubs were unwilling to spend a large transfer fee on a star midfielder, though they're always happy to buy an overpriced Peterborough forward.

His only drop off I can remember was at the start of last season, but he was playing under Evans after no transfer materialised.
  • Are we still talking about Maddison, will it rival the takeover thread?
  • Are we still talking about Maddison, will it rival the takeover thread?
    Yes 
  • https://twitter.com/r_sultana91/status/1217928283045711872?s=21

Don’t know how to embed tweets but this guy reckons he’s been told bowyer and someone else signing tomorrow. 99% sure it’s bollox but this is a rumours thread after all
  • Personally, don't really want Madison now. Not proven at Championship level anyway. Think we could better for a couple of million quid. Also reckon he's a greedy bastard.
  • I took from LB's press conference that its he and Gallen who are being careful with the purse rather than just ESI.

If another club come in for Maddison now, then i think we will go back in with a better offer, but at the moment LB & SG are happy to wait 12-14 days.
    Well, if that is the case then anyone going to Preston should not bother & look at getting a refund as the game is a write off as far as I'm concerned 

The fact we have then PURPOSELY  re-arranged the Fulham match for the earliest possible date is even more baffling. Dont worry, because we then have 10 days to prepare for our next match. 
    Wish you would just stick to the golf...
  • 1 Maddison will not be costing £2.5M, probably less than £1M.

2 Ok he may not be the role model footballer but we didn't complain too much about Di Canio.

I hope we get him, but there's only one person that knows & that's him.

Unfortunately, Brum is closer than London for him.
  • Just been told 2 players may sign before noon tomorrow. 

Player 1 your all be underwhelmed.

Player 2 your all be whelmed. 

This may or may not happen, if it does I am obviously ITK