Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• edited January 2020
    se9addick said:
    I'm hoping we are on to Chelsea for a loan as compensation for loss of Gallagher. Must be some leverage surely? 
    With Chelsea? We have absolutely none, they fulfilled their contractual obligations. If we kick off then they’ll never loan us another player again.
    The leverage we have with Chelsea is that we did a good job with Conor and didn't kick up a fuss or demanded compensation for them recalling him in the way they did.
    What compensation were we due for Chelsea taking their player back as agreed in the contract ?
    None, I was answering a previous post that mentioned it
  • One win in fifteen is bordering on massive trouble if things don’t turn around pretty damned quick.  
    3 points adrift at the bottom of the table at end March is bordering on massive trouble. 

3 points adrift at the bottom of the table in mid-April is massive trouble. 

Currently we are not in, nor do we border, massive trouble. 

• That’s the spirit

• stonemuse said:
    One win in fifteen is bordering on massive trouble if things don’t turn around pretty damned quick.  
    3 points adrift at the bottom of the table at end March is bordering on massive trouble. 

So you are saying we are not in trouble?
  • stonemuse said:
    One win in fifteen is bordering on massive trouble if things don’t turn around pretty damned quick.  

I love the specificity is with which you define throwaway phrases!
  • Sponsored links:

• PopIcon said:
    stonemuse said:

This is crazy, why do I have to be so repetitive ... we are not in massive trouble.  

And personally, I do not believe we are in trouble at all. This is temporary. 
  • se9addick said:
    stonemuse said:

I love the specificity is with which you define throwaway phrases!
    Glad to hear it. 
  • I thought we needed signings before the weekend?.
  • stonemuse said:
    PopIcon said:
    stonemuse said:

This is crazy, why do I have to be so repetitive ... we are not in massive trouble.  

Glad to see that you don't think we are in trouble. One win in fifteen is nothing to worry about and fortunately we don't have any injury problems.

Just a blip.
  • stonemuse said:
    PopIcon said:
    stonemuse said:

Glad to see that you don't think we are in trouble. One win in fifteen is nothing to worry about and fortunately we don't have any injury problems.

Just a blip.
    Glad you agree  :)
    We needed someone before last weekend 
    We needed someone before last weekend 
    And look what happened then!
  • I still think getting Maddison in is a statement of intent and should be done but what do I know 
  • Sponsored links:

• stonemuse said:
    stonemuse said:
    PopIcon said:
    stonemuse said:

Just a blip.
    Glad you agree  :)
    But I think our promotion bid is in MASSIVE
    trouble!!!!!
    Unfortunately I must agree, automatics probably out now  :(

• Players never used to be honed athletes, with barely an ounce of fat on them.
    The days of  a piss up the night before, fry up for breakfast and fag at half time are long gone.
    You've obviously never seen a Charltonlife football match  ;)
  • 233 new posts... Anything at all worth knowing?

Nah.
  • That quote glitch is proper annoying. In response to it being a league 1 team I've seen us line up far better in league 1.

Literally the shittest of shit defects this site has had.

Bring back the double spacing.
  • PopIcon said:
    stonemuse said:
    We are in massive trouble. 

I get that Southall is in a tricky position, we don't want to offer decent money and then find ourselves in League 1, but this is similar to the summer where we are missing out on decent players because we can't offer that bit extra. 
    We are not in massive trouble ... Lee about to sign, a number of players being looked at, players returning from injury, 5 points clear of relegation and a better goal difference. 

the proof is in the pudding.
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaggggggghhhhhhh
  • I keep reading give them time ,which I agree with ------but what about this weekend ? No players in and a key player gone. 

Don't worry mate, Preston and Fulham are s***, we'll coast these games.